Eli Manning is the Best Quarterback in the NFL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

halo1399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 halo1399
Member since 2003 • 617 Posts

And it really isn't even close, no quarterback in the NFL has the ability to consistently bring back a team in the 4th quarter like Eli can. He works with guys like Ramses Barden and Martellus Bennett and turns them into phenominal WR/TEs, there is no doubt that if NYG finds its way back in the playoffs Eli will certainly get a 3rd ring.

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
This is the Texan's year to win it all and the Falcons would knock the Giants out of the playoffs.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50633 Posts

No. Looking forward to seeing him get spanked this weekend.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

No. Just no. He's a very good QB, but if you just take a quick look at the last few years, he isn't even close to the top in QB Rating. And if you go by Super Bowls and making nobodies into sombodies, you put Tom Brady at the top. So although he's good, he's not the best QB in the NFL.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Barden and Bennett? Yeah? Really? You couldn't name Nicks or Cruz? Oh poor Eli.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

The best quarterbacks don't suck so much through the first 3 quarters, and don't have to do so much in the 4th.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

And it really isn't even close, no quarterback in the NFL has the ability to consistently bring back a team in the 4th quarter like Eli can. He works with guys like Ramses Barden and Martellus Bennett and turns them into phenominal WR/TEs, there is no doubt that if NYG finds its way back in the playoffs Eli will certainly get a 3rd ring.

halo1399

Very well said....

NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NightStalkerBX
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

tumblr_maonmxONjR1qgd0ejo1_500.png

This sums it up pretty well. More often than not he and the offense seem clueless until the 4th quarter. If you said he was the best 4th Quarter QB in the NFL you could definitely make a case for it. Best overall QB though? I still say no.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Nah.. Discount Double Check, The Mole, Uggz are all better.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Eh, no.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#12 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts
He'll get more TDs compared to the last 2 teams that faced the 49ers. Also, the 49ers want revenge so they'll slow him down.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
He'll get more TDs compared to the last 2 teams that faced the 49ers. Also, the 49ers want revenge so they'll slow him down.GameboyTroy
Very insightful
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have done all that also. Eli just happens to be more clutch than big bro. That said I'd still take my chances with the two more consistent q s. Plus I think Rodgers and Brees are better also.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Eli is probably the 5th best QB in the league. He always has a couple Redskin games in him though.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

He's very good, not the best though. I'd give that title to someone like Brady/Rodgers.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

The best quarterbacks don't suck so much through the first 3 quarters, and don't have to do so much in the 4th.

Oleg_Huzwog
um Tim Tebow isnt one of the best quarterbacks now? you must be ignoring his CLUTCH efficiency.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.monkeytoes61
He's been rolling since the Seattle Screwjob. The only reason we lost to the Colts is because our defense sucks.
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I think Eli is definitely an elite QB in the NFL no doubt. But the crown goes to Aaron Rodgers. The guy can make any throw, throw on the run, powerful arm, and he's mobile. Rodgers is the complete package athletic wise if you ask me for a QB.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.The-Apostle
He's been rolling since the Seattle Screwjob. The only reason we lost to the Colts is because our defense sucks.

Dude, get over it. Yeah, it was a bad call. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. It was one regular season game, stop being so bitter.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.monkeytoes61

Dude, get over it. Yeah, it was a bad call. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. It was one regular season game, stop being so bitter.

All I was saying was that Rodgers has been back to true form since that game. There's no denying he sucked in that one. And the two weeks before that.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.monkeytoes61

He learned it from you brah. He figures Week 3 games were as big as the SB.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp

. The guy can make any throw,

mjf249

I almost feel like that should stop being a bullet point for elite quarterbacks these days. Since you cant be elite without being able to hit every throw. At this point it should be an expectation.

I mean at this point out of the active SB winning QB's all of them can hit any throw, except maybe Peyton because his arm strength is some what inconsistent now

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp

. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. monkeytoes61
STFU

There is a difference between a bad call, and a screw job. That's a screw job.

