Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Another year, another exciting adventure in the world's biggest religion: Association Football!

Let's remember, of the biggest leagues in Europe, the champions for the 2015 season were:

• Chelsea in the English Premier League
  • Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga
  • Paris Saint-Germain in the French Ligue 1
  • Juventus, La Vecchia Signora, in the Italian Serie A
  • FCBarcelona in the Spanish La Liga, also champions of the Uefa Champions League and winners of their second treble in six years.

However... none of this matters! For as we have seen before, be it Ancelotti's Real Madrid, Inter Milan in 2010 or, perhaps the best example of all, two time European champions Nottingham Forrest, Football has no memory! And what today are considered the champions tomorrow could find themselves struggling for a spot in their own division, even.

So without further ado: we're off! The 2015 - 2016 season has begun, and there are questions we need answered and teams that need crowning! So...

English Premier League

Who will win this year's EPL? Can Chelsea maintain their streak? Will Manchester United remind everyone this year that they are, in fact, a legendary club and three-time European champions? Will Arsenal actually win any of their decisive matches this season? Will someone finally punch Jose Mourinho square in the jaw?

La crème de la crème. The EPL is the biggest and most important league in the world, even if some may debate the Spanish league has been dominating recently. It matters not. Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and now Manchester City. These teams have Legendary Status in the world of football. It makes for some of the most exciting, competitive sports in the world, and this season promises to be as spectacular as the best of them.

Bundesliga

Will Bayern win it again? Will Bayern continue to steal everybody else's good players? Will Guardiola manage not to piss off everybody in Germany this year? Will Bayern get very far in the UCL? How soon will Bayern mathematically win the Bundesliga? Is there any other team in the Bundesliga other than Bayern?

Jokes aside, the Bundesliga is a strong league and a very popular one. The teams in it are good and make for very entertaining matches; it's just... they pale in comparison to Bayern Munich. These teams have proven they can beat Bayern in important matches, but over the course of the season? Nope.

Serie A

Will Juventus again be the only Italian team in Europe to not go out with a whimper? Will San Siro ever be graced again with good football? Is the Italian league indeed on a slow but steady decline, as it seems to have been these past few seasons? Personally, I'm most curious about how violent the Roma - Lazio matches will get this year!

Again, jokes aside, Milan and Inter have had little to speak of in recent years, and the level of competitiveness really has taken a dive. Last year's Juve as a UCL finalist was a surprise to almost everybody, if we're to take a look at the early-season predictions that were made. Hopefully this is not a trend, however, and what was one of the biggest leagues in the world will continue to be so.

Ligue 1

Can PSG prove that shelling out millions does indeed make for an amazing team? Will French football place itself at the same level England, Spain, Germany and, until recently, Italy have been on?

Football is big in France, just like it is in any other big Western European country, and the French team is a World Cup champion. Yet, despite this, the domestic league hasn't been able to keep up with the other giants, though this may be starting to change. We may be looking at a new Super-League in the making!

La Liga

Who will win the never-ending, also Legendary duel, and the biggest rivalry in Football, Barça - Madrid? Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or? Can Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla once again prove it's not all down to the two giants in this league, but that the rest is on par with even the Premier League itself?

The Spanish league has never been as exciting as it is currently and these past few years. Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi have a great deal to do with that. This is possibly going to be, once again, where the best football is focused, and where the most intense matches take place, until everything settles down and these teams once again descend from their God-like status, We may have to wait for these two to retire before that happens.

The rest of Europe

It would be unfair to leave them unmentioned! Many other leagues, such as the Portuguese, Dutch or Ukranian, will offer a great deal of good football and discussion! Let's not forget these leagues are always well represented in Europe, be it the beginning and middle of the Champions League, or right until the very end of the Europa League. It will be interesting to see how the season progresses for teams like Oporto, Ajax or Shakhtar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can't leave it at that. We still have the biggest part of European Football left to discuss. I am, of course, talking about:

The apotheosis for any Football team. Who will manage to win the biggest, most important trophy in the world?

