Fight night round 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

I think ea has done an ok job as far as gameplay in this game. Im a huge fight fan so im proud to say the gameplay looks like it might be a fans dream, however, i think some of the styles are off. For instance Joe Fraizer he looks like a boxer rather then a suggler. When Joe was in his prime he bopped a lil in his stance but his arms was tight to his face ready to block and to explode on any fool who was dumb enough to keep their hands down. Idk a lot has been said on this game on its site, i jus can't wait until the demo comes out so we can truely see whats up.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its a good revolutionary step with in fighting, getting rid of parry's, block meter, reach, power in individual hands not just for both,....hopefully these amazing gameplay tweeks will finally give it a AAA.

but i'm still not happy with a couple of things.

• roster isn't as good as i want it. solid, but a lot of the boxers that are either legends/up and commers are not there...i have 2 many 2 name but a couple would be joe louis, willie pep, carmen basillio, aaron pryor, alexis arguello (though i know he sued ea for the k.o. kings appearance) bernard hopkins, larry holmes, flash elorde, jack johnson, henry armstrong, floyd mayweather...the list can go on and on
  • i'm not 2 impressed with the character models. love the physics, but they look like midgets, and the facial models look less detailed than fn3 imo
  • i hate generic styles. ali's punches look weird still....the straight looks 2 loopy and the jab doesn't look as pretty with ali....i want their punching styles copied to a tee....

picking it up on day one....really excited, but i'm always the constant critic so yea....i'm hoping for more improvements...

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
2 things on this FN4 game. EA got cheap with the lineup of Boxers and leaves out way to many 'Classic' boxers(that would have cost EA more $$$ to get licensed) that we'd love to have in the game... and instead adds a ton of no names/no talents they probably got basically for free that a boxing fan gamer could care less about. They better have really made the 'Career' mode 50X better than FN3. The other thing i read that has me nervous is there will only be ONE control scheme for FN4 and it's going to be all on the Left and Right analog sticks. No alternate control scheme options from what I read. After playing FN3 and trying the R stick punching I changed to the face button punching setup. The R stick controls for punching in FN3 were just to unresponsive and not real feeling. I thing face button on the controller feel the most natural for punching controls. Hopefully the R stick controls have been improved on big time. Otherwise it could kill FN4.
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

2 things on this FN4 game. EA got cheap with the lineup of Boxers and leaves out way to many 'Classic' boxers(that would have cost EA more $$$ to get licensed) that we'd love to have in the game... and instead adds a ton of no names/no talents they probably got basically for free that a boxing fan gamer could care less about. They better have really made the 'Career' mode 50X better than FN3. The other thing i read that has me nervous is there will only be ONE control scheme for FN4 and it's going to be all on the Left and Right analog sticks. No alternate control scheme options from what I read. After playing FN3 and trying the R stick punching I changed to the face button punching setup. The R stick controls for punching in FN3 were just to unresponsive and not real feeling. I thing face button on the controller feel the most natural for punching controls. Hopefully the R stick controls have been improved on big time. Otherwise it could kill FN4.ohjtbehaaave
You didn't like the analog punching? Really? I thought that was one of the most responsive and intuitive fighting systems ever. After one play I loved it and I thought that it was perfect for a boxing game. I thought that it made FNR3, so I don't see it "killing" FNR4.

But so far I like what I have seen. Sure the roster can be improved upon, but I thought I heard / read somewhere that the CAB is much better this time around and you can make more than one boxer per profile. If so, then I'm not to worried about the roster. I'll just make them and give them the proper nickname or one that is close to what they were.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]2 things on this FN4 game. EA got cheap with the lineup of Boxers and leaves out way to many 'Classic' boxers(that would have cost EA more $$$ to get licensed) that we'd love to have in the game... and instead adds a ton of no names/no talents they probably got basically for free that a boxing fan gamer could care less about. They better have really made the 'Career' mode 50X better than FN3. The other thing i read that has me nervous is there will only be ONE control scheme for FN4 and it's going to be all on the Left and Right analog sticks. No alternate control scheme options from what I read. After playing FN3 and trying the R stick punching I changed to the face button punching setup. The R stick controls for punching in FN3 were just to unresponsive and not real feeling. I thing face button on the controller feel the most natural for punching controls. Hopefully the R stick controls have been improved on big time. Otherwise it could kill FN4.

