Early Stanley Cup predictions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pookie2232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pookie2232
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts

My dream final for the Stanley Cup would be Montreal Canadiens vs Calgary Flames,but of course I would be just dreaming[this year anyway].I am going to say the final two is gonna be Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins.The Red Wings in six games.Although San Jose has got to be a team to watch out for.It probably going to be Sharks vs Red Wings in Western final.In the Eastern,Capitals vs Bruins.The team I would hope for to win the Cup is The Flames,witch got the Stanley Cup stolen from them back in 2004.Predictions anyone.Who disagrees with me.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I can't stand the Flames. I hope the Canucks go the distance, but that's just a fool's dream.

Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts
i think that the devils will make it to the cup finals for the east.....although I hope for the pens (not gonna happen this year I dont think) as for the west I hope any canadian team makes it....I would love to see the cup back in Canada, its been wayyyy too long maybe san jose will finally stop choking in the playoffs and win this year...maybe being the key word
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I admit I've been a casual hockey fan this year as opposed to other years but I still pick the winged wheelers. I also think they will switch between goalies a few times during the playoffs.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

i think that the devils will make it to the cup finals for the east.....although I hope for the pens (not gonna happen this year I dont think) as for the west I hope any canadian team makes it....I would love to see the cup back in Canada, its been wayyyy too long maybe san jose will finally stop choking in the playoffs and win this year...maybe being the key wordvolcomstoner180
The Pens are quickly coming back since they got the new Head Coach.

TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts

Yeah the Pens haven't got a hope in hell. MAF will never lead a team to a cup. Ever.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

If the Sharks can manage to get healthy and play like they did early in the year, then they have a shot. The road to the Stanley Cup goes through Detroit though, at least for teams in the Western Conference lol.

volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 volcomstoner180

Yeah the Pens haven't got a hope in hell. MAF will never lead a team to a cup. Ever.

TemplaerDude
what does MAF stand for? malkin and friends? whos ur team....i bet its the canadians and your just grumpy for obvious reasons
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]

volcomstoner180

what does MAF stand for? malkin and friends? whos ur team....i bet its the canadians and your just grumpy for obvious reasons

I'm guessing Marc-Andre Fleury.

volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 volcomstoner180
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="volcomstoner180"][QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]

I'm guessing Marc-Andre Fleury.

oh ya good call....im a idiot for not thinking about him...haha malkin and friends was pretty funny tho
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Right now I'm leaning towards a rematch of the 95 Cup Finals. Detroit and New Jersey. In the second half of the season, those have been the best two teams. I still don't trust San Jose to win a second round series. And I don't know if anyone else in the West can beat the Wings four times over aseven game span. New Jersey has Broduer playing out of his mind right now, and they're actually able to score. That is making them one scary team right now.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

I don't know but I have more faith in the Western Conference.

shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
I'm a longtime Sharks fan and I sincerely believe they have a chance. Not just saying that because I'm a fan though. We got some real talent here in SJ, underrated fanbase and all. But I agree with everyone else. If the Sharks want to get to the finals, they have to go through Detroit.
shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
I'm a longtime Sharks fan and I sincerely believe they have a chance. Not just saying that because I'm a fan though. We got some real talent here in SJ, underrated fanbase and all. But I agree with everyone else. If the Sharks want to get to the finals, they have to go through Detroit.shaddix55
To add to that, I'm going to say San Jose vs. New Jersey/Boston
WindedSailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 WindedSailor
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts

the canucks always disappoint me, but this year is the first year in a long time that they could really do some damage. they have 3 good forward lines, solid d, great goaltending, and they're big and tough. plus san jose (with bad playoff histories) and detroit (with possible goaltending issues) are far from sure bets. i'd love to see a vancouver-calgary series because it would be an entertaining 7 game war.

in the east, i don't know why but i really like philadelphia. they have such a great group of young forwards and have the experience of going to the eastern finals last year.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Aren't both of the Sedin twins becoming free agents in July? I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen this year. I still think things are too unpredictable. The Western Conference was so even at one point! But I'm hoping a southeast team wins this year. I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan for a long time. They moved into #5 in the Eastern Conference tonight.