With this, let the 2015 - 2016 Football Season begin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(P.S. Shout out to @Garfield360UK@Aljosa23@Seabas989@BattleSpectre@johnd13 and @elkoldo, discuss away! :D )

Edit: P.P.S. One last thing. If you don't like European Football, or Soccer to you, then don't comment. We're not here to debate over which Football is better, or over the naming of it, so if you're here for that, then simply: No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Chelsea won't be repeating, I think. All our rivals have gotten stronger over the summer meanwhile we have stagnated and even gotten worse in some areas (Begovic to replace Cech). Unless we buy someone that can slot into that right wing position and make it their own (which is what Cuadrado was supposed to do...) I don't see us winning. Top 4 for sure. I'll say Manchester City win this year or Arsenal

Bundesliga: Bayern because lol of course
La Liga: Barca win it all again. The fat Spanish waiter Rafa Benitez sacked by the new year
Ligue 1: PSG, unfortunately
Serie A: No idea. This season should be interesting. Would love it if Napoli won

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23: Pedro's future is still undecided. Maybe he'd fit in that right wing like a glove... I hope he stays at Barça though.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hahaha Manchester City being recognised as a big team, sorry I just find that funny because they have won very little outside of the title a couple of times recently. I admit they are a force in the league (as in the Premiership) but to truly be seen as a big team, they need to compete regularly in the later rounds of the Champions League and beat teams like FC Bayern, Barcelona, Paris, and the likes on a consistent basis. The only times they seem to beat these teams is when the other side has nothing to play for (as seen when they beat Bayern a couple of seasons ago in the Champions League).

Do not get me wrong, I love they have beaten United a fair few times recently (as it adds spice to the Manchester derby), but, for me, they have not hit the big time yet. They are not a legendary team like FC Bayern, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus, and so on, where you know what you are getting watching them and you know big stars will be on show. City are still paying over the odds to get big name players and lack the big time pull to sign a player like Ronaldo or Messi who could push them to be gobal superstars. Chelsea are starting to head towards being recognised more in fairness as they can bring big names in and have curbed the spending to become more respectable.

Predictions:

Bundesliga: FC Bayern (although it may be a lot closer than last season, they have been found out as Pep does not have a plan B when his team is on the back foot)

Ligue 1: PSG probably, unless Lyon can recover from being smashed in the friendly by Arsenal (that was a mixed bag for me to watch, I like both teams and Arsenal played some great football, but Lyon just did not seem to turn up sadly)

La Liga: One of Barcelona or Real Madrid, Barcelona have the better attack and have kept a solid team, but if Real can get De Gea then they would arguably have the best keeper in Europe in their team (between him and Neuer for me, Buffon as well but he is getting on in age sadly, he is one of my favourite keepers).

Serie A: Juventus, nobody else seems to want to challenge their dominance. AC Milan have the squad but just lack consistency or just do not seem to care, I am not sure what has happened to that club, same with FC Inter.

Premiership: Probably Chelsea unless City stop loosing games they should be winning easily. Getting Pogba should be a top priority for them over De Bruyne as they have plenty of CAMs who are technically gifted but need that driving force Toure used to offer (yes he got two goals in the first game he played, but he is not consistent anymore and with his age, he may not be able to pull the strings like he used to).

SPL: Celtic.... again. (I like them, but man they need Rangers back in the league to push both on to better things as neither are doing great at the moment)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Catalli  Moderator

@Garfield360UK: Eh, true, Man City hasn't been big, but if I'm going to include Liverpool, which has sucked since 2009....

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It could be anyone winning the EPL.

In La Liga, it's always between RM And Barca but RM has a new coach so we shall see if that's good for them or not. Barca still has the three headed dragon.

