College Football Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
College Football Games or NCAA 08. I have a question, why doesnt 2K make college football games?
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts
Because EA has the exclusive rights to NCAA football.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

Because EA has the exclusive rights to NCAA football.Zero-Pirate
No they don't. There are no exclusive rights to college sports. The NCAA refuses to sell exclusive rights.

While we don't know the definitive answer, it's likely b/c there isn't as big a market as there is for NFL. It's all about money, and I guess the market just isn't big enough for 2 games.

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"]Because EA has the exclusive rights to NCAA football.murlow12

No they don't. There are no exclusive rights to college sports. The NCAA refuses to sell exclusive rights.

While we don't know the definitive answer, it's likely b/c there isn't as big a market as there is for NFL. It's all about money, and I guess the market just isn't big enough for 2 games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6121995.html

The Collegiate Licensing Company sold the exclusive rights for NCAA football to EA. That includes all things associated with the schools, teams, and stadiums.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"]Because EA has the exclusive rights to NCAA football.Zero-Pirate

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6121995.html

The Collegiate Licensing Company sold the exclusive rights for NCAA football to EA. That includes all things associated with the schools, teams, and stadiums.

Well there it is. I stand corrected.