Is the NBA rigged?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Is it rigged or just full of a bunch of idoits. It's to easy to see some of the bias calls. And sometimes some just horrible ones. Rondo would have never gotten mad had the right call been made. Gasol put hard pick on Gallo had it been Kobe whistle not fair. Lebron gets almost everything he wants. I don't want to think the NBA is rigged for Heat Lakers. Or Heat Thunder or Heat Spurs. But sometimes you gotta wonder.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Sometimes I seriously wonder about rogue referees.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
It's not rigged. It just has the worst referees of the 4 american pro sports. I love the game but this is a fact.
Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

It's not rigged. It just has the worst referees of the 4 american pro sports. I love the game but this is a fact. -Halftime-

Refs in the NFL are pretty bad, they still get the wrong calls even after taking a 5 min break to replay the footage from multiple angles. At least their incompetence is consistent for both teams though, leveling the playing field

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]It's not rigged. It just has the worst referees of the 4 american pro sports. I love the game but this is a fact. Jackboot343

Refs in the NFL are pretty bad, they still get the wrong calls even after taking a 5 min break to replay the footage from multiple angles. At least their incompetence is consistent for both teams though, leveling the playing field

The NFL has boneheads, but it doesn't have people like Dick Bavetta, Violet Palmer, and especially Joey Crawford as officials.The NBA referees besides maybe 4 or 5 of them are absolutely terrible.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
Um...No. None of the 4 sports are rigged. The NBA has bad refs, but all do.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Is it rigged or just full of a bunch of idoits. It's to easy to see some of the bias calls. And sometimes some just horrible ones. Rondo would have never gotten mad had the right call been made. Gasol put hard pick on Gallo had it been Kobe whistle not fair. Lebron gets almost everything he wants. I don't want to think the NBA is rigged for Heat Lakers. Or Heat Thunder or Heat Spurs. But sometimes you gotta wonder.

Xenogears_Rocks

If the NBA was rigging games... I seriously doubt they would be pulling for a Spurs Heat match up. Doesn't look sexy enough for them I'd say.

But no. The games are not rigged I can confidently say. Other than allegations from Tim Donaghy that Game 6 of the 2002 playoffs between the Lakers and Kings was heavily manipulated by refs because it was "in the best interest of the NBA," I haven't seen or heard anything COMPLETELY BS.

All teams would say there are bad calls every game. Refs are human too. They make mistakes.

But yeah... I don't like most NBA referees... especially Joey Crawford....

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

It's not rigged. It just has the worst referees of the 4 american pro sports. I love the game but this is a fact. -Halftime-

^^ This. Even though I think the MLB is right with them now or may even be ahead of them. It's not rigged though.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
NHL's referees can also be unbelievably bad.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Spurs? The NBA hates the Spurs, they love ratings. Yet the Spurs tells the NBA to lick a sack and crown them. I dont know why you brought them up. All games were blowouts so a bad call here or there didn't make a difference.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#11 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

As other have said, no it's not rigged. Just full of incompetent officials.

-

Not solely in the NBA though. Here are some of my favorite blown calls so far in the MLB.

tim-welke-blown-call1.jpg , 0605-baseball-call.jpg_full_600.jpg , 20091021_missedcall_560x375.jpg , and finally grubersanders_display_image.jpg?13090372

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
If it were rigged, the Spurs wouldn't even smell the finals. Spurs kills ratings (even though i hope they win it all)
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Isn't Danaghy proof enough that it has and can be rigged?
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Isn't Danaghy proof enough that it has and can be rigged?DaBrainz

Yes and then some.

It doesnt mean every game is rigged and also they cannot rig it to the point where it looks like wwf/wwe match, so good play can overcome this.

Dick Bavetta gave cookies to one of the coach before go see on yt, and dont forget that Timmy D call from Crawford(?).

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#15 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
MLS refs take the cake as the worst in American sports. I would have to say no on the NBA being rigged though.
wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

Wow, you guys think all sports are clean? Anyone can be bought not just the refs. Players can shave points too. Gambling and TV ratings rule all sports. Give enough money to somebody and they can make a miss look pretty good. Tim Donaghy was just one person who got caught. There's a former FBI agent calling games too. Bob Delaney. Same ref that called a foul on Monta Ellis near the last seconds of the game when Dubs would've otherwise beaten the Lakers at home. He even wrote a book Covert: My Years Infiltrating the Mob. It's childish to think that only one person is capable of doing such injustices to otherwise pure sports. Open your eyes!

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
The refs are terrible, and it definitely seems as though certain teams generally get the better end of the calls, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is rigged.
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

There have been plenty of games blatantly rigged. It's either that or NBA officials reach a level of lopsided incompitence that I cannot believe is possible.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Question I have is why the hell anyone would want to be a ref in the first place? Seems like the worst job you could have in pro sports. If make the right call people hate you, if you make the wrong call people want to murder you and your family and then have everyone say your rigging the game. Just not worth it for the money they pay. As for the game being rigged. There is a list an ESPN reporter made up of the most f'ed up games in NBA history and he gives you reasons and evidence to believe that something was definitely fishy. The game that will always stick out in my mind was the Kings vs Lakers travesty where the Lakers were pretty much given the game regardless of what the Kings did.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
At least Baseball umps can make a mistake and still be man enough to admit it and sometimes even apologize for their error. Like the ump who cost the pitcher his perfect game but admitted he made the wrong call and even apologized to the player afterwards. NBA refs are protected by David Stern and never have to answer for their screw ups and players or coaches get fined for any criticism towards the refs and their mistakes. That just isn't right. They just get to walk off the court and pretend their calls were all the right ones and never get questioned or put in the hot seat. They seem drunk on power half the time. God I hate Crawford.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Spurs? The NBA hates the Spurs, they love ratings. Yet the Spurs tells the NBA to lick a sack and crown them. I dont know why you brought them up. All games were blowouts so a bad call here or there didn't make a difference.

