List of the biggest football/soccer rivalries around the world

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bconngemini
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

Here is a great list of all major football rivalries worldwide from wikipedia, defined as "Fierce conflicts between supporter groups, large media coverage, high television viewing figures":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_football_rivalries

Also a good list of international football rivalries (germany vs england, argentina vs brazil...etc)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_rivalries#International_rivalries

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#3 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Packers- Bears can be.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.NetYankEagle
:lol:

lol don't be jealous. Cowboys don't care as much as you Eagles as you guys care about Dallas. Even if the Skins are 1-14...Dallas still wants to beat them down, vice versa too. But maybe you don't think its Eagles/Cowboys so go ahead and tell me what you think is the best rivalry in the NFL.

jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts

College - KU and Mizzou

Pro- Oakland and Chiefs

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrgab

Kansas and Missouri?

College ones would be - Michigan/Ohio State, USC/UCLA, Alabama/Auburn

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
This thread is about soccer. :P

Anyway, my favourite international rivalry is Serbia vs. Croatia.

As for clubs, I'm not really sure.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Espurs117
lol yes it is about soccer.

I would have to say one of my favs is Argentina vs England. Ever since that war these teams hate each other, and when they actually play it is a must see game.
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts

Kansas and Missouri?

mrgab

Probably the best rivalry in the big 12. Got even more tense last year while both teams were competing to be number one in AP poll. Mizzou/Illinois is a good one too.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.Espurs117

lol don't be jealous. Cowboys don't care as much as you Eagles as you guys care about Dallas. Even if the Skins are 1-14...Dallas still wants to beat them down, vice versa too. But maybe you don't think its Eagles/Cowboys so go ahead and tell me what you think is the best rivalry in the NFL.

The fact that you even think the cowboys/redskins rivarly is the top rivalry is a joke. Colts/Patriots Rivalry owns that. Both cowboys and redskins are a joke to even be talked about being the top rivalry especially the redskins.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.Bigboi500

That little lol face is about all he ever posts. Not much of a conversationalist...

tru thats about 98% of my posts:|
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.NetYankEagle

The fact that you even think the cowboys/redskins rivarly is the top rivalry is a joke. Colts/Patriots Rivalry owns that. Both cowboys and redskins are a joke to even be talked about being the top rivalry especially the redskins.

Redskins Super Bowl wins= 3

Eagles Super Bowl wins= jack **** :lol:

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.Bigboi500

packers/bears - those two franchises are pretty much the history of professional american football

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrgab
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Kansas and Missouri?

jharv

Probably the best rivalry in the big 12. Got even more tense last year while both teams were competing to be number one in AP poll. Mizzou/Illinois is a good one too.

Ah for conference rivalry for that area. Its like Wisconsin/Minnesota.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500
This thread is about soccer. :P

UssjTrunks
O_o what is this "soccor" you speak of?
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
The Broncos/Chargers rivalry is growing, cause Cutler and Rivers just hate each other.
links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 links136
Member since 2004 • 2400 Posts
Winnipeg/Saskatchewan. Banjo Bowl FTW!
xboxplayer1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xboxplayer1990
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

North Carolina-NC State

North Carolina-Duke

Panthers-Buccaneers

Panthers-Falcons

Well those are the only ones I care about.

bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bconngemini
lol didn't expect the americans to come here and start talking about their little college or whatever rivalries...also keep in mind the list is the major football rivalries in the world...not major american football rivalries than no one except americans has ever heard of :)
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrgab

[QUOTE="bconngemini"]lol didn't expect the americans to come here and start talking about their little college or whatever rivalries...mastershake575
This board is over 90% americans......... Wouldn't it make more sense to post this somewhere else instead of complaining ?

Or have the title football/soccer. Especially here and on a day where most on here are talking about NFL football.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
lol didn't expect the americans to come here and start talking about their little college or whatever rivalries...also keep in mind the list is the major football rivalries in the world...not major american football rivalries than no one except americans has ever heard of :)bconngemini
This forum and over 90% of the users here are americans......... How's that not expected ?
bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bconngemini

[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="bconngemini"]lol didn't expect the americans to come here and start talking about their little college or whatever rivalries...mrgab

This board is over 90% americans......... Wouldn't it make more sense to post this somewhere else instead of complaining ?

Or have the title football/soccer. Especially here and on a day where most on here are talking about NFL football.

sorry about that, changed the title to football/soccer.

bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bconngemini

I would have to say one of my favs is Argentina vs England. Ever since that war these teams hate each other, and when they actually play it is a must see game. Espurs117

Argentina creates some great rivalries, not only at the world level against england, but at the club level. I would say that the Boca vs River Plate Superclassico is probably in the top 5 most famous footballing rivalries on the planet, right up there with the mancher united derby and barca vs real madrid and argentina vs england.plus you have to love the atmosphere the bombonera creates for a boca vs gremio game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDefF-zdtb8

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Imo there is no bigger rivalry in football then Redskins/Cowboys.NetYankEagle

lmao. Yeah a rivalry that doesn't happen every year. Jeez you really failed on this one.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Espurs117
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Kansas and Missouri?

jharv

lol what? Umm no. I would put OU/Texas. Texas/A&M. OU/Nebraska over Mizzou and KU. Seriously. Last year was the first year in a looooong time that rivalry even mattered.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
lol didn't expect the americans to come here and start talking about their little college or whatever rivalries...bconngemini

Buuuuuurn!! :P
Ray2259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Ray2259
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

England & Germany, Manchester United & Liverpool, AC Milan & Inter Milan, Portsmouth & Southampton

There will be blood

Christopper

There are no bigger rivalries than in South America.. they are just rarely televised....

i'm still laughing at the fact people are refering to the NFL and college football .. it hilarious

i'd say of the telvised rivalries.. i'd say Inter Milan vs Ac Milan...