I felt the same way about the R analog stick. I tried it, but I just couldn't hit as fast as I could by pushing the buttons. I hope they have different button layout as well. Also, the list of boxers is alright, not the best however and could use more like Joe Louis and Floyd Mayweather Jr. I liked a lot of what I saw though and it will be enough for me, for now at least. Definitely a release week pick-up.
The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]2 things on this FN4 game. EA got cheap with the lineup of Boxers and leaves out way to many 'Classic' boxers(that would have cost EA more $$$ to get licensed) that we'd love to have in the game... and instead adds a ton of no names/no talents they probably got basically for free that a boxing fan gamer could care less about. They better have really made the 'Career' mode 50X better than FN3. The other thing i read that has me nervous is there will only be ONE control scheme for FN4 and it's going to be all on the Left and Right analog sticks. No alternate control scheme options from what I read. After playing FN3 and trying the R stick punching I changed to the face button punching setup. The R stick controls for punching in FN3 were just to unresponsive and not real feeling. I thing face button on the controller feel the most natural for punching controls. Hopefully the R stick controls have been improved on big time. Otherwise it could kill FN4.Ghost_702
I felt the same way about the R analog stick. I tried it, but I just couldn't hit as fast as I could by pushing the buttons. I hope they have different button layout as well. Also, the list of boxers is alright, not the best however and could use more like Joe Louis and Floyd Mayweather Jr. I liked a lot of what I saw though and it will be enough for me, for now at least. Definitely a release week pick-up.

can't blame ea too much, boxer have to "lend" themselves to ea to be placed in the game. without there consent, there isn't much ea can do unless they want to be sued. Flyod May. is a greedy punk who probably wanted 5 mill for his likeness in the game. Everyone esle is probably hard to find, or unnegiotable also. Maybe in due time DLC can give us the boxer we want, im personally rooting for Bernard Hopkins to make the roster.

darkscorpion08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkscorpion08
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

its a good revolutionary step with in fighting, getting rid of parry's, block meter, reach, power in individual hands not just for both,....hopefully these amazing gameplay tweeks will finally give it a AAA.

but i'm still not happy with a couple of things.

• roster isn't as good as i want it. solid, but a lot of the boxers that are either legends/up and commers are not there...i have 2 many 2 name but a couple would be joe louis, willie pep, carmen basillio, aaron pryor, alexis arguello (though i know he sued ea for the k.o. kings appearance) bernard hopkins, larry holmes, flash elorde, jack johnson, henry armstrong, floyd mayweather...the list can go on and on
  • i'm not 2 impressed with the character models. love the physics, but they look like midgets, and the facial models look less detailed than fn3 imo
  • i hate generic styles. ali's punches look weird still....the straight looks 2 loopy and the jab doesn't look as pretty with ali....i want their punching styles copied to a tee....

picking it up on day one....really excited, but i'm always the constant critic so yea....i'm hoping for more improvements...

jsmoke03

agree, the need to have more playable boxers

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

all games got its flaws...but im still getting the game though...gameplay looks to good not to get

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ohjtbehaaave
No doubt I'm getting this game day 1. And I think it will no doubt be better than FN3 in every way. My point on the punching was the R Stick punching just sort of interrupts a good flurry or nice combo's your connecting with by forcing you to do some long lame 'curl the R stick back and bring it forward' input nonsense where most of the time the punch is never even thrown. It just hampered the game imo. My idea of a good boxing game is mapping out the buttons to the controllers face buttons where the left side is your left hand and your Right side button throw the right hands. So it's more like.... 'Bip bip bip(with the Left) and BOOM (with the right). Or bobbing and weaving ... dodge a punch and Counter with a nice Upper Cut punch in the blink of an eye.... not in the blink of some screwy R stick motion that takes to long to pull off. Boxing should be lightning fast... with very responsive controls. Bottom line is the R stick controls are not responsive imo.... and the better and more fun control option is mapping the punches to the face buttons on the controller. Now with all that said.... I did see previews of the game with FN4 Devs stating the controls are totally revamped and MUCH better than the FN3 analog controls. So hopefully they ironed things out and the new R stick controls take the game up a notch like they did with NHL08/09.
MasterNinja49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MasterNinja49
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

Looking at the gameplay videos is enough for me to buy on the first week of release. Roster could have been better but knowing EA they will hold boxers to release for DLC to cash in some more.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ohjtbehaaave

Looking at the gameplay videos is enough for me to buy on the first week of release. Roster could have been better but knowing EA they will hold boxers to release for DLC to cash in some more.

MasterNinja49

I think your probably onto something there. There's no doubt EA always plans out a way to milk gamers and fill the Cash Cow anyway possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I think it's incredible. The level of detail int he demo alone is astounding.
freesh7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freesh7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
still not realistic enough for me. never should there be a boxer who can punch 200 punches in 3:00 while taking punches (wear and tear). flash knockouts are not realistic either