Put_in_Kitna
name of girl in picture? lol
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

driftingsilvia

Michelle Branch

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I agree with Put In Kitna, everytime I seriously wonder if the NBA is rigged, I remember how successful the relatively boring small market Spurs are.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18830 Posts
Question I have is why the hell anyone would want to be a ref in the first place? Seems like the worst job you could have in pro sports. If make the right call people hate you, if you make the wrong call people want to murder you and your family and then have everyone say your rigging the game. Just not worth it for the money they pay. As for the game being rigged. There is a list an ESPN reporter made up of the most f'ed up games in NBA history and he gives you reasons and evidence to believe that something was definitely fishy. The game that will always stick out in my mind was the Kings vs Lakers travesty where the Lakers were pretty much given the game regardless of what the Kings did. Lostboy1224
Refs/Umpire make 6 figures. anyway, all sports are rigged
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Michelle Branch

Well damn....she looks different from what I remember.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Nothing for nothing but the NBA is probably one of the most difficult sports to officiate. With that being said it is one of the worst officiated sports in all of sports. The problem is consistency. If you are going to make a call on one end, you have to make the same on the other. Just because Lebron is a super star he shouldn't get a call for him. Call it like you see it, not like what the fans want, and don't make it about you, because no one comes to see refs, they comes to see NBA players play basktball.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Halftime-
\because no one comes to see refs, they comes to see NBA players play basktball.xscrapzx
THIS THIS THIS. I swear to god Joey Crawford and a select few refs think that we're watching the game to watch their sorry ass officiating. We want to see men play basketball, not idiots with grating philadelphia accents micromanage a game and slow it to a crawl.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#28 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

As a Detroit sports fan, refs and officials in general have never been too kind to us. Especially the Lions. I would like to see Goodell get off his sorry ass and do something about the refs who steal games from us and the Vikings, who may have won a game against the Lions if they noticed the blatant facemask at the end.

The "end of the day we're all human" sh!t is old now.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Rigged? No

Poorly officiated? Yes

Then again, what sport has great officiating.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

I watch some of these games and I wander if it is any different then wrestling. I also see "NBA" players miss wide open shots few feet under the rim and wander how they ever made it to the NBA. I just don't know.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bikouchu35

14u8cph.gif

Lulz I guess new rules?

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

14u8cph.gif

Lulz I guess new rules?

Bikouchu35
Word. After seeing Marc Davis in prime form last night, I'm convinced that he's messed up in the head or something. I dislike the Clippers and I think a lot of his calls were BS.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Halftime-
Yeah, I'm a hater of the Clips but that is just terrible.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]\because no one comes to see refs, they comes to see NBA players play basktball.-Halftime-
THIS THIS THIS. I swear to god Joey Crawford and a select few refs think that we're watching the game to watch their sorry ass officiating. We want to see men play basketball, not idiots with grating philadelphia accents micromanage a game and slow it to a crawl.

Joey Crawford is a POS, agreed.

Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xenogears_Rocks

I think the Nuggets Laker serise was rigged! World Peace aka Ron Artest was suspended 7 games and it was a weird number and we know David Stern did it just incase the Nuggets made it close. Then the refs in that final 4 games gave the Nuggets only 70 free throws compared to the Lakers 97 and we all know in games 4 5 6 the Nuggets were super aggresive and could have won them all. Even in game 7 the Nuggets played aggresive just didn't get calls. The Lakers did 23 free throws! Nuggs only got 14. So anyone who says I don't have my facts those are the stats and the league achieved exactly what they wanted. The Nuggs played so well in game 6 nothing could stop them. And I do believe without Artest Nuggs win game 7. But it is what it is and the Lakers will get destroyed by OKC ! And that call on the Clippers was insane! Kinda like when they called Faried for taunting for dunking

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

I think the Nuggets Laker serise was rigged! World Peace aka Ron Artest was suspended 7 games and it was a weird number and we know David Stern did it just incase the Nuggets made it close. Then the refs in that final 4 games gave the Nuggets only 70 free throws compared to the Lakers 97 and we all know in games 4 5 6 the Nuggets were super aggresive and could have won them all. Even in game 7 the Nuggets played aggresive just didn't get calls. The Lakers did 23 free throws! Nuggs only got 14. So anyone who says I don't have my facts those are the stats and the league achieved exactly what they wanted. The Nuggs played so well in game 6 nothing could stop them. And I do believe without Artest Nuggs win game 7. But it is what it is and the Lakers will get destroyed by OKC ! And that call on the Clippers was insane! Kinda like when they called Faried for taunting for dunking

Xenogears_Rocks
No..no. The Lakers were just better than the Nuggets.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
When he got 7 with one left i figured they wanted a slap on the wrist but didn't want to cost the Lakers the series. Seemed fishy to me then......
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

14u8cph.gif

Lulz I guess new rules?

Bikouchu35
What did he get called for?
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bikouchu35

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

14u8cph.gif

Lulz I guess new rules?

-Renegade

What did he get called for?

The refs does the T sign for technical foul for guess what?.. High fives literally!

Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xenogears_Rocks
Dwayne Wade should have been suspended for his flagrant foul! And the Lakers sure got a ton of calls last night luckily the Thunder found a way to win! Refs and David Stern suck!
maskedmamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 maskedmamba
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Rigged? No

Poorly officiated? Yes

Then again, what sport has great officiating.

Thefatness16