Bayern Munich will still dominate in Germany. Same with Paris Saint Germain. I'm not sure about Italy since I don't follow it as much as I used to.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garfield360uk

@ianhh6: Aw snap, we finished second a season and a bit ago (two seasons ago I guess given we have just started the next season). But you are correct in fairness, our previous trophy haul is good but the last couple of decades we have been hit and miss in the league. Cup wise has been pretty decent bar the last 5 or so years but we have got the Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, etc.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Catalli  Moderator

@Garfield360UK:You're a Liverpool fan? Cool! I've always liked Liverpool. I do hope they get another winning streak soon. Also, regarding what you said earlier. I think Chelsea has long since achieved that level of "5 stars no questions asked". They're considered one of the big fish in each edition of the UCL.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Catalli  Moderator

Oh yeah, a cup is in play tonight. In 12 minutes to be precise:

My money's on Barça for their first trophy of the season.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Premier League is the most unpredictable of the big five. It could go to any of the major competitors though Arsenal and Liverpool are the underdogs imo. But Liverpool needs to win a championship and relive the old days dammit!

La Liga is again going to be a close one between Barca and Madrid. I don't expect fireworks like Atletico this year.

Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 have clear favorites Bayern, Juventus(I hope Inter, Milan and Roma can rise to the challenge) and Paris respectively.

And you didn't mention the greek Superleague. >.< Just kidding our league is nothing to be proud of. But I do hope that our teams will fair well in the European Cups. Champions League is once again the most glamorous attraction.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

SERIOUSLY BARÇA YOU WERE 4-1 UP. HOW DO YOU GO TO EXTRA TIME.

Edit: Pedro saved the day. And he's gonna leave TT

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Seabas989

@ianhh6 said:

SERIOUSLY BARÇA YOU WERE 4-1 UP. HOW DO YOU GO TO EXTRA TIME.

Edit: Pedro saved the day. And he's gonna leave TT

PEDRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still giving up 3 goals in a half is a problem, especially after 4-1. But this game felt designed for Pedro to be the hero lol.

Sevilla has always been a tough team so I expect them to compete all year.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Catalli  Moderator

@Seabas989: I was thinking, with Alba instead of Mathieu and with Neymar, there would be much better control of the match on the left side, which would help a lot, seeing as the right side, with Messi, Rakitic and Alves, wasn't too bad. Still, if Mathieu is supposed to be a reliable substitute, he can't play like he did today.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Yo, you know what's cool?

Real Madrid.

:D

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Catalli  Moderator

@Desmonic said:

Yo, you know what's cool?

Real Madrid.

:D

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Seabas989
@ianhh6 said:

@Seabas989: I was thinking, with Alba instead of Mathieu and with Neymar, there would be much better control of the match on the left side, which would help a lot, seeing as the right side, with Messi, Rakitic and Alves, wasn't too bad. Still, if Mathieu is supposed to be a reliable substitute, he can't play like he did today.

Mathieu had a terrible second half and Sevilla could have tied the game twice at the end of OT. So yeah they got a lot of work to do.

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

I don't really follow much football, but Atletico Madrid is a great team.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Catalli  Moderator

@bravo632 said:

I don't really follow much football, but Atletico Madrid is a great team.

It is indeed!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yep, I don't see Chelsea repeating it again this time around, no way in hell. I hope the Gunners give it all they've got and go for broke.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Seabas989

@ianhh6 WTF was that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ianhh6 said:

@Aljosa23: Pedro's future is still undecided. Maybe he'd fit in that right wing like a glove... I hope he stays at Barça though.

Pedro has his heart set on Manchester United, unfortunately.

I was watching the Bayern-HSV game earlier and I cried inside every time Douglas Costa got the ball. Such a fantastic player yet Mourinho passed on him for Juan Cuadrado. UGH

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Catalli  Moderator

@Seabas989 said:

@ianhh6 WTF was that?

JESUS CHRIST I don't know. I can't even begin to comprehend.... A bad starting 11... terrible physical preparation... who knows. I just wonder if there's ANY chance of turning that around in the return match.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 garfield360uk

I feel gutted for Brugge, they got very unlucky against Manchester United. Saying that, I am glad Fellaini got a goal, he deserves it for all the stick he gets from United fans.

Any other good results in the Champions League qualifiers?

