Dice K struggles in third spring training start....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts

D-mat pitched four innnings giving up six hits, four runs(three earned) overall. He started off well as he retired Brian Roberts on a fly out and then struck out consecutive batters to end the first. But in the third Jon knott belted an opposite field solo shot and then in the fourth Jason DuBois drove a two run shot out left-center.

It was obvious what hurt daisuke in this game and that was his unusual lack of control. He left a fastball up and out over the plate on the first homer and then left another fastball right down the middle on the second homer, his velocity was 90-91 and thats not going to fool anyone if its out over the plate.

I don't think this game should be an example of how he will fare in the majors but I'm sure he will pitch much better in his next start against the dodgers.

EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
hahaha I love it, that gyroball wont help you in the big leagues.
flyer4057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flyer4057
Member since 2004 • 1532 Posts
its just spring training
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
its just spring trainingflyer4057
It doesnt matter if its spring training its not like football or basketball. If you give up runs you give up runs. If Mariano Rivera gave up 10 runs(even he would be taken out if he gave up 2) it still means sumtins up no matter what game it is.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="flyer4057"]its just spring trainingXxMa5icarxX
It doesnt matter if its spring training its not like football or basketball. If you give up runs you give up runs. If Mariano Rivera gave up 10 runs(even he would be taken out if he gave up 2) it still means sumtins up no matter what game it is.

I completely buy that for veteran starters, but for someone who is pitching to players for the first time in his life and still getting acclamated to the united states i'm not weighing too much on this performance. He should be treated just like a rookie who is trying to get familiar with certain hitters tendencies.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
I don't think he is going to have a great season... he is going to be a decent pitcher but not great.. not now anyway
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
[QUOTE="XxMa5icarxX"][QUOTE="flyer4057"]its just spring trainingsixringz1

I completely buy that for veteran starters, but for someone who is pitching to players for the first time in his life and still getting acclamated to the united states i'm not weighing too much on this performance. He should be treated just like a rookie who is trying to get familiar with certain hitters tendencies.

Cant use that rookie excuse with someone like Dice K, Hedeki Matsui wasnt treated as a rookie when it came to the ROTY award something he should have easily won.