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]I would have to say one of my favs is Argentina vs England. Ever since that war these teams hate each other, and when they actually play it is a must see game. bconngemini

Argentina creates some great rivalries, not only at the world level against england, but at the club level. I would say that the Boca vs River Plate Superclassico is probably in the top 5 most famous footballing rivalries on the planet, right up there with the mancher united derby and barca vs real madrid and argentina vs england.plus you have to love the atmosphere the bombonera creates for a boca vs gremio game:

yeh rivalries in South America have been insane.. barca vs Real (el classico) is alwqays huge

Best derbies are between Barca v Real.. and Inter Milan vs Ac Milan

bloodshed is inevitable

barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts
the three I can think of are Barcelona and Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan, Mexico and USA
bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bconngemini

the three I can think of are Barcelona and Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan, Mexico and USAbarcx17

"Mexico and USA"? How can two crappy football nations (one hasn't produced a good player since marquez and the other calls it soccer) ever be considered a rivalry...i know americans hate mexicans and vice versa, but its still a lame rivalry...who cares?

bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bconngemini
[QUOTE="Christopper"]

England & Germany, Manchester United & Liverpool, AC Milan & Inter Milan, Portsmouth & Southampton

There will be blood

Ray2259

There are no bigger rivalries than in South America.. they are just rarely televised....

i'm still laughing at the fact people are refering to the NFL and college football .. it hilarious

i'd say of the telvised rivalries.. i'd say Inter Milan vs Ac Milan...

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]I would have to say one of my favs is Argentina vs England. Ever since that war these teams hate each other, and when they actually play it is a must see game. bconngemini

yeh rivalries in South America have been insane.. barca vs Real (el classico) is alwqays huge

Best derbies are between Barca v Real.. and Inter Milan vs Ac Milan

bloodshed is inevitable

except for the boca vs river plate and argentina vs brazil rivalry, the best ones are still in uefa clubs.

barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 barcx17

[QUOTE="barcx17"]the three I can think of are Barcelona and Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan, Mexico and USAbconngemini

"Mexico and USA"? How can two crappy football nations (one hasn't produced a good player since marquez and the other calls it soccer) ever be considered a rivalry...i know americans hate mexicans and vice versa, but its still a lame rivalry...who cares?

Well apperantly a lot of people in Mexico and USA who like futbol care about this rivalry.

And how can you say that Mexico hasn't produced any good players? They have a bunch of young talent that are gonna make it big in Europe like Carlos Vela, Andres Guardado, Giovani dos Santos, and Nery Castillo.

barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 barcx17
[QUOTE="barcx17"][QUOTE="bconngemini"]

[QUOTE="barcx17"]the three I can think of are Barcelona and Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan, Mexico and USAbconngemini

Well apperantly a lot of people in Mexico and USA who like futbol care about this rivalry.

And how can you say that Mexico hasn't produced any good players? They have a bunch of young talent that are gonna make it big in Europe like Carlos Vela, Andres Guardado, Giovani dos Santos, and Nery Castillo.

lol, just proves how much Mexicans suck when your rivalry is agaist the crappy USA. USA is completely irrelevant in the football world, as is Mexico, plus USA is completely isolated and don't even care about futbol, they have their own little sport they follow. Plus all those playes exceot dos Santos suck. Castillo = arsenal benchwarmer. Guardado = short little no-name mexican no one cares about. and castillo got demoted to playing in ukraine.

Carlos Vela is the Arsenal "benchwarmer" who had a hat trick a few weeks ago, Guardado is one of, if not the best player in Deportivo and is Mexico's best player overall. Castillo is not playing in Ukraine since he's on a loan to Man City. Out of the 4 I named, Giovani dos Santos is probably the weakest out of them, but still good.

Anyway, I don't want to argue, you proved that you know so much about Mexican players and Mexican futbol :roll: no more need to spill your hate for them.

bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bconngemini
[QUOTE="bconngemini"][QUOTE="barcx17"][QUOTE="bconngemini"]

[QUOTE="barcx17"]the three I can think of are Barcelona and Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan, Mexico and USAbarcx17

lol, just proves how much Mexicans suck when your rivalry is agaist the crappy USA. USA is completely irrelevant in the football world, as is Mexico, plus USA is completely isolated and don't even care about futbol, they have their own little sport they follow. Plus all those playes exceot dos Santos suck. Castillo = arsenal benchwarmer. Guardado = short little no-name mexican no one cares about. and castillo got demoted to playing in ukraine.

Carlos Vela is the Arsenal "benchwarmer" who had a hat trick a few weeks ago, Guardado is one of, if not the best player in Deportivo and is Mexico's best player overall. Castillo is not playing in Ukraine since he's on a loan to Man City. Out of the 4 I named, Giovani dos Santos is probably the weakest out of them, but still good.

Anyway, I don't want to argue, you proved that you know so much about Mexican players and Mexican futbol :roll: no more need to spill your hate for them.

lol he scored a hat trick in a 6-0 game against SHEFFIELD UNITED, a irrelebant game in which the average player wasn;t over 20 years old! he acts as a sub for van persie in the regular team.

Guardado is nowhere near the best player in deportivo (which is a mediocre club at its best). He's got 30 caps for them in 2 years!

Castillo had to pay half his transfer fee just to get into the premier league! now that he is there, he remains irrelevant.

Face it mexico sucks. THe fact that the US is your rival proves it more than any one of these mediocre players.