yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#102 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@Chutebox: Yep. Jags website and Facebook have confirmed it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

**** sake, that's just terrible.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#104 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts
@yokofox33 said:

Its sad to hear about that. I know how it feels to have one of your players that your team drafted gets a bad injury.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GotFiveRings
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

I can't wait for the season to start. The Bills are going to be so awesome. The only weakness that they have is at QB on the 53 man roster. Their gm is a genius. I love it.

Lmao. We missed you.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GotFiveRings

Absolutely love the La'el Collins signing. This OL is going to be fucking mean for years to come.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GameboyTroy
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:

I can't wait for the season to start. The Bills are going to be so awesome. The only weakness that they have is at QB on the 53 man roster. Their gm is a genius. I love it.

Lmao. We missed you.

I'm serious this time. They added so many great players on to this team and did their best to get better QBs, one of them being Matt Cassel. They also tried to sign La'el Collins. If you followed the Bills you would know. Its not a secret anymore. Hopefully you've heard of what the Bills did to the Top 3 QBs in the NFL.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GotFiveRings

@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Lmao. We missed you.

I'm serious this time. They added so many great players on to this team and did their best to get better QBs, one of them being Matt Cassel.

Roflcopter.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By GameboyTroy
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Lmao. We missed you.

I'm serious this time. They added so many great players on to this team and did their best to get better QBs, one of them being Matt Cassel.

Roflcopter.

Rex Ryan's offence will probably help with that with Shady McCoy and others. I think they'll realistically be 10 - 6 or better this season. Whatever you're doing isn't working on me. I feel comfortable with the Bills after seeing what they did last season. The Bills are going try to be a bully this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Lmao. We missed you.

Roflcopter.

Rex Ryan's offence will probably help with that. I think they'll realistically be 10 - 6 or better this season. Whatever you're doing isn't working on me. I feel comfortable with the Bills after seeing what they did last season.

So you weren't serious when Fitzmagic was leading the team? It's cool and all to hope, but your expectations are a little lofty. You think you would have learned after the last time the Bills were considered a dark horse.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GameboyTroy
@sherman-tank1 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@GotFiveRings said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Lmao. We missed you.

Roflcopter.

Rex Ryan's offence will probably help with that. I think they'll realistically be 10 - 6 or better this season. Whatever you're doing isn't working on me. I feel comfortable with the Bills after seeing what they did last season.

So you weren't serious when Fitzmagic was leading the team? It's cool and all to hope, but your expectations are a little lofty. You think you would have learned after the last time the Bills were considered a dark horse.

Fitzmagic is old news. I was hoping he would get better but didn't. Back then it was more of a hope thing and learned from it. Now its more of fact thing and the team has clearly improved in skill as a team and had a 9 - 7 last season. NFL.com says they'll be 12 - 4.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GotFiveRings

Oh man this is GOLD. Troy I agree, the Boys and Bills will playing in the SB this year like good ole '92 and '93.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

In terms of off season moves the Bills and Jets are the two teams that look most improved to me and could be very legit this year. The Jets especially as they just stocked up on talent in free agency and then robbed the damn draft on top of it.

Of course this years MLB season makes me say wait and see. Almost none of the supposed contenders are doing a damn thing now despite huge offseason "gains". Freaking Mariners were looked at as World Series contenders before the season and last I checked they were sitting dead last in their division....

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Bills don't have a QB. Therefore that makes them irrelevant as ****, what else is new?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GameboyTroy

@Put_in_Kitna said:

Bills don't have a QB. Therefore that makes them irrelevant as ****, what else is new?

I would've liked for them to draft a QB in this year's draft. Probably next year.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Just going to throw this out there:

When this and the some seriously contextless text messages that mostly rely on conjecture, leave no real smoking gun and were selectively stitched together over 8 months are your best pieces of evidence I'm not really sure how "more probable than not" is even a reasonable conclusions. I also find it interesting that the media is more or less willing to accept reports that fit their narrative and actually critically deconstruct those that don't. The Mueller report on the Ray Rice investigation for example may have very well been BS, but let's not pretend the media was ever going to accept a report that didn't fit the narrative they'd built up for the last 3 months.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Chutebox

@Boston_Boyy: Can you break it down please? Text is a bit blurry and I don't feel like getting a headache.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 yokofox33

Brady suspended 4 games. Patriots also torn a new asshole.

