Another massive soccer riot *rolls eyes*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

video here

Honestly, it's rather pathetic. This is something that i think really hurts the image of soccer. It's amazing how idiots in stands will fight each other over a stupid game. RARELY is there any sort of fighting in the US in ANY sport. The Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers was the largest fight there had been in a LONG time. However, are there ever fights between Red Sox and Yankee fans? No. How about Celtic and Laker fans? No.

However, i often hear about scuffles breaking out in the UK or other Western European countries over a football match or in some Hispanic country. Soccer/Football, whatever you call it, the leagues need to be able to control their fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
And I thought Americans were the crazies.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Soccer fans are very devoted people. Riots are pretty stupid though, I can understand little scuffles, but when the entire stadium goes nuts it can get dangerous. Riots aren't unique to just soccer though.

Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts

Soccer fans are very devoted people. Riots are pretty stupid though, I can understand little scuffles, but when the entire stadium goes nuts it can get dangerous. Riots aren't unique to just soccer though.

UssjTrunks

Tell me about it. When Mexico was defeated by USA I ran outside with a gun......... Err, nothing.

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 QuattroRS6
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
It's great people post topics like this like its something thats exclusive to soccer. Watch the news after some college wins some championship or some prof sports team here. They get just as bad if not worse. Look back too at some of the worst ones in the US. Pretty rediculous no matter why or where it happens.
brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brujagio
Member since 2004 • 1372 Posts
Imagine how awesome it would be if they implemented a riot mode in a soccer game?
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Imagine how awesome it would be if they implemented a riot mode in a soccer game? brujagio

Haha, that would be great. :lol:

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

[QUOTE="brujagio"]Imagine how awesome it would be if they implemented a riot mode in a soccer game? UssjTrunks

Haha, that would be great. :lol:

Freakin awesome.

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

It's not really soccer itself as the country itself.

If it was football they were cheering on instead, it would have the same result.

yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
1 person died and 14 injuried over a Soccer call thats crazy they should make bars over the fans.
seriousley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 seriousley
Member since 2005 • 1093 Posts

a football game where fans come on the pitch? button mashing!!!!!

i've been abroad with england fans on away games and ill tell you that its scarier when you're side by side with these nutters.

but its just a sport that has been such a historical centerpiece that people think its like going to war. you have the flag, the emblems, the special colours as if its two tribes battling...theres a lot of psychology in football supporting

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

It's not really soccer itself as the country itself.

If it was football they were cheering on instead, it would have the same result.

HurricaneHugo

I have to agree especially since soccer is so HUGE and yet this doesn't happen too much. I mean, compared to how many soccer leagues and such that there are around the league, it's not that bad. Yes a riot is not a good thing no matter what but you do have to take into consideration that soccer is HUGE!!! I'm sure the same thing would happen if another sport were as big. They just need to take better precautions in more volital areas.

Ray2259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Ray2259
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

video here

Honestly, it's rather pathetic. This is something that i think really hurts the image of soccer. It's amazing how idiots in stands will fight each other over a stupid game. RARELY is there any sort of fighting in the US in ANY sport. The Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers was the largest fight there had been in a LONG time. However, are there ever fights between Red Sox and Yankee fans? No. How about Celtic and Laker fans? No.

However, i often hear about scuffles breaking out in the UK or other Western European countries over a football match or in some Hispanic country. Soccer/Football, whatever you call it, the leagues need to be able to control their fans.

helium_flash

of course you wont see this in U.S. sports..

then we'd have more problems to worry about on top a STERIODS..

but i'm sure.. u were going to even up the down sides by mentioning that werent you

*doubts* seeing as you aren't really that interested in the sport at all i'm trying to figure out how you can call the game stupid.. becuase like you said.. all you really watch is the WC

. I can only watch the World Cup, and that's mainly for the atmosphere (and EVERYONE watches the world cup!).helium_flash

MOST socccer games carry the very same atmosphere.. some more/better/worse (how ever you want to term it) than others.. its what leeds to things like this.. and yesit needs to be fixed..

but i'm sure those "idiots" in the stands have something to say about the MLB HR race... or Sockem Boppers in professional Hockey.. or even Floyd Landis.....

maybe we as Americans just lack even 50% of the passion they bring to a regular home game...

for someone who really can stand the sport so much u do a great job in posting its flaws....

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts

1 person died and 14 injuried over a Soccer call thats crazy they should make bars over the fans.yellbell

Nope, Hilsborough disaster.

Also whats the matter with riots, its all part of the fun.