Besides it's not like he was b1tching, as much as he said post screw job(because that's what that sh1t is, and saying otherwise is some grade A spin) Aaron Rodgers has been on fire. Which he has been.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. jg4xchamp

STFU

Besides it's not like he was b1tching, as much as he said post screw job(because that's what that sh1t is, and saying otherwise is some grade A spin) Aaron Rodgers has been on fire. Which he has been.

Pretty much... I'm done *****ing about it. All I was saying was that he's been of fire ever since. :D
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. jg4xchamp

STFU

maybe he wasn't bltching. but you sure are. :lol:
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. This isnt even debatable.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. This isnt even debatable.

Fizzman

It's debatable. However I would not tell you that you are wrong. Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees all have cases imo.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Rodgers is seriously the only one better, imo.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bobcheeseball
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Manning is good, certainly elite. But the best in the league? No. Rodgers is having an uncharacteristic start, but he is still the league's best.The-Apostle
The only reason we lost to the Colts is because our defense sucks.

Uh no. Rodgers is no doubt the best QB in the league but don't act like he didn't get outplayed by Luck. He wasn't all too hot against a weak Indianapolis defense.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

As i recall Micheal Vick beat him therefore Micheal Vick is the Best Quarterback in the NFL. He has had a rough start but it's not like Eli hasn't.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. jeffster85

STFU

I'm not a packers fan, but lets not pretend that was anything other than a screw job. I mean get real. Mentally Challenged people would have known that was a pick.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monkeytoes61

STFU

Yeah, it was a bad call, and we didn't deserve the win. But to act like nothing before that one play mattered is ridiculous.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] STFU

Besides it's not like he was b1tching, as much as he said post screw job(because that's what that sh1t is, and saying otherwise is some grade A spin) Aaron Rodgers has been on fire. Which he has been. jg4xchamp

I'm not a packers fan, but lets not pretend that was anything other than a screw job. I mean get real. Mentally Challenged people would have known that was a pick.

bad calls happen all the time. don't act like they don't. yes, even the real refs. the replacement refs weren't as bad as everyone made them out to be. people just acted that way because they knew they weren't the best.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Rodgers is seriously the only one better, imo.-Halftime-
srs?
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Rodgers is seriously the only one better, imo.Silverbond
srs?

Yeah. Brady puts up those numbers with a gimmick offense against terrible competition in his division. You could make a case for Brees but I like Manning better even if they both can be interception prone. Plus, he's definitely the QB you want in the playoffs or Super Bowl.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]. But the bad calls went both ways in that game. monkeytoes61

STFU

Yeah, it was a bad call, and we didn't deserve the win. But to act like nothing before that one play mattered is ridiculous.

In that game it didn't. Because what makes that one even worse, is he had a chance to fix it.

You don't get a chance to fix the bad pass interference call. But you have to review touchdowns/turnovers, and he reviewed, and somehow still believed in the wrong call. Plain and simple that call decided the winner, it was the most important part of the game. Justifying that sh1t call with "well there other bad calls" just doesn't work here when that call itself decided who won the game. On top of that, the call was wrong twice.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

bad calls happen all the time. don't act like they don't. yes, even the real refs. the replacement refs weren't as bad as everyone made them out to be. people just acted that way because they knew they weren't the best.jeffster85
I'm not denying bad calls are made, and I'm not saying the actual refs are amazing.

I'm saying that call decided the fate of that game, the ref had 2 chances to get the call right(where as a bad PI call you can't get a chance to fix), and somehow he completely boneheaded it. If it was some close call, with bad angles. Whole different scenario, but there are so many angles that out right show it was an interception.

I personally don't care about the replacement refs vs reg refs(there are pros and cons on both sides), but get real that was a screw job.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bobcheeseball

[QUOTE="Silverbond"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Rodgers is seriously the only one better, imo.-Halftime-
srs?

Yeah. Brady puts up those numbers with a gimmick offense against terrible competition in his division. You could make a case for Brees but I like Manning better even if they both can be interception prone. Plus, he's definitely the QB you want in the playoffs or Super Bowl.

Eh I like Eli and I know how much Brady has handed to him, but Im still not gonna go as far as to say Eli>Brady. I'd take Brees and Peyton over Eli also. If Eli played every quarter like it was the 4th on the other hand...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

gimmick offense -Halftime-
WHAT?