Carmelo to Nets just about done

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSNLakers416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSNLakers416
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69257/20100924/source_melo_approves_trade_to_nets/

wow knicks get shafted again lol...

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
How did the Knicks get shafted when they had nothing to offer? Anyway, I would hold off till he is actually traded. The more teams there are involved in a trade, the more complex they are. The more complex a trade is, the more likely it is to fall apart because one team won't offer an additional player.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

If he agrees to sign an extension, then it's pretty much a done deal.

And how exactly did the Knicks get shafted? Reports came out earlier this week that said they weren't being agressive at all in the pursuit of Carmelo.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
I'm not too happy about this if it means NJ looses both Harris and Favors.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 No_Hablo_Ingles

If he agrees to sign an extension, then it's pretty much a done deal.SaintBlaze

I've seen some reports that the Nets want DJ whatever, which could be a deal breaker when there are so many moving parts.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I'm not too happy about this if it means NJ looses both Harris and Favors.NoobisMaxcimus

Melo will attract other talents to join the Nets. I just have hard time believing this is happening though.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

If he agrees to sign an extension, then it's pretty much a done deal.No_Hablo_Ingles

I've seen some reports that the Nets want DJ whatever, which could be a deal breaker when there are so many moving parts.

"The Nets want DJ Augustin as part of package, but two sources in process say it won't be a deal-breaker to keep them from getting 'Melo."

- From Yahoo Sports Adrian Wojnarowski's twitter.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the nets?why melo... why go from a good team to a bad one. well at least the scoring title will be secured. :roll:

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

the nets?why melo... why go from a good team to a bad one. well at least the scoring title will be secured. :roll:

KBFloYd
The Nets have a solid foundation with Brook Lopez and with a great coach in Avery Johnson and an owner who will do great things for the Nets in Mikail Prokhorov. I wouldn't be surprised if they have an Oklahoma City Thunder turnaround in a couple of years.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 No_Hablo_Ingles
I doubt Melo wants to go to NJ without Harris... kind of defeats the purpose of leaving the Nuggets.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
[QUOTE="flowersjf"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

The Nets have a solid foundation with Brook Lopez and with a great coach in Avery Johnson and an owner who will do great things for the Nets in Mikail Prokhorov. I wouldn't be surprised if they have an Oklahoma City Thunder turnaround in a couple of years.

Yeah, but in the mean time probably no playoffs for him. Scoring title sure, but not much more.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I doubt Melo wants to go to NJ without Harris... kind of defeats the purpose of leaving the Nuggets.No_Hablo_Ingles

Carmelo's wife wants to be a celebrity in a big city. New Jersey/New York would put them in the spotlight.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]I doubt Melo wants to go to NJ without Harris... kind of defeats the purpose of leaving the Nuggets.JML897

Carmelo's wife wants to be a celebrity in a big city. New Jersey/New York would put them in the spotlight.

Thats nice. However, it's hard to become a "celebrity in a big city" when you Husband's team is going on a 10 game losing streak. Melo should only sign an extension with a team that he see has a reasonable chance at winning a championship in the next 2-3 years.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

I doubt Melo wants to go to NJ without Harris... kind of defeats the purpose of leaving the Nuggets.No_Hablo_Ingles

For real at least in Denver he Had Chauncey Billups

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Harris is overrated. You bring Melo to the Nets with Brook Lopez a stud and Terrence Williams who was beastin' at the end of the year you got yourself a team that has a brighter future then the Nuggets had. No player has a bright future with the thuggets
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I would imagine the goal for the Nets in making the move is getting Chris Paul in 2 years if he's healthy heading into Brooklyn and a newarena.Melo , WorldWideWess , and the Russian Mafia will hatch the plan the day Melo signs.

• Chris Paul
  • X
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • x
  • Brook Lopez

Blueprint for greatness. 8)

In the meantime we can all enjoy watching Brook and T.Will grow as players , watch Morrow shoot the lights out , and watch the Little General explain what defense is to Melo. Should be good times.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SaintBlaze

I would imagine the goal for the Nets in making the move is getting Chris Paul in 2 years if he's healthy heading into Brooklyn and a newarena.Melo , WorldWideWess , and the Russian Mafia will hatch the plan the day Melo signs.

• Chris Paul
  • X
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • x
  • Brook Lopez

Blueprint for greatness. 8)

In the meantime we can all enjoy watching Brook and T.Will grow as players , watch Morrow shoot the lights out , and watch the Little General explain what defense is to Melo. Should be good times.

Nike_Air

And you're positive that you're not a Nets fan? :P

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 No_Hablo_Ingles
Nets fans are starting to become a bit delusional... the chances of getting CP3 there are slim to none.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 No_Hablo_Ingles
Harris is overrated. You bring Melo to the Nets with Brook Lopez a stud and Terrence Williams who was beastin' at the end of the year you got yourself a team that has a brighter future then the Nuggets had. No player has a bright future with the thuggetsandyboiii
Ty Lawson...
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Nets fans are starting to become a bit delusional... the chances of getting CP3 there are slim to none. No_Hablo_Ingles
What's going to get in the way to stop them? Loyalty and Trevor Ariza? Amare and the Mecca? Miami for the vet minimum? If WorldWideWess gets Melo to New Jersey , and he wants Paul inBrooklyn , it will be so.

