Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao set for May 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

• 
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I think Mayweather wins by decision.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It's about damn time.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

47-1.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

@Silverbond said:

47-1.

If they go the distance i'm going to say Crapweather wins by decision and and i'm sure we won't get a rematch either

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It's about time this fight happened. I'm rooting for Pacquiao, Mayweather gets so annoying. I'm counting on Pacman's speed to KO Floyd.

Got_A_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Got_A_Light
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

I see Mayweather winning by decision. I really hope this fight is all over the newspapers & on internet news sites, as that would be a lot of fun to read about in the paper & see clips of on Youtube. In the WSJ newspaper, they'd feature it not in 'Business & Tech' but in the Sports section. This is sort of like a new-age Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman!

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If it goes to a decision, I think Mayweather will win it. Pac needs to knock him out or win decisively to win in my opinion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18781 Posts

@got_a_light: "This is sort of like a new-age Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman!"

I think they waited to long for that. But this upcoming fight has to be epic.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Seabas989

I think Mayweather wins especially of it's by decision.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Catalli  Moderator

@got_a_light said:

I see Mayweather winning by decision. I really hope this fight is all over the newspapers & on internet news sites, as that would be a lot of fun to read about in the paper & see clips of on Youtube. In the WSJ newspaper, they'd feature it not in 'Business & Tech' but in the Sports section. This is sort of like a new-age Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman!

I don't think the world cares enough about this fight for that to be true, even if it is the biggest fight since the rumble in the jungle.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

There is a Fight Night thread in OT if you wanna join.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Seabas989

@Seabas989 said:

I think Mayweather wins especially of it's by decision.

Yup I was right.

Mayweather knows how to play the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#13 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@Seabas989: He knows how to play the game but my god he is boring to watch. I wouldn't mind so much if he wasn't so repulsive and arrogant with it.

I mean all that build up just to watch him hiding against the ropes for most of it.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@Dannystaples14 said:

@Seabas989: He knows how to play the game but my god he is boring to watch. I wouldn't mind so much if he wasn't so repulsive and arrogant with it.

I mean all that build up just to watch him hiding against the ropes for most of it.

We didnt watch the same fight then, Manny got dominated in every aspect of the fight, so much so that Manny was subjected to only throwing one punch combos near the end of the fight. It was a walk over, Manny got thumped. Also he can be as arrogant as he wants, he can back it all up, he has been proving that again and again and again.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@sailor232:

Yep youre right, hes got the job done and hes the best at what he does. But its the most boring piece of crap ive ever seen and i cant beleive i fell for the hype and spent $60 on watching this idiot run around the ring and dodging an actual fight

Id rather watch the best accountant in the world do a tax return.

Im never buying another boxing ppv unless its heavyweight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d

@sailor232: He proved he has a good defence. But as a showman he f*cking sucks.

Not to mention in points Mayweather wasn't actually that far ahead. There were about ten points in it overall and the only reason for that was because he was more consistent.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Dannystaples14 said:

@sailor232: He proved he has a good defence. But as a showman he f*cking sucks.

Not to mention in points Mayweather wasn't actually that far ahead. There were about ten points in it overall and the only reason for that was because he was more consistent.

He was miles ahead in terms of points.

118- 110 116-112, 116-112

That means one judge only had Manny winning 2 of a possible 12 rounds.

Other judges only has Manny winnning 4 of a possible 12 rounds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-58270bc086e0d

@thehig1: He can win every round if he wants, he is an arrogant douchebag who was booed in his home town and country because of how much of a **** he is.

He can go his entire career without a loss, he is and always will be nothing but a loser. His only purpose is his bank account.

I mean he compared himself to Ali. Who compares themselves to the greatest boxers of all time? Let alone makes the comparison themselves unless they are a massive narcissist?

No one is good enough to have his level of arrogance. If at the end of his career he is so good people actually agree that he is in fact one of the greatest boxers of all time then that is awesome but by making that comparison for himself he has basically settled his own fate.

He will be one of the greatest boxers ever but everyone will still hate him for the arrogant scumbag he is. More so if those woman beating comments are true.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thehig1

@Dannystaples14 said:

@thehig1: He can win every round if he wants, he is an arrogant douchebag who was booed in his home town and country because of how much of a **** he is.

He can go his entire career without a loss, he is and always will be nothing but a loser. His only purpose is his bank account.

I mean he compared himself to Ali. Who compares themselves to the greatest boxers of all time? Let alone makes the comparison themselves unless they are a massive narcissist?

No one is good enough to have his level of arrogance. If at the end of his career he is so good people actually agree that he is in fact one of the greatest boxers of all time then that is awesome but by making that comparison for himself he has basically settled his own fate.

He will be one of the greatest boxers ever but everyone will still hate him for the arrogant scumbag he is. More so if those woman beating comments are true.

