Couture v. Lesnar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

Who is watcing and who ya got.

It's always tempting to pick against the Natural when he's facing someone who is younger, Bigger, Faster, Stronger than he is. But this guy is a fighter and the champ for a reason. I'm sticking with him to walk out of the octagon victorious and this will probably be Lesnar's last fight in the UFC until he can prove he belongs in MMA elsewhere.

bytgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bytgames
Member since 2008 • 1030 Posts
i seriously couldnt care less
nowayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nowayguy
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts
When Lesnar delivers the F-5 and destroys the ring, we shall know.
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
When Lesnar delivers the F-5 and destroys the ring, we shall know.nowayguy

Still hung up on the WWE days, uh? ;-) . I´ll pick Lesnar on this one. Randy is great and i respect every inch of him, but somehow i think Lesnar is gonna come on top. Call it a hunch, i don´t know.

indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts

Brock Lesnar deaf. Randy Couture.

A lot of people see Randy as an old guy, which why they always get punched and knocked on their @$$ and his excellent wrestling skills allows him to take down and control all of his opponents. That being said, Brock Lesnar is also an excellent wrestler, and with his height it will be easier for him to out-wrestle Randy. and with Brock still early in his career, he's not gonna underestimate any opponent otherwise it will be career suicide. 

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Brock defeats Randy by UD. I believe this will be a war and even if Randy is getting his ass kicked he will not quit. This guy keeps on fighting. That being said, Randy is pretty much fighting a younger version of himself who is stronger, faster, and quicker than he is. Randy's only advantage is his dirty boxing which might become useful in the clinch. Other than that, Brock will most likely take Randy down and do what he did to Herring. Not that Randy will not fight back because he will. I just see Lesnar being to much for Randy. But this should be a good fight nonetheless, that goes to the judges.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
God i cant wait for this fight, it really could go either way. But im putting my money on Randy ;)
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Lenar wins hands down.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Technically Couture isn't the champ. The UFC needs to give it up with this interim crap. Yes he WAS the champ, but he walked away and didn't defend his title. The official UFC champ is Nogueira.

As much as I want Lesnar to win, his 2 fights in the UFC weren't against anyway who would take him to the limit and teach him things. Mirr had a surprise submission on him, and Herring is struggling. He's never faced a Couture caliber fighter before, and Randy just has too much experience to let lesnar throw him around. Couture's going to win this in round 1 it will be quick. And I don't like either of them so that's unbias.

I think the UFC is getting boring as hell though. They are scripting it so poorly, and the drama is a joke. It's getting very close to Pro Wrestling now. It peaked 2 years ago.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waynehead895

Technically Couture isn't the champ. The UFC needs to give it up with this interim crap. Yes he WAS the champ, but he walked away and didn't defend his title. The official UFC champ is Nogueira.

As much as I want Lesnar to win, his 2 fights in the UFC weren't against anyway who would take him to the limit and teach him things. Mirr had a surprise submission on him, and Herring is struggling. He's never faced a Couture caliber fighter before, and Randy just has too much experience to let lesnar throw him around. Couture's going to win this in round 1 it will be quick. And I don't like either of them so that's unbias.

I think the UFC is getting boring as hell though. They are scripting it so poorly, and the drama is a joke. It's getting very close to Pro Wrestling now. It peaked 2 years ago.

Mau-Justice
Yeah this Confuses me. So is it a 5 round bout or a 3 round bout. And I ask the same about the Nogueira Mir Fight next month. And I disagree with it being boring. Next Months card looks to be fantastic imo. Griffin/Evans, Noguueira/Mir and Axe Murderer/Rampage. I'm looking forward to that one more than this and the UF Season Finale combined.
nikehustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nikehustler
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

Mau-Justice

You are only comparing this to WWE because Brock Lesner is in the fight. How can you compare a sport to a male soap opera.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jfcundiff
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

waynehead895
Yeah this Confuses me. So is it a 5 round bout or a 3 round bout. And I ask the same about the Nogueira Mir Fight next month. And I disagree with it being boring. Next Months card looks to be fantastic imo. Griffin/Evans, Noguueira/Mir and Axe Murderer/Rampage. I'm looking forward to that one more than this and the UF Season Finale combined.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jfcundiff
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

waynehead895

Lesnar vs Couture, Griffin vs Evans, and Mir vs Nogueria will all be 5 rounds because they are title matches.
indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

waynehead895

those two matches are coming up? awesome!!! I see rampage getting back on track, and even though I like Evans, I don't see Griffin losing his title any time soon

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

nikehustler

You are only comparing this to WWE because Brock Lesner is in the fight. How can you compare a sport to a male soap opera.

No I compare it because of the drama, and them trying to setup storylines to their fights. I was saying this long before Lesnar went to the UFC, it has nothing to do with him.

And this will be the first card I'll be buying in over a year. I don't pay to watch a bunch of Ultimate Fighter rejects. They need to axe that show. Winning means nothing anyhow, they all make it to the UFC somehow anyway.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waynehead895
[QUOTE="waynehead895"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

indian_playa

those two matches are coming up? awesome!!! I see rampage getting back on track, and even though I like Evans, I don't see Griffin losing his title any time soon

In LH I can see Lyoto Machida beating him. I think if Machida gets passed T. Silva he gets a title shot. But if Anderson Silva wants to pursue the LH title I think he can get it. To be honest I think he should because that's where the most competition is and it will make for plenty of good fighters for him to face.
wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

I thought this was a "Couture v. Lesnar" thread? I guess we MMA fans are dying for places to talk! lol!

So like Dr. Dre said...'Back to the topic at hand'...

I had figured Lesner would win, even before I received some "insider info" which sealed my belief, won me $50, and which i will divuldge later.

I have alot respect for Couture and his ability but Lesner's a beast and is actually an accomplished wrestler and athlete. Lesner barely made weight and was prabably a lot heavier fight night so I believed Couture might have a chance to submit him early.

BUT...

Friday the night before the fight, a good friend of mine gets a call from his wife, who happened to be at a club in Vegas. She tells him of this guy who asks her and her friends to sit at his table, she says no and they proceed ot walk away. Another guy comes up and says, "How dare you say, 'No' to him! That's Randy Couture. He's fighting tomorrow!" She says, 'So.' and walks away. She does not watch MMA or anything like it.

Even if you're a well trained machine, at age 45, the body doesn't tend to recover from a night of partying to easily. Instantly I knew "Stamina" was going to be a problem. In the ground, if he was going to have to battle a beast 50 or more pounds heavier all night that would be too much. While standing, the hands would come down and leave an opening for a clean strike to get through. Once the call was made, it was off to "The Book"!