im not loving this years finals.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
i loved last year the excitement everything shaq posting up dampier, Dirk always choking at the end of games. man do i miss last years playoffs.
wiination27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 wiination27
Member since 2007 • 1741 Posts

Are u kidding? this is a great matchup

on one side u have a quiet superstar (tim duncan) dominating in the inside with the help of tony parker 

and on the other u have of the biggest and best superstars in the game right now that no one can stop when he cathces on fire.. and hes growing into a legend. 

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

Anyone who watched the game for more than five minutes tonight (tonight obviously having been game 1) was treated to a borefest combined with some incredibly sloppy play.  The Spurs played one half pretty much (hint, it wasn't the one following the open tip) and they still dominated.  I'm a Pistons fan and even I got bored rooting for the East rep. (I have much respect for the Spurs though despite them taking us in game seven a couple years back, they are a tremendous team).

This series is going to be a complete joke, and the Cavs will muster one game at most through the help of the inevitable "shaky ref" game that's bound to happen in either game three or four... and even then I'm not totally sure the Cavs will be able to do anything with the help...

Terrible coaching, terrible supporting cast (offensively at least, they aren't that bad defensively, that's where they save themselves), Gibson is the only person who can make an open shot dependably besides Lebron and they don't run hardly any plays for him because Mike Brown is retarded and just now, at this point in the season, realized this kid could do this, and overall, without Lebron, this would be a very average team.  Even with him, his support all around is so poor that they're mearly a good team that got a darned lucky run through the crappy Eastern playoffs playing a team in Washington RAVAGED by injuries, and a team as old as the Titanic from the Titanic division (old in play, not in actual age oddly enough, as the Nets do have some players who aren't heinsously old vets who're overrated), and a Pistons team that just could not muster a single good game throughout the entire series and still stole two games (which they were pretty lucky to get)...

I feel bad for Lebron... if it's going to be like this year in and year out, I don't see him ever bringing a title to Cleveland... as good as he is... it'll be a shame... shining for one game against the Pistons doesn't mean you've "come out."  It means you've given yourself a chance to come out which he sure didn't further do in tonights game one of the finals.  If James had slipped for even a moment in game five against the Pistons, we'd be watching Pistons v Spurs II, and anybody who knows basketball knows this.  Lebron can not duplicate on a regular basis that performance, and unfortunately, that's what the Cavs will need... again, I feel so bad for Lebron... Pavlovich and Gibson... he better hope they develop, because the rest of that cast really doesn't have much promise. 

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
The problem with the nba right now is that the east and the west are horribly unbalanced.  The cavs wouldn't have even made it past the first round if they were in the west.  Hell, I'll go as far as to say that every team the spurs have eliminated (nuggets, suns, jazz), could have all beat the cavs in a 7 game series.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
The problem with the nba right now is that the east and the west are horribly unbalanced.  The cavs wouldn't have even made it past the first round if they were in the west.  Hell, I'll go as far as to say that every team the spurs have eliminated (nuggets, suns, jazz), could have all beat the cavs in a 7 game series.UT_Wrestler
That and we have two defensive teams with relatively small fanbases. We don't get any of the crazy Yankees vs Red Sox (I know its a different sport) crazyness where you're pretty much forced to choose a side and you rarely get any flashy plays to get excited about.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

i loved last year the excitement everything shaq posting up dampier, Dirk always choking at the end of games. man do i miss last years playoffs.carnage2k9

yes, and Dwayne Wade imbelishing everything, even if he was untouched, and still got the foul... 

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
A major problem with the NBA is the lag between games! The next game won't be til Sunday? What's up with that? Momentum is gained and lost so fast with the NBA. I heard that the ratings for this game was a 7.9---that's really bad. Shorten the time between games----it won't fix it, but it's a step in the right direction.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="carnage2k9"]i loved last year the excitement everything shaq posting up dampier, Dirk always choking at the end of games. man do i miss last years playoffs.hockeyruler12

yes, and Dwayne Wade imbelishing everything, even if he was untouched, and still got the foul...

Oh yeah, I loved it when someone would get called for a foul because they accidentally breathed on D-Wade. 

wiination27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 wiination27
Member since 2007 • 1741 Posts
oh wow cleveland lost 1 game and everyone thinks they can get beat by anyone.. they will regroup and win their first 2 home games to tie or lead the series just like they did to the pistons the past 2 years.
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
I'm enjoying these finals. I have been having trouble sleeping lately and they are really helping me out.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
oh wow cleveland lost 1 game and everyone thinks they can get beat by anyone.. they will regroup and win their first 2 home games to tie or lead the series just like they did to the pistons the past 2 years.wiination27
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
I'm liking this finals. I just hope this is not blow out like last games to see who chokes or not.
christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
Last year's finals was the greatest. Go DWYANE WADE