I was only referring to your comment saying Mayweather wasn't that far ahead, when in fact he was very far ahead. As I was only debating that point alone is personality is completely irrelevant.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Catalli  Moderator

@mdk12345 said:

The truth is PacMan won the fight but you have to win by a lot to get the title from the champ. PacMan might have been less accurate but that's because all Mayweather did was throw his gloves up and run. And he threw in a few weak sucker punches here and there.

Pacquio would have kicked his ass if their were more rounds. He was the aggressor. Mayweather didn't do nuthin just like Pacquio said. He just ran away like a girl the whole fight and was scared.

Pacquio was the true winner but they just couldn't give it to him.

Mayweather landed more punches. The only way Pacquiao could've won with Mayweather landing more punches is if he had KO'd or TKO'd Mayweather.

I get it, people don't like the way Mayweather fights, and would much rather a brutal toe to toe fight between the two, but the truth of the matter is that his fighting style is amazingly smart, and he punches the right punches to win on points. He won.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thehig1

@mdk12345 said:

The truth is PacMan won the fight but you have to win by a lot to get the title from the champ. PacMan might have been less accurate but that's because all Mayweather did was throw his gloves up and run. And he threw in a few weak sucker punches here and there.

Pacquio would have kicked his ass if their were more rounds. He was the aggressor. Mayweather didn't do nuthin just like Pacquio said. He just ran away like a girl the whole fight and was scared.

I take it you don't watch boxing, you should no how the score system works its a sport, not a street fight.

Mayweather won convincingly.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@thehig1 said:
@mdk12345 said:

I take it you don't watch boxing, you should no how the score system works its a sport, not a street fight.

Mayweather won convincingly.

Watch the fight away from a crowd of people that hate on Mayweather and boo any chance they can get, re-watch the fight in your own home, where you can hear everything the commentators say (who know more about boxing than any of us), Mayweather dominated the fight so much that he was able to show-boat in the later rounds, this fight was a total cake walk for Mayweather, Manny got his ass handed to him and all he can do is make excuses that the world eats up.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

The fight was so disappointing. Manny looked like crap and Mayweather pressed on the brakes once he knew he was up a couple of rounds.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thehig1
@mdk12345 said:
@ianhh6 said:
@mdk12345 said:

Mayweather landed more punches. The only way Pacquiao could've won with Mayweather landing more punches is if he had KO'd or TKO'd Mayweather.

I get it, people don't like the way Mayweather fights, and would much rather a brutal toe to toe fight between the two, but the truth of the matter is that his fighting style is amazingly smart, and he punches the right punches to win on points. He won.

He did and he didn't. He may have landed more punches ''technically'' but the quality of punches weren't there. He was just jabbing him while playing defense and running away. Pacquiao kicked his butt with the punches he threw and hurt him. All Mayweather could do was either hug, or run. He got kiss ass kicked and ran away.

not really, Pacquio spent most the night punching mid air or hitting mayweathers forearms.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mdk12345 said:

I haven't followed boxing for quite some time but this is true. The only time a strategy like Mayweathers can be argued as a win by decision is in defending a title. And even in this case it was Mayweather that came out and said he wanted to fight Pacquio.

From my perspective Mayweather didn't make enough of an offensive effort to warrant a victory. Pacquio looked more bored and frustrated than tired, and during the corner talks it sounded as though Mayweathers side thought they were actually losing the fight--not to mention Mayweather looking more exhausted.

The decision should have been a draw................the amount of money on the fight likely didn't allow for this.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

I'm not sure why people are expecting Mayweather to jump in the ring and start acting like a bull in a bullfighting arena. He wants to be the bullfighter and punch the right punches, which is exactly what he does. I'm sorry Mayweather's face didn't end up all bloody like most of us hoped, but he still boxed better, which is why he landed more punches. He didn't make an offensive effort because his style is defensive, that doesn't mean he didn't land the punches. He's smart. Let's face it. Even Pacquiao's speed couldn't beat his defense.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

I'm not sure why people are expecting Mayweather to jump in the ring and start acting like a bull in a bullfighting arena. He wants to be the bullfighter and punch the right punches, which is exactly what he does. I'm sorry Mayweather's face didn't end up all bloody like most of us hoped, but he still boxed better, which is why he landed more punches. He didn't make an offensive effort because his style is defensive, that doesn't mean he didn't land the punches. He's smart. Let's face it. Even Pacquiao's speed couldn't beat his defense.

I believe it is the stature of the fight and the way in which it was initiated. Mayweather challenged Pacquiao. To do so and then play for a decision? If Mayweather was not the title holder he would not have won that fight.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator

@Heirren said:
@ianhh6 said:

I believe it is the stature of the fight and the way in which it was initiated. Mayweather challenged Pacquiao. To do so and then play for a decision? If Mayweather was not the title holder he would not have won that fight.

And what obligation does Mayweather have to finish the fight with a KO? He plays to his strengths like any sane person would. His style is his strength. If Mayweather were not the title holder he very probably would've won anyways, because he landed way more punches, even if Pacquiao had two or three shots which seemed pretty big.

jamzmaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jamzmaxwell
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

that match was a fix