Do you think top teams in the NFL will rest there players in Week 16 and 17?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stead21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stead21
Member since 2002 • 499 Posts
The Pats, Colts, etc. my fantasy championship goes all the way up to Week 17 and I have Randy, Wes Welker, and Watson. I'm just curious.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
There is no WAY IN HELL the PATS are resting their players if they are going for the perfect regular season. Guaranteed. Bellicheck and esp. the players would want to be in that historic game. Now if it's a blow out and the PATS are up on the Giants, I would think the starters would start sitting down, unlike previous blowouts. The Colts are a different story since the are already locked in and the last game is meaningless. You may see a 1st half start by the starters and that's it.
The Pats, Colts, etc. my fantasy championship goes all the way up to Week 17 and I have Randy, Wes Welker, and Watson. I'm just curious.stead21
stead21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stead21
Member since 2002 • 499 Posts

There is no WAY IN HELL the PATS are resting their players if they are going for the perfect regular season. Guaranteed. Bellicheck and esp. the players would want to be in that historic game. Now if it's a blow out and the PATS are up on the Giants, I would think the starters would start sitting down, unlike previous blowouts. The Colts are a different story since the are already locked in and the last game is meaningless. You may see a 1st half start by the starters and that's it.[QUOTE="stead21"]The Pats, Colts, etc. my fantasy championship goes all the way up to Week 17 and I have Randy, Wes Welker, and Watson. I'm just curious.feryl06

Good Point,

But if you remember when the Colts rested there guys in 2004-2005 season when they started out 12-0, they lost in the Playoffs to the Steelers. I think nobody should rest there starters because it takes the chemistry down, and when you worry about that crap, that's when people start getting injured. Now if they are blowing out there opponents by 35 in the second quarter, then you can rest, but all starters need to start, hands down, no matter what the record is.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#5 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
To a certain point, basically to keep their players sharp. But no way should be in there in the 4th quarter.
cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
No, the Colts and Dungy have said they were happy to win but not happy with their performance. Their going to be playing their staters the last two games "as a springboard into the playoffs".
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Lol I can gurantee you the Colts will rest their starters. That's what they've always done. This year they've been doing it with Harrison for like 6 weeks now. The Colts will rest their starters, I can promise you that. Patriots I don't know.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Bellichick won't rest everyone. We have a Bi-Week sso thats 2 weeks before the next game after the giants. You will see everyone playing untill the game is in the 3rd atleast and locked down.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
The Pack aren't going to rest, they are in a race for homefield throughout the playoffs. They have a bye week anyhow in the playoffs to rest.
antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts

Patriots won't rest them. If they were 13-1 then I would understand to be conservant, but they are going for it all this year.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
The Pats will rest a few unimportant players but probably not Moss or Brady.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

Patriots won't rest them. If they were 13-1 then I would understand to be conservant, but they are going for it all this year.

antonius05

Indeed they are. Expect the starters to be playing Week 17 against New York.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Satrters don't like to sit anyways. Athletes like consistancy int heir game time. If you rest them to much they lose their flow and it can end badly.

I say start them all for the first 3 1/4's untill the game is locked down and brady had gotten his quota for the day of td's.