LeGarrete Blount, Zero Respect.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Yannakos
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Im sorry, I really don't mean to be krass... but this guys absolute garbage.

How is it possible, that one of the MAIN REASONS why you WEREN'T DRAFTED was because of the fact that you cannot control yourself and you actually punch another player... that you are STUPID ENOUGH to actually do it again in the NFL?!?

This guys absolute garbarge. Hits his own teammate during a practice?!?!?

Ok you know what, rough-housing does occur in the NFL I understand how it can get started, but holding a background history of lowering yourself down to a level when you have already hit a player as the play is over and repeat that in the pros? This guy is SCUM.

For some reason, I can't access videos on NFL past watching commercials so I posted a youtube that I could find here. Feel free to enlighten your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG2SqGuutQ&feature=related

XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

I saw this earlier not the smartest decision.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

A few of those guys in blue deserved a little slap upside their head, let's be honest. There's playing hard and there's playing dirty against a defenselessteammate without a helmet. And they still had the audacity to keep running their mouths when the white team took exception. That dork in college running his mouth also got what he deserved. Blount is a role model.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Ok, he should not have done it, but he was provoked two plays in a row by the defense.

In consecutive plays, his helmet was ripped off by the defense and on the second play he reacted. Can't say I blame him, I would have been pissed too because of the new (stupid) NFL rule.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
That was a beastly run by LeGarrete. At least this was in practice instead of a game and the white dude had a helmet on.
Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yannakos

You should watch NFL Networks specials when they actually hook up wires to these players during the games... It is a commonality for other players to talk trash to invoke someone on the other team into doing something stupid, in essence having yardage taken away. IF this was on the field, theres only one person the flag would be called on for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and thats Blounte... not the defense. And who does it hurt? Everyone on offense.

The last thing he needs to be called is a role-model. This man is anything but, and has no business touching another player, especially on your own team, after the play is over. This is not something that is "ok" for kids to look at and say "well if he can do it maybe I can too". This is what got him suspended in college, and will leave him UNEMPLOYED in the NFL.

If he can't keep his hands to himself he needs to go into MMA and really get his *** kicked.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

How is it possible, that one of the MAIN REASONS why you WEREN'T DRAFTED was because of the fact that you cannot control yourself and you actually punch another player... that you are STUPID ENOUGH to actually do it again in the NFL?!?

Ok you know what, rough-housing does occur in the NFL I understand how it can get started, but holding a background history of lowering yourself down to a level when you have already hit a player as the play is over and repeat that in the pros? This guy is SCUM.

For some reason, I can't access videos on NFL past watching commercials so I posted a youtube that I could find here. Feel free to enlighten your thoughts.

Yannakos

Hey Yannakos long time no talk. But yeah I get what you're saying, Blount definitely needs to get some help otherwise he might not stay on the team. I don't blame Jeff Fisher for not taking the situation seriously but if he does it in a game then you have to begin to wonder if he really wants to play football or starts fights. He's a good kid, but he just needs an attitude adjustment. Oh and I love your sig by the way, I think the 'Skins are gonna make a lot of noisr this year.

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yannakos

And to stay accurate, if you notice by the end of the run when he was getting gang tackled, his helmet eventually fell off... in which led to the point of people not attacking him any further due to his head being unprotected.

Which leds me further to believe that we should all be thankful this guy doesn't play defense, in which would lead to him attacking defensless and/or unprotected players.

For all whom don't know, new NFL rules state that once a player loses his helmet, the play is over. This is to coincide with taking a move on player health & safety.

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yannakos

Hey Flowers, long time no talk... guess its that time of year again :).

I hate to be so negative, but since I go to school in the south I just recently went to the Senior Bowl for the first time. One of the biggest stories at the senior bowl besides Tim Tebow was Blounts future.

Now at this time I didn't really pay much attention to college football at all... but from almost everyone I talked to that day was SO negative in their initial reactions about this guy and I couldn't really understand until I heard about his background. He definately had all the tools you need to become something in the NFL, but a common comparison to his college in actions were made as if he was "hitting below the belt". And it was such a huge deal and I saw the video, pretty much sucker punched some guy on the other team.

And then he does it again? That was my rant.

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I really don't think this is a big deal, these type of things happen from time to time a couple years ago Vince Young fought someone on the defense, Steve Smith broke Ken Lucas' nose in their fight, Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson fought once during a training camp, and all LeGarrete did was hit him once and the guy was even wearing a helmet. People are just making a big deal out of this because of his past.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox

Hey Flowers, long time no talk... guess its that time of year again :).

I hate to be so negative, but since I go to school in the south I just recently went to the Senior Bowl for the first time. One of the biggest stories at the senior bowl besides Tim Tebow was Blounts future.

