Kimbo vs. Ken shamrock in oct.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts

My money is on slice kens been washed up.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/902/902571p1.html

SG_Fred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SG_Fred
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts
Thats exactly what the Elite XC needed. Even though Shamrock is washed up he's still a big name. This will get them ratings. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shamrock win this though. Kimbo didn't look good at all against Thompson. I guess we'll see
paohao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paohao
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
why is shamrock fighting i dont know kimble but i always go for the underdog and i hope the old man wins
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
I guess Ken needs a paycheck. But hey, he bounced back from the first lost to Ortiz by beating a much larger man, he may do it again.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Shamrock isnt dead yet:| anyways im rooting for SHamrock since he is old and everyone is expecting him to lose
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
YES!! Kimbo!!!
borts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 borts
Member since 2008 • 213 Posts
Should be a good matchup but really i can't stand everything moving to pay per view. The media asks "what's happened to boxing"? "Whats happened it wrestling?" the honest answer is that there is a very limited pay-per-view audience that will pay 40 dollars to watch a match i guarantee if they moved MMA, Boxing, Wrestling and all the other good stuff that has been moved to pay-per-view popularity would skyrocket. But on the other hand this is free so yay free tv.
SG_Fred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SG_Fred
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts
this fight is actually free, so thats good.
califone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 califone
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts
Kimbo is done for if the fight goes to the ground.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

When are they going to stop milking the Kimbo hype?

They saw how he almost lost the last fight so now they go and get the oldest man in the sport to fight him. Great.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

When will Kimbo actually face someone who isnt a bum or washed up?

Stop giving the guy easy fights and put some REAL MMA competition in front of him... this is just getting sad... Frank Shamrock? What a joke.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Stop giving the guy easy fights and put some REAL MMA competition in front of him... this is just getting sad... Frank Shamrock? What a joke.

kozzy1234
I was thinking the same exact thing...... He's 44 years old, has won 2 out of his last 10 fights and was a big shot back in 93-94' :lol:
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

mastershake575

I was thinking the same exact thing...... He's 44 years old, has won 2 out of his last 10 fights and was a big shot back in 93-94' :lol:

They only reason they are giving him crappy opponents is to raise his status. Brett Rogers would have given Kimbo a really tough time. They are gonna keep the two undefeated for as long as possible and make this a PPV match maybe early next year between the two if EliteXC hasn't gone bankrupt by then. They are already on the verge of bankrupty and they need a big name star to lead them out of this mess. Other than that EliteXC will milk Kimbo for all he is worth. I would have rather see Kimbo fight Rogers or Sean Gannon, the only man to actually beat Kimbo in a street fight.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

jfcundiff

They only reason they are giving him crappy opponents is to raise his status. Brett Rogers would have given Kimbo a really tough time. They are gonna keep the two undefeated for as long as possible and make this a PPV match maybe early next year between the two if EliteXC hasn't gone bankrupt by then. They are already on the verge of bankrupty and they need a big name star to lead them out of this mess. Other than that EliteXC will milk Kimbo for all he is worth. I would have rather see Kimbo fight Rogers or Sean Gannon, the only man to actually beat Kimbo in a street fight.

I like Kimbo i just want to see him fight good competition is all. I would love to see him in the ufc fighting the kind of competition Lesnar has been put against to start off his mma career (Herring and Frank Mer are both top notch heavy weights and much better fighters then the ones kimbos been put against)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
Member since 2004 • 2175 Posts
I thought Ken Shamrock was a wrestler...:|
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
Ken Shamrock is not a wrestler he was in the WWF for a short stint but he's been a Mixed Martial Arts fighter his whole career. If Kimbo can't beat an over-the-hill Shamrock then maybe he needs to reconsider his career options. But Ken Shamrock in his prime>>>>>>Kibo Slice fa sho.
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="jfcundiff"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

I like Kimbo i just want to see him fight good competition is all. I would love to see him in the ufc fighting the kind of competition Lesnar has been put against to start off his mma career (Herring and Frank Mer are both top notch heavy weights and much better fighters then the ones kimbos been put against)

Kimbo's last fight should have been stopped. He was getting elbowed in the face for 30 second straight without defending himself. He barely gets past JAMES THOMPSON, and you think he could stand to fight Frank Mir or Heath Herring?

Gator08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Gator08
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts
Kimbo actually surprised me when he fought Thompson on the ground, sure he took a few good hits but man, I never thought he could survive on the ground. Slice knows how to take a hit thats for sure, I always look forward to watching him.
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
Never underestimate Shamrock. He may be old, but he can still fight, and if the fight goes to the ground, Ken definitely has the advantage.
Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Never underestimate Shamrock. He may be old, but he can still fight, and if the fight goes to the ground, Ken definitely has the advantage.cell_dweller
I dont think they've ever heard of "old man's strength"
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

Kimbo actually surprised me when he fought Thompson on the ground, sure he took a few good hits but man, I never thought he could survive on the ground. Slice knows how to take a hit thats for sure, I always look forward to watching him.Gator08

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

He didn't look like he was surviving on the ground when he was eating elbows for 30 seconds straight without doing anything.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
[QUOTE="cell_dweller"]Never underestimate Shamrock. He may be old, but he can still fight, and if the fight goes to the ground, Ken definitely has the advantage.Sports_N_E_1

Randy Couture ring any bells? (Hope I spelled that right :P)
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

Never underestimate Shamrock. He may be old, but he can still fight, and if the fight goes to the ground, Ken definitely has the advantage.cell_dweller

Agreed

Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
[QUOTE="Sports_N_E_1"][QUOTE="cell_dweller"]Never underestimate Shamrock. He may be old, but he can still fight, and if the fight goes to the ground, Ken definitely has the advantage.cell_dweller

Randy Couture ring any bells? (Hope I spelled that right :P)

oh h3ll yeah! lol. not trying to change the subject but i've always been a fan of matt hughs
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="Gator08"]Kimbo actually surprised me when he fought Thompson on the ground, sure he took a few good hits but man, I never thought he could survive on the ground. Slice knows how to take a hit thats for sure, I always look forward to watching him.InterpolWilco

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

He didn't look like he was surviving on the ground when he was eating elbows for 30 seconds straight without doing anything.

Can someone tell me again why the fight was not stopped at that point?