Best hope Chelsea do not loose again, otherwise they will sack Abramovich because Mourinho will blame him for them loosing next. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/19/chelsea-manchester-united-barcelona-pedro

Looks like we got Pedro? notsureifwant.jpg

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 garfield360uk

@Aljosa23: He would be good at another team, but for Chelsea I do not see where he fits in the team. He is a great player, but Chelsea have Hazard and Willian already so I do not see him taking one of them out of the first eleven. Only way it may work would be for Hazard to become a CAM and play in the middle of the field but I am not sure if he is comfortable in that position?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Garfield360UK said:

@Aljosa23: He would be good at another team, but for Chelsea I do not see where he fits in the team. He is a great player, but Chelsea have Hazard and Willian already so I do not see him taking one of them out of the first eleven. Only way it may work would be for Hazard to become a CAM and play in the middle of the field but I am not sure if he is comfortable in that position?

Ideally I think we should switch to a 4-3-3 and Pedro would slot in on the right wing with Hazard on the left and Costa down the middle. Right now our offense is so congested with 3 attacking mids who sometimes push Costa out of position. Hazard did play as a CAM at Lille the year they won the title. This is how I'd line up the squad:

Hazard - Costa - Pedro
Some variation of Oscar - Fabregas - Matic

Someone will have to be dropped and I'd rather we drop Willian than Fabregas or Oscar.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 garfield360uk

@Aljosa23: I can see that working. Maybe Matic in the middle to play the CDM role and Oscar to do the Lampard late runs into the box with Cesc playing play maker.

What do you think of Mourinho and his rants at the moment? Also any thoughts on the John Terry situation that the press seem to be building up?

In terms of tonight's European games, I wonder what the Celtic player who wasted time at the end thinks now after Malmo scored pretty much straight after the incident (tried to kill time by keeping the second ball on the pitch).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Garfield360UK said:

@Aljosa23: I can see that working. Maybe Matic in the middle to play the CDM role and Oscar to do the Lampard late runs into the box with Cesc playing play maker.

What do you think of Mourinho and his rants at the moment? Also any thoughts on the John Terry situation that the press seem to be building up?

In terms of tonight's European games, I wonder what the Celtic player who wasted time at the end thinks now after Malmo scored pretty much straight after the incident (tried to kill time by keeping the second ball on the pitch).

Speaking of Lampard, the squad desperately needs another CM that can score at least 10 goals a season. Someone like Yaya Toure or my dude Fat Frank Lampard. Typical Mourinho. I think he's upset about the lack of transfers this summer and is lashing out. Hopefully the capture of Pedro (and more to come?) helps calm him down. I have complete faith in Mourinho.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator

Pedro you traitor. Enjoy winning nothing on the field and everything in the press room under Mourinho ¬¬

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23: A pretty solid debut by Pedro from what I hear, no?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ianhh6 said:

Yeah he was the best player on the pitch.

now to seal the transfer of Pogba :>

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23 said:
@ianhh6 said:

Noooo stay away from Pogba!! He's ours :( seeing as Reus wants nothing to do with us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ianhh6 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@ianhh6 said:

Noooo stay away from Pogba!! He's ours :( seeing as Reus wants nothing to do with us.

Personally I think Verratti would do better on Barca than Pogba tbh.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Catalli  Moderator

There will be 5 Spanish teams in the UCL this season. I think it's the first time there's ever been 5 teams from the same league. Either way, it says a lot about the quality of La Liga, seeing as Valencia had to go through the qualifiers and Sevilla is in from having won the Europa League, if I'm not mistaken.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Here in the states I can only watch mainly English Premier League (thank you NBC Sports) and a few Bundesliga games. I'm really loving the premier league games, I don't have a favorite but all the games have been a blast. I know of the heavy hitters like Chelsea, Man U, Man City, and etc.. it's really cool to see teams like Everton, Aston Villa, Swansea play. Last weekend match between Man City and Everton was awesome, seems like Everton is close to becoming a force and that John Stones on defense is a beast hope nobody plucks him away.