This just means the Jags have a chance in week 3!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@yokofox33:

Don't get your hopes up as I expect an appeal which will result to 2 games.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Boston_Boyy

@Chutebox: Here's a link to the picture

And here's a good PFT recap of some of the disputes.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Chutebox

Lol, nfl bout to look dumber than ever. No way this stupid punishment sticks

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 yokofox33

@PSP107:

Gus Bradley laughs at your claims.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

The Brady suspension is fine, but the first round draft pick is not deserved. It is wrong to punish Belichick and Kraft for something they had no knowledge of.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Chutebox

@sherman-tank1 said:

The Brady suspension is fine, but the first round draft pick is not deserved. It is wrong to punish Belichick and Kraft for something they had no knowledge of.

The report even states that Bill wasn't involved at all. Gonna love the hate NFL gets on the radio today!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GameboyTroy
@yokofox33 said:

Brady suspended 4 games. Patriots also torn a new asshole.

This just means the Jags have a chance in week 3!

Patriots will forfeit 2016 1st round pick and 2017 4th round pick. I'll accept that. The AFC East just got more even.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Chutebox
@Boston_Boyy said:

@Chutebox: Here's a link to the picture

And here's a good PFT recap of some of the disputes.

Man, I really hope Pats are relentless on tearing this shit down.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Not understanding why the Jets are being overlooked in the AFC East.

That defense is going to be fucking filthy and they finally have some weapons on offense. If they can just get even semi-competent QB play from Geno/Fitz, then they can hang with anyone.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Frank_Castle

Todd Bowles rolls out more nickel packages than anyone in the league

DL: Muhammad Wilkerson, Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson, Quinton Coples

LB: David Harris, Demario Davis

DB: Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Buster Skrine, Marcus Gilchrist, Calvin Pryor

That's SICK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@frank_castle said:

That defense is going to be fucking filthy and they finally have some weapons on offense. If they can just get even semi-competent QB play from Geno/Fitz, then they can hang with anyone.

The issue is the whole of the AFC East had a great offseason with the exception of the Patriots, who happen to be Super Bowl champions. There is no point in getting hyped until the regular season starts because Dolphin and Bills fans are thinking the exact same thing you are.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Frank_Castle

@sherman-tank1 said:
@frank_castle said:

The issue is the whole of the AFC East had a great offseason with the exception of the Patriots, who happen to be Super Bowl champions. There is no point in getting hyped until the regular season starts because Dolphin and Bills fans are thinking the exact same thing you are.

I'm not even a Jets fan

I just think it's ridiculous that everyone is assuming that the Bills are the team in that division that is going to gun for the Pats while seemingly overlooking the Jets and even the Dolphins.

You could easily make the argument that the Jets had the best offseason of any team in the league.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GameboyTroy
@frank_castle said:
@sherman-tank1 said:
@frank_castle said:

I'm not even a Jets fan

I just think it's ridiculous that everyone is assuming that the Bills are the team in that division that is going to gun for the Pats while seemingly overlooking the Jets and even the Dolphins.

You could easily make the argument that the Jets had the best offseason of any team in the league.

The Jets probably did have the best offseason in the league and will be tough to beat. The Dolphins probably don't have a good enough wr core and o-linemen. The Patriots have a secondary that might be weak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@GameboyTroy said:
@frank_castle said:
@sherman-tank1 said:
@frank_castle said:

I'm not even a Jets fan

The Jets probably did have the best offseason in the league and will be tough to beat. The Dolphins probably don't have a good enough wr core and o-linemen. The Patriots have a secondary that might be weak.

and what about the Bills?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Boston_Boyy

The Patriots have released their rebuttal

I thought everything looked pretty solid and would convince anyone on the fence about what happened until I got to

"[Wells' team] never asked Mr. Jastremski about [the nickname "Deflator"] in his interview. Had they done so, they would have learned from either gentleman one of the ways they used the deflation/deflator term. Mr. Jastremski would sometimes work out and bulk up — he is a slender guy and his goal was to get to 200 pounds. Mr. McNally is a big fellow and had the opposite goal: to lose weight. “Deflate” was a term they used to refer to losing weight"

and

""This single text and the reference to “him” and “he,” which the investigators concluded must refer to Mr. Brady, is the lynchpin of the investigator’s conclusion that Mr. Brady was probably “generally aware” of a scheme to release air from the footballs. (pg. 78). There are two levels of speculation here. First is the speculation that the references are in fact a conversation Mr. Jastremski had with Mr. Brady and not with someone else."

Even I have to acknowledge that those are some dumbass fucking arguments that are unfortunately (but not necessarily unfairly) being pounced upon by the media and Patriot haters at the expense of the other 98% of the report. They should have just stuck to the argument (which they do make) that the texts were selectively sliced together over 8 months and that these guys often joked around, took the piss out of one another and bantered.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GameboyTroy
@sherman-tank1 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@frank_castle said:
@sherman-tank1 said:
@frank_castle said:

I'm not even a Jets fan

and what about the Bills?

