Mark Jackson is mind numbing!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
Mark Jackson is out of his mind.  Not only is he calling Deron Williams the 2nd best PG in the NBA (Kidd is at least the 2nd the best without a doubt, no matter how much his team sucks), but he continually spouts out mindless catchphrases.  This guy is ruining the art of NBA broadcasting.  The worst part is, I cannot escape him because he calls Nets games too.  Please save us from Mark Jackson's mouth!
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I actually think he is fine saying that D-Will is the #2 PG in the NBA (since it's his opinion). Sure Kidd is good but he hasn't been dominating like D-Will has and this is what he has been doing all year so I'm sure that's why Jackson is saying that.. I will say I would personally still have Kidd in 2nd behind Nash but Deron is 3rd on the list easy especially now with how he is just killing the Spurs even with Bowen on him.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

I'd never even heard of Williams before the series with the Spurs. Granted I'm not a big NBA fan but there ought to be a bevy of other talented point guard's I'd rank above this Williams kid.

Baron Davis

Chauncey Billups

Tony Parker

nowitzki89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nowitzki89
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
J Kidd isn't dominating.  He is the definiton of a triple double, Deron Williams is ok, but Kidd is amazing.  Dagger threes when you least expect them and his vision is 2nd only to Nash in the entire league.  Mark Jackson is out of his mind saying that, its all because they are in the West finals that he is saying it.  If Kidd and NJ would have made it and Utha lost first round to Houston he would neevr say anything like that.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickdastick

I'd never even heard of Williams before the series with the Spurs. Granted I'm not a big NBA fan but there ought to be a bevy of other talented point guard's I'd rank above this Williams kid.

Baron Davis

Chauncey Billups

Tony Parker

MartinRiggs15

So since you haven't heard of him he shouldn't be put up there? I understand he is in his second year and isn't "proven" like some of the guys you named but look at the stats! He was killer all year (second in assists behind Nash) and he is a scoring machine! Maybe you should actually check out a few games or at least some stats so you can make an INFORMED comment on him... 

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

I didn't know a lot about williams before this series, but wow the guy is impressing the hell out of me.  He's going to be one of the all time greats.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

that crossover and shot he made on Bruce Bowen pretty much showed he's going to be around the league for a long time

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UT_Wrestler

that crossover and shot he made on Bruce Bowen pretty much showed he's going to be around the league for a long time

andyboiii

Anyone who can make Bowen look foolish is a future hall-of-famer.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nickdastick

andyboiii

andyboiii I have a new found respect for you! I will be cutting you slack from now on, officially!

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

nickdastick

andyboiii I have a new found respect for you! I will be cutting you slack from now on, officially!

lol thanks I just see what's good in the NBA

LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
Please! Baron Davis is better than Jason Kidd. When it's all said and done Kidd could be top 10 best point guards of all time but his game has diminished. Kidd couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Forget about his passing just lay off him and let him hit jumpshots. He'll miss all day. Deron is good. But NOT THAT GOOD. That happens a lot against the Spurs. Look at Bonzi Wells last year. He KILLED THE SPURS. He never missed a shot. Spurs couldn't stop him. But what has he done since? Stockton to Malone. Great. Williams to Boozer? Uh, no. Once Boozer starts playing some D and stop watching the game they can contend.
rosssca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rosssca
Member since 2005 • 445 Posts
At least it isn't Bill Walton.
FreeStylez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreeStylez
Member since 2003 • 1131 Posts
Mark Jackson is the worst NBA announcer i heard on TV god i hate him
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

He is nowhere near Jon Barry in terms of stupid. Over the past month, I've heard him say this:
"That was a good call, I just don't agree with it."
"The Blazers should trade this pick for a couple solid veterans"
"They should put in a 7th foul"