Now at this time I didn't really pay much attention to college football at all... but from almost everyone I talked to that day was SO negative in their initial reactions about this guy and I couldn't really understand until I heard about his background. He definately had all the tools you need to become something in the NFL, but a common comparison to his college in actions were made as if he was "hitting below the belt". And it was such a huge deal and I saw the video, pretty much sucker punched some guy on the other team.

And then he does it again? That was my rant.

Yannakos
It would have been a flag on the defense too. You can't rip someone s helmot off. But blount would have been ejected.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yannakos

I now have respect for him again

Something dirty happened and he did nothing but when it happened again he settled the score

This is what makes great character players in the NFL, the ability to accept when things go to far but the second you know it's dirty to take a stand and fix things yourself

I had no respect for Blount before this but I'm back in his favor and I bet the coaching staff and other players love him

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3542 Posts

I wouldn't look too much into it...he's just an offensive player, if you know what I mean. :P

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Fights happen all the time in camp... its something coaches actually like. Blount got into it with a guy who had his number, and stood up for himself.

The punch in college was different. The game was over, and Blount was being a sore loser. It was also a sucker punch.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I really don't think this is a big deal, these type of things happen from time to time. People are just making a big deal out of this because of his past.

SomeGuyInLA
This.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Not a big deal. Fights happen in camp all the time. Steve Smith mike tyson'd ken Lucas. People just make a deal cus it's Blounte this time. And yes, he is a role model for punching Byron Hout. Hout disrespected a grown mans personal space after a game and got his ass put down for it. And now he rightfully gets to see that awesome punch whenever his name is brought up for the rest of his life. Douchebag.
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Not a big deal. Fights happen in camp all the time. Steve Smith mike tyson'd ken Lucas. People just make a deal cus it's Blounte this time. And yes, he is a role model for punching Byron Hout. Hout disrespected a grown mans personal space after a game and got his ass put down for it. And now he rightfully gets to see that awesome punch whenever his name is brought up for the rest of his life. Douchebag.-Halftime-

Yeah because getting sucker punced with your backed turned makes you a douchebag. If you heard the type of things NFL player say to each other on the field, you would wonder why fights don't break out all the time. Its called self control.

Blount was just mad he lost and played a horrible game.

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

This was nothing compared to what happenned in Oregon. When you have a bunch of dudes full of testosterones fighting for a roster spot that may earn them the dream of their lives and a lot money, you can expect these things to happen.

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I found this really interesting.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/08/canzano_legarrette_blount_-_be.html

I follow Oregon, and I have never heard aboutthat incident before, likely because they played it off as an accident. Sure makes you wonder though...

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

People say it's no big deal. Yea, fights happen all the time in practice, but your history makes you who you are. If he gets like this in practice, what is he gonna do in a real game when the situation is actually worse and opposing teams are killing ya. Of course Fisher will downplay it, he has to or else it gets out of hand... but you know he's getting talked to behind closed doors...

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yannakos

People say it's no big deal. Yea, fights happen all the time in practice, but your history makes you who you are. If he gets like this in practice, what is he gonna do in a real game when the situation is actually worse and opposing teams are killing ya. Of course Fisher will downplay it, he has to or else it gets out of hand... but you know he's getting talked to behind closed doors...

feryl06

Said perfectly.

Already got my point across so.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

feryl06

Yeah, Fisher brought him into his office and applauded him for it

I mean Fisher is old school Buddy Ryan schooled when it comes to football. He's loving that one of his players in his rookie campaign had the leadership qualities to settle that on the field.

This is where true leaders are born and not sniveling weaklings that don't stand up for themselves or their teammates

Heck, the 85 Bears had the defense and the offense fight all the time with Ryan and Ditka almost fighting on a few occasions

A lot of teams are now kicking themselves that they passed over a player that can come in and be a leader right away

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chutebox

[QUOTE="feryl06"]

Yannakos

Said perfectly.

I'm not defending Blount or anything, but in a real game a player isn't going to rip off Blount's helmet without getting flagged for it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Yannakos"]

[QUOTE="feryl06"]

Chutebox

Said perfectly.

I'm not defending Blount or anything, but in a real game a player isn't going to rip off Blount's helmet without getting flagged for it.

Also the second time his helmet is ripped off that player is thrown out of the game and has a few games to sit once the Commish looks at it

In practice if this was a problem the staff could have stopped it but they didn't because they wanted to see how the players would respond

Blount came through with flying colors

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

A few of those guys in blue deserved a little slap upside their head, let's be honest. There's playing hard and there's playing dirty against a defenselessteammate without a helmet. And they still had the audacity to keep running their mouths when the white team took exception. That dork in college running his mouth also got what he deserved. Blount is a role model.

Nike_Air

I agree to an extent. Others have provoked this guy to do the things he do. But he also needs to learn how to control himself better. And why is this a big deal to some? Practices can get intense in alot of sports and sometimes people can lose their cool. Just thenature of the game.