Refer to my previous posts. I think I've said enough about them.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Chutebox

Apart for the "Deflator" nickname, Patriots ripping the NFL a new one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I've tried my best to avoid the drama of the investigation, but this rather outrageous.

Roger Goodell to hear Tom Brady's appeal of Deflategate suspension

instead of an independent arbitrator. Hmmmmm........

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Chutebox

@sherman-tank1 said:

I've tried my best to avoid the drama of the investigation, but this rather outrageous.

Ya, no shit lol. I'm sure the union can try and get someone else in there. But it's pretty damn stupid if Goodell actually hears it. If he does, then everyone and their mother knows it's to make up for last year.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Frank_Castle

@Chutebox said:
@sherman-tank1 said:

Ya, no shit lol. I'm sure the union can try and get someone else in there. But it's pretty damn stupid if Goodell actually hears it. If he does, then everyone and their mother knows it's to make up for last year.

The Pats and the NFLPA signed off on Goodell being the arbitrator

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Chutebox

@frank_castle said:
@Chutebox said:
@sherman-tank1 said:

The Pats and the NFLPA signed off on Goodell being the arbitrator

Do you mean the CBA? If so, then ya. But the patriots don't want him hearing this, especially since they intended to call him to testify.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Boston_Boyy

It's pretty clear Roger wants this to go to court, that way he will get subpoena power (Brady's phone) and get McNally another interview (which would be his 5th, fwiw). The case would also be referred to civil court not criminal court, where if the NFL could keep 'more probable than not' on their side they'd win. However I'm not entirely sure that's particularly likely unless something earth-shatteringly new comes out, I'm not sure they'd even win at this point.

I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of the 'deflator' thing yesterday but perhaps I wrote it off too early. This article does pretty well coming up with an explanation for the 'deflator' nickname and puts the 'deflate and give someone that jacket' text in the context of weight loss. While I will readily admit it is from a homer site, but even the most ardent Wells defender would have a hard time denying that McNally sending that text to Jastremski at that time with that image on the screen would be a pretty big coincidence. One also has to remember that the 'deflator' nickname could work on two levels with McNally and Jastremski, seeing as they have admitted to deflating balls...from the 13 PSI they're delivered at to the minimum (12.5) of the league approved rules.

Again, people will see what they want to see, I said that when I framed the original texts as banter, but I think you'd have to stretch pretty hard to overcome the coincidence here and relate the 'jkt' text to ball deflation. People will twist this as they will though, I heard Colin Cowherd this morning try to twist 'jkt' to 'just kill time', however in addition to making no sense in relation to ball air pressure in that context, I have yet to find a single acronym dictionary that lists 'just kill time' as a possible meaning for 'jkt'.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Jesus Pats fans are fucking delusional...

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Boston_Boyy

@LostProphetFLCL: Just curious but what's your explanation for the text sent to Jastremski then? How do you reconcile 'deflate' referring to footballs in that context? Along side the apparent coincidence that McNally would text that message seconds after a heavily coated Jastremski appeared on screen. Again, I've acknowledged people will make of it what they want, but this isn't the Patriots looking at when that text was sent and coming up with an explanation by cross-matching what was on TV at the time, this is a writer pointing out it fits the claim that NcNally's explanation ('weight loss') does have a plausible explanation when cross-referenced to what was on TV at the time. As I said, I thought the explanation was weak yesterday, but even the most ardent Wells defender can't take 'help the deflator' to mean be 'proof' and entirely ignore the context of the ''deflate and give someone that jkt' comment. It's not perfect evidence by any means, but it could absolutely cast doubt in a court of law.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Chutebox

Just because someone is made the deflator doesn't mean they are deflating the balls to illegal levels. That's what annoys me with this. No where in the report does it even hint that they deflated the balls to illegal levels or meant to. No where.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@Chutebox: "Just because someone is made the deflator doesn't mean they are deflating the balls to illegal levels. That's what annoys me with this. No where in the report does it even hint that they deflated the balls to illegal levels or meant to. No where."

lol, someone dubbing themselves as the "deflator" should have some meaning to it.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 GameboyTroy

The Patriots got caught and are being punished. Brady makes an appeal. Lets see how this goes.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Chutebox

@PSP107: deflating balls to league minimum.

It's also pretty stupid refs aren't the ones who carry the balls out to the field

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#147 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GameboyTroy
@cainetao11 said:

That is true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
@GameboyTroy said:
@cainetao11 said:

That is true.

Must be nice to know that your favorite team don't have any tarnished Super Bowl victories.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#150  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@sherman-tank1 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@cainetao11 said:

That is true.

Must be nice to know that your favorite team don't have any tarnished Super Bowl victories.

We aren't pretty, but earn what we have.