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Mark Jackson is out of his mind. Not only is he calling Deron Williams the 2nd best PG in the NBA (Kidd is at least the 2nd the best without a doubt, no matter how much his team sucks), but he continually spouts out mindless catchphrases. This guy is ruining the art of NBA broadcasting. The worst part is, I cannot escape him because he calls Nets games too. Please save us from Mark Jackson's mouth!adamf_17
umm its an opionion and  Kidd is not the second best pg he is the best pg. Mark Jackson owns as a commentator he acts different whe he broadcasts for ESPN but when he does the Nets games hes hilarious
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NetYankEagle
Mark Jackson is the worst NBA announcer i heard on TV god i hate himFreeStylez
umm...Mr. Walton
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NetYankEagle

Please! Baron Davis is better than Jason Kidd. When it's all said and done Kidd could be top 10 best point guards of all time but his game has diminished. Kidd couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Forget about his passing just lay off him and let him hit jumpshots. He'll miss all day. Deron is good. But NOT THAT GOOD. That happens a lot against the Spurs. Look at Bonzi Wells last year. He KILLED THE SPURS. He never missed a shot. Spurs couldn't stop him. But what has he done since? Stockton to Malone. Great. Williams to Boozer? Uh, no. Once Boozer starts playing some D and stop watching the game they can contend.LessThanMarcus
LMAO so the man who avg a triple double through th efirs t2 rounds of the playoffs and had 14 in this 06-07 is bad? Even though he  had  career 14 TD this year his game diminished....please think about what you are talking about..:lol: Baron Davis better then Kidd lol

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

LMAO so the man who avg a triple double through th efirs t2 rounds of the playoffs and had 14 in this 06-07 is bad? Even though he had career 14 TD this year his game diminished....please think about what you are talking about..:lol: Baron Davis better then Kidd lol

NetYankEagle

Uh...but...

umm its an opionion

NetYankEagle

By the way -- Adamf was basically agreeing with you. I'm almost positive Mark Jackson was saying Nash was the best Point Guard, which means Kidd wasn't one of the top 2(since Williams was, according to Jackson). Adamf was saying Kidd should either be #2 or #1.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I think D-Will is a beast, but nowhere near the top PG in the league. IMO, Nash, Kidd, B-Diddy, Tony parker, are all better PG's than Williams. Will Williams be better than these guys eventually? That's possible, but I don't think he's better than these guys yet. Just my opinion.

As for Mark jackson, he's an OK commentator, nowhere near as bad as Jon Barry.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Mark Jackson is pretty lame , but does saying that williams is the second best point guard right now sound all that crazy ? I don't think so. It is just his opinion which some people might agree with.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UT_Wrestler
The Jazz would have been swept if it weren't for williams's outstanding play in this series.  Even though the Jazz will lose this series, it looks like they've found their franchise player to build around (not boozer).
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

All this fussing about J-Kidd is annoying.  You cannot rank a 2nd year PG over a guy that's a hall of famer that may have also had the best season of his career.  My main point was that Mark Jackson just spouts out random catchphrases constantly.  Also, I only said Kidd is the 2nd best PG in the NBA because everytime I say he's the best people throw Nash in my face.  Three good years is not enough to make him better that Kidd.  Nash hasn't even seen the finals.  Lastly, I like Baron Davis, but people can't say Kidd can't hit a shot after they look at Baron's field goal % and 3 point % over the past few years.  I don't care how good he was in the playoffs.  Kidd is the best PG in the NBA.  DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Deron Williams is a damn good point guard, but I still say CP3 is better cuz he finishes better at the rim.

yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
Deron Wiliiams is Great sometimes I forget he's in his 2nd year.
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts

He is nowhere near Jon Barry in terms of stupid. Over the past month, I've heard him say this:
"That was a good call, I just don't agree with it."
"The Blazers should trade this pick for a couple solid veterans"
"They should put in a 7th foul"

JML897

I thought that was Jeff Van Gundy

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Ive been saying this all series, he has been on his pants since game 1. When they were gettin blown out, he kept praising every basket he made in a pointless game. He has a thing for the Jazz and especially Williams.