Andthey will probably get him DISCOUNTED. HOLLAH! PURPLE DRANK!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.Master_Live
:lol: Good one.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.Master_Live

LOL

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

Nets fans are starting to become a bit delusional... the chances of getting CP3 there are slim to none. No_Hablo_Ingles

If the Nets somehow pull this off and get Carmello... they absolutely become the front runner for where CP3 wants to go. These guys are best friends for one and want to play together... and like already stated the Nets have a decent foundation of young talent that could blend around the 3 stars. Plus the whole going to Brooklyn, JayZ, new Russian owner and Avery Johnson will have players looking at the Nets in a whole new light. Like someone already said the Nets could be following in the footsteps of what the Thunder have done and go from bad to good in a very short span. The Nuggets seem to be a team in disarray with their management from what you read and will quickly go from a playoff caliber team to lottery caliber team. It's basically one of the main reasons Carmello doesn't want to extend his contract in Denver. He can see the problems on the horizon.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
LOL Joke of the century:D
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]Harris is overrated. You bring Melo to the Nets with Brook Lopez a stud and Terrence Williams who was beastin' at the end of the year you got yourself a team that has a brighter future then the Nuggets had. No player has a bright future with the thuggetsNo_Hablo_Ingles
Ty Lawson...

he's a backup guard at best. even if he does do well he's going nowhere with that Nuggets team
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]Harris is overrated. You bring Melo to the Nets with Brook Lopez a stud and Terrence Williams who was beastin' at the end of the year you got yourself a team that has a brighter future then the Nuggets had. No player has a bright future with the thuggetsandyboiii
Ty Lawson...

he's a backup guard at best. even if he does do well he's going nowhere with that Nuggets team

He certainly has a bright future. He will be a multiple All-Star, mark my words. He is an excellent ball handler, his defense is improving, and Billups is an excellent mentor for such a young Point Guard.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Nets fans are starting to become a bit delusional... the chances of getting CP3 there are slim to none. Nike_Air

What's going to get in the way to stop them? Loyalty and Trevor Ariza? Amare and the Mecca? Miami for the vet minimum? If WorldWideWess gets Melo to New Jersey , and he wants Paul inBrooklyn , it will be so.

Andthey will probably get him DISCOUNTED. HOLLAH! PURPLE DRANK!

The fact that no one of that caliber would go to the Nets when all they have is Melo and Brook. What is far more likely is that he sees his option, this is assuming he becomes a free agent, and decides to go to the Magics. They are actually established. They have a better overall team, and a MUCH better center.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 andyboiii

He certainly has a bright future. He will be a multiple All-Star, mark my words. He is an excellent ball handler, his defense is improving, and Billups is an excellent mentor for such a young Point Guard.No_Hablo_Ingles

I don't see him becoming a multiple all star. He's quick, has good handles but he's very indecisive with the ball, he's not a great passer and he's inconsistent. He'll be like Jordan Farmar and be a good role player

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]He certainly has a bright future. He will be a multiple All-Star, mark my words. He is an excellent ball handler, his defense is improving, and Billups is an excellent mentor for such a young Point Guard.andyboiii

I don't see him becoming a multiple all star. He's quick, has good handles but he's very indecisive with the ball, he's not a great passer and he's inconsistent. He'll be like Jordan Farmar and be a good role player

Indecisiveness and passing ability comes with time. Look no further then Rondo for proof that with experience comes leadership and consistency.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

:shock: .....:lol:

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.Bobbles
:lol: Good one.

Agreed. :lol:

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.fudger2

More like joke of our generation
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="fudger2"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]Amare is better than Duncan in his prime, don't know how he could pass on that.flowersjf

Just to clarify...he was joking, right? :?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Master_Live

[QUOTE="flowersjf"][QUOTE="fudger2"] LOL Joke of the century:DJML897

I sure hope so. Of course!
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="flowersjf"] More like joke of our generationMaster_Live

Damage control....
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="JML897"]

Bobbles

Damage control....

Oh boy.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
The power of the West has really shifted.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Master_Live
The power of the West has really shifted.Jagged3dge
Ummmmm, know it is MORE Laker-centric?
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if this deal is going to fall apart. It seems the Nuggets are using this proposed deal to try and see what better offers they can field from teams like the Bulls and Clippers.... and the other teams already involved like the Nets, Jazz and Bobcats are losing patience and might just bail on it.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintBlaze

I'm starting to wonder if this deal is going to fall apart. It seems the Nuggets are using this proposed deal to try and see what better offers they can field from teams like the Bulls and Clippers.... and the other teams already involved like the Nets, Jazz and Bobcats are losing patience and might just bail on it.ohjtbehaaave

They already know what they can get from the Bulls though, which is everything but Rose & Noah. I don't see the Clippers as an option, because I really don't see Denver trading their franchise player within their own conference.