Boxing: Klitschko vs Haye

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Should I even waste my time? I used to be a fan of heavyweight boxing but the last few years have been pretty pathetic imo. I've pretty much lost all interest. I've heard of the Klitschko brothers, of course, and believe there is some talent there (I guess) or lack of competition, but they just don't peak my interest. I have no idea who Davied Haye is... (or just don't remember).

What happened to the Heavyweight class and the Great American heavyweight boxers/personalities? Anybody on the horizion or is it just a dead sport or division? Any die hard fans who have interest in this fight?

(MMA, UFC are a lil to violent for me)

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

Klitschkos are beasty, very underrated. If you don't no who haye is you're no boxing fan. Haye is a great heavyweight personality. If he was American he would be all over ESPN.

Just one example of how funny this dude is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnOANul82Tw

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mont13

Klitschkos are beasty, very underrated. If you don't no who haye is you're no boxing fan. Haye is a great heavyweight personality. If he was American he would be all over ESPN.

Just one example of how funny this dude is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnOANul82Tw

i5750at4Ghz

Yes, admittedly I'm much less of a fan of boxing than I have been in the past. Other than the Pacman/Mayweather tease all ll I hear about is old dudes (Holyfield....) trying to make comebacks and no-name, lesser talents..etc. The lack of quality boxers have pushed me away so I'm sure I've missed some potentially great boxer on the rise. Maybe Haye is one of them, but he's not covered much here so I don't know.

Looking at your video and others of him boxing on youtube he does look like the total package of skill and personality, and as you say, would get much more coverage here if he was American. I didn't even know he was an Englishman, but he looks like my type of boxer and I hope he does well. Don't know about any top competition he's faced though, so we'll see.

Thanks for the info, I do have some interest now in the fight.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Excited to see some hype around heavyweight boxing. Hoping Klitschko gets the KO.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

I have a lot of respect for the Klitschko brothers. They are great boxers, but I am hoping Haye can win by KO. As someone already said he has a great personality for a heavyweight and does a wonderful job of building/hyping his fights up. I hope he can live up to the talk in the ring. I think it will come down to whoever catches the other one first with a big shot because they both have questionable chins and lots of power.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
Im predicting full 12 rounds of close cautious fight
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

That was an absolute disgrace to boxing. Haye should be embarrased with himself. This guy was actually flopping in the ring like he was a soccer player.Trying to buy points from the ref. Absolute disgrace.

And now he's trying to make excuses that he had a broken toe and "that's why" he didn't perform well. Get the hell outta here. I hope i never see this guy again. I keep trying to get back into heavyweight boxing but it's stuff like this that continues to keep me away. I'll stick with my welterweights and middle weights

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mont13

That was an absolute disgrace to boxing. Haye should be embarrased with himself. This guy was actually flopping in the ring like he was a soccer player.Trying to buy points from the ref. Absolute disgrace.

And now he's trying to make excuses that he had a broken toe and "that's why" he didn't perform well. Get the hell outta here. I hope i never see this guy again. I keep trying to get back into heavyweight boxing but it's stuff like this that continues to keep me away. I'll stick with my welterweights and middle weights

sixringz1

Huh?! It's over?? Totally forgot about the time difference, I was waiting for late night to see what happened:lol: That bad huh? Well, I guess we can agree on this...I keep looking for a reason to get back into the heavyweight division too but there have been far too many disappointments in recent years.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

mont13

Huh?! It's over?? Totally forgot about the time difference, I was waiting for late night to see what happened:lol: That bad huh? Well, I guess we can agree on this...I keep looking for a reason to get back into the heavyweight division too but there have been far too many disappointments in recent years.

Yeah it came on at 5pm eastern and they are replaying at 10pm. Do yourself a favor and stay away from watching that fight. You'd be better off relacing all your shoes than wasting an hour of your life watching that fight. Downright embarrassing. The best part of the fight was the overly extended entrances of each fighters. I should have turned it off after that

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mont13

Maybe one of these dudes (especially #1) can renew my interest in the heavyweight division, but right now it sucks!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732026-the-top-10-heavyweight-prospects-in-the-world/page/11

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Haye should never show is face in the heavyweight division again. I have all the respect in the world for Wladimir Klitschko and his brother, both are great fighters. But Haye, what happened man! Before the fight he was calling Wladimir boring and he comes out in defense mode for 11 rounds, flopping on the ground trying to get points from the ref. Best moment in the fight was when the ref finally counting one of the falls as a knockdown. There's no one in the division right now that can take the belts from Wladimir. I also loved Wladimir's post match interview. He's like the evil guy that you love to root for: "I wished I could have knocked him out" "I was expecting more challenge in the ring". So awesome.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
The fight that everyone wants to see won't ever happen. Vitali vs Wladimir in a unification bout would be amazing, but they've promised to never fight each other.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
im glad I didnt buy the fight, haye cares more about looking good in the fight than winning the fight,
Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

I'm dissapointed that David Haye is a Englishmen after watching that crap they called a Boxing Match, I'm glad that Klitschko got the win and shut Haye up. David Haye should never show his face in Boxing ever again after that display and his poor excuse for losing "Oh I broke my toe" some fighters have broke there hands in the ring and still managed to win. Good to see that the Heavyweight Division now belongs to the Klitschko's and will do until they both decide to hang up the gloves.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
David Haye sucked.. and he wont admit it.
leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts
This is priceless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSATGFkMY1E
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

David Haye sucked.. and he wont admit it. CWEBB04z

:D

I agree with you. I don't like the attitude of Haye.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
was the worst fight ever, i love how Haye looked over at the ref after like every punch that was thrown ( what few they where anyway) as if " hey ref i hit him why isnt he going down?" or "hey ref hes hitting me, make him stop"
trabahobirada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trabahobirada
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Have to laugh at the hard asses on the page making fun of david haye having lost because of his toe, you know that thing that most people need to stand properly, most boxers use them to skip around thering and push off on to fuel their punches. Like to see you lot try and box somone like kitschko on a broken/painful toe . __________________________________