Jose Antonio Puerta dies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iliastse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 iliastse
Member since 2004 • 22686 Posts

A big tragedy for the Spanish team of Sevilla.

The chairman of Sevilla announced earlier this day the death of the left back of Sevilla, Antonio Puerta. His situation was very bad the last hours mainly cause of serious brain damage which was a result of a heart attack during last Sunday's match against Getafe for the Spanish League. Antonio Del Nido (chairman of Sevilla) immediately applied to UEFA in order for the AEK vs Sevilla match to be postponed and having in mind the application of AEK Athens application cause of the victims from fire in Greece, UEFA decided to finally postpone tonight's match for next Monday.

Antonio Puerta played 50 matches for Sevilla and also managed to play once for the Spanish national team. He won the UEFA Cup twice with Sevilla, the Super Cup and the Spanish Cup (Copa Del Rey). The 22 year old is survived by his girlfriend, who is expecting a baby during the next month.

R.I.P. Antonio...

melrose53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 melrose53
Member since 2004 • 959 Posts

Thats so Dang Sad...to Die at such a Young Age....Do they Know what made him have the Heart attacks?

RIP Jose!

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Sad.
Avatar image for deactivated-614fa247a87ab
deactivated-614fa247a87ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
Member since 2003 • 1858 Posts
That really sucks. He had so much ahead for him. And for it to be a heart attack out of all things at such a young age almost sounds like a curse.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

Terrible news he was such a talented young player he had so much ahead of him not just professionally but also off the pitch with his girlfriend expecting their first child.

R.I.P. Antonio

keci_kt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 keci_kt
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts

Yes it is sad that this happened to a young player. Even after spending 14 years with the club it is even more devastating for all of his teammates that were with him since they were boys.

Here is the article that explains what was the cause of dead.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=457784&cc=3888

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I found this this morning on the news. I was really sad, still am. I can't even believe he's gone, so young and about to be a father.

R.I.P Jose Antonio Puerta 1983-2007

BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackStalker
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts
Sad day for Sevilla and sad day for soccer. Rest In Peace Antonio Puerta.
morsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 morsy
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts

It reminds me of Segei Zholtok's death and what happened to Jiri Fischer. It's such a sad thing that it had to happen again.

I can't understand with all the physical examination that they don't find such diseases, or ignore them because they think nothing will happen anyway.

iliastse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 iliastse
Member since 2004 • 22686 Posts

The goalkeeper of Liverpool FC Jose Manuel Reina added:

"I played with him in the national team, he was one of my team-mates and all I can say is that my thoughts are with his family at such a bad moment. His wife was eight months pregnant and he was only 22. Apparently he was healthy, but these things don't give you a call. It is such a pity and is the worst day in my footballing life to know that someone who I was quite close to has left us. It makes you realise that being healthy, seeing your family and children, are the most important things in life."It was hard to play in the match after hearing the news. I heard in the afternoon and it was just unbelievable."