Finally, just love that I can wake up saturday/Sunday morning early when my 4 month old boy wakes me up, can just put him in his bumbo seat and throw on some English Premier League and relax. I also noticed he never fusses during a match. The noise from the game and chants seem to keep him occupied.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Catalli  Moderator

@BigBadBully: Nice! Yeah the EPL has that... every match is exciting; sure you can place your money on the big teams, but you never know. In other leagues it's way more obvious who's gonna win each match, with not that many surprises.

Maybe your kid just really likes soccer :P

Do you follow the MLS? It seems to have been growing in popularity and importance lately.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BigBadBully

@ianhh6: I mainly follow MLS on the Web and reading up. Most games are late at night which is when the MRS. Is home from work and she can't stand it. EPL is on at the perfect time (when she is at work). MLS is pretty good, the quality of play has def. Made progress. Def. Seeing some nice talent like the kid Giovinco (might have botched his name) from Toronto who's been lighting it up this year. The main thing I like is that a core of the USMNT is in the league, I want to see if this will help build some chemistry for the National Stage as it seems the USMNT is always hot and cold. But as a whole I'm liking the MLS and the progress. I like that they're bringing in European League Veterans to help get more exposure to the league as well as bringing talent from South America and the Caribbean. As a whole it's just good for soccer as more players can get into a professional league and develop.

Being a Philly Union fan though it's tough when you have to go up against an LA Galaxy who've amassed nice talent and with location, Philly is a tough city for drawing in free agents.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23 said:

Nice. I think aside from group D, each group has a clear candidate for first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I hate this sport so much.

Someone needs to kidnap Ivanovic so he's nowhere near a football pitch.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
@Aljosa23 said:

http://i.imgur.com/lAbcKFD.jpg

Looks like City are going to be runaway champions. How boring.

Also, Griezmann to United. Please understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Brutal_Elitegs said:
@Aljosa23 said:

Looks like City are going to be runaway champions. How boring.

Reaction GIF: no, José Mourinho

We'll see who's laughing once Pogba strolls into Stamford Bridge by Tuesday.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Catalli  Moderator

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Everybody stop stealing Atletico's stars!! That includes you Barça ¬¬

@Aljosa23 said:

We'll see who's laughing once Pogba strolls into Stamford Bridge by Tuesday.

Last day of the transfer market... still feeling so confident? :P

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Brutal_Elitegs

@Aljosa23:

Do Chelsea still want Rooney? Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, almost 30-year-old Rooney! We'll take Hazard + 20m.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BigBadBully

Swansea looking good in the EPL, caught all of the match vs Man. U. morning and they are playing well. They just need to capitalize more on the scoring chances as they could have put Man U out big time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@Aljosa23:

Do Chelsea still want Rooney? Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, almost 30-year-old Rooney! We'll take Hazard + 20m.

Rooney can do one, I'd rather have Falcao than Rooney at this point.

Word is you lot are going to overpay for that Monaco lad.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brutal_Elitegs

@Aljosa23 said:

Rooney can do one, I'd rather have Falcao than Rooney at this point.

Word is you lot are going to overpay for that Monaco lad.

Who the feck is Martial, and why are we about to spend in excess of €50m for some 19-year-old? ****'s sake, Woody, can't you drop that money at Atletico's door instead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Brutal_Elitegs: BBC saying fee is £36m. lol

Exclusive footage of Ed Woodward and Van Gaal working on transfers:

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 garfield360uk

@ianhh6: The 5 teams in the Champions League has happened before but not at a group stage level. When Liverpool won it in 2005, we did not qualify via the league (as we finished 5th) so we got entered into the primary qualifying round to get into the next seasons Champions League and the top 4 teams also went in still (Everton, and I am going to say Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester United, but I could be wrong on the last three). However, Everton failed to win their qualifier and so went into the UEFA Cup (or Europa League as it is now known).

I agree with the sentiment about United's new signing. There are so many better options, why has nobody signed Lacazette for example?

It will be curious to see if City try and get another central attacking midfielder, I mean, you can never have too many of them, right?

Also, with the striker United want, will he be even able to play in the Champions League this season for them given he played against Valencia in the qualifying round (thus has been registered to play for another team in that competition this season)?