2013 NCAA football thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts
Heels coulda got back in the game then that dumb f*ck muffs the punt lol. They could still make a run though NC has a solid offense.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 36Ounces
SC lookin pretty legit.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]Haha! This Buckeyes team will not fall like the previous two teams in prior championships. The schedule highly favors us. Dontre Wilson, a true freshman RB/H-Back, could have a significant impact on the team this year if his play matches his progression from summer camp. Someone to keep in mind from the Buckeyes this year to go along with Brad Roby and Braxton Miller. It has not been reported yet either, but we lost one of our primary rotating DT's to a broken foot for about 2 months.

They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?

After deciding to suspend Manziel for a max punishment of half-a-game, the NCAA ruled in-favor of Ohio State being allowed to compete for postseason titles this year.

LMAO @ That shit. The NCAA was salivating over the idea of Braxton Miller facing Manziel/Alabama in the NC game. No way in hell they were going to let some petty by-laws and prior rulings get in the way of that. NCAA has the integrity of a soggy noddle.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?TheGrat1
After deciding to suspend Manziel for a max punishment of half-a-game, the NCAA ruled in-favor of Ohio State being allowed to compete for postseason titles this year.

LMAO @ That shit. The NCAA was salivating over the idea of Braxton Miller facing Manziel/Alabama in the NC game. No way in hell they were going to let some petty by-laws and prior rulings get in the way of that. NCAA has the integrity of a soggy noddle.

Wait, he was serious? Can they or can't they be in a BCS game? And why was the SC game delayed?

Edit: Oh, was only one year ban.  I love how those assholes came down so hard on USC but not these other schools.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#105 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Robert Nkemdiche learning that arm tackles don't work in college like they do (for a guy his size) in high school. He's a big boy for a true freshman though, holy crap.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Aaaand this is why I can't get into college football. A very respectable NC team is already getting blown out by one of the nation's best teams. Boring. Such a desparity in talent, I can't stand it.

monkeytoes61

There is more upsets in college than in pro sports. The reason you can't get into it is because you can't pick a team. 

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Put_in_Kitna

The cheap shot on Clowney if you guys were interested. 

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 36Ounces

I know most ppl on here don't agree, but I think CFB the best sport period. The atmosphere at games, every game matters etc. Wojo had a good article on espn the other day http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9590621/100-things-love-most-college-football . Some shit on there is stupid but overall a good list.

Damn i've never seen the Vandy stadium so packed haha, good ass game.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheGrat1

LMAO! He tossed his cookies! Great f*ckin hit! :twisted:

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GamerForca

Anybody who stayed up to watch Vandy and Ole Miss got one hell of a treat. What a comeback by Vandy, but this game still ain't over!

LOL well, like I said, it ain't over!!  Ole Miss has the lead now DAMN.

Good first day for college football.  I'm satisfied.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 36Ounces

What a crazy game man.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Chutebox

USC only up 23-5....gonna be a loooonnnnnngggg season.  Hopefully we get a real coach after this season

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#113 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

Aaaand this is why I can't get into college football. A very respectable NC team is already getting blown out by one of the nation's best teams. Boring. Such a desparity in talent, I can't stand it.

Put_in_Kitna

There is more upsets in college than in pro sports. The reason you can't get into it is because you can't pick a team. 

There are three times as many games.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

monkeytoes61

I could use that argument against you as well. 

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Put_in_Kitna

Anybody who stayed up to watch Vandy and Ole Miss got one hell of a treat. What a comeback by Vandy, but this game still ain't over!

LOL well, like I said, it ain't over!!  Ole Miss has the lead now DAMN.

Good first day for college football.  I'm satisfied.

GamerForca

Great game. Good start to the season. 

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Silly UConn.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

monkeytoes61

Already a huge upset. North Dakota State beats Kansas State at home. 

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

I'm not denying that there are a decent amount of upsets, but I feel like blowouts are far more prevalent.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Put_in_Kitna

Congrats to North Dakota State. The team must feel like they're on top of the world at the moment. 

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

NFL > College football.

That being said I'm looking at another terrible season by Maryland before we leave to the Big 10 where we will get destroyed.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 GamerForca
LOL the refs on the field just overturned the replay booth's decision in the Okie State/Miss State game (which had actually confirmed what the refs on the field had called in the first place, so the refs on the field basically overturned their own call when the replay booth screwed up). Never seen that before, but they were right to change it. No idea what the hell the guys in the booth were thinking.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 monkeytoes61
EWU bringing it to Oregon State right now
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GamerForca
Almost time for the big game. UGA starting two true freshmen in the secondary, with the starting SS suspended to boot. LBs are young too. I admit, Clemson should be favored. UGA's offense should have no problems moving the ball though. Grind the clock with that big OL and Gurley, and let's see what happens. Signing out boys...
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

So my college won the first game they ever played 52-7 today and this happened.  I can't be certain, but based on the clothes my roommate and I were wearing, along with they time we got in, I'm pretty certain we're visible in the first couple seconds of the video, in that big group that comes on from the left.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 36Ounces
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GamerForca
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces
I sobered up a bit before I came back on here. We struggled with the run because Clemson was stacking the box. Took Bobo 5 series to adjust and start utilizing the PA and dump passes, otherwise UGA wins. Too many mistakes with the turnovers and botched FG, otherwise UGA wins. Then there was the game-ending injury to Mitchell and the injury that kept Gurley out for half the game, otherwise UGA wins. In other words... COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA, same old story every year for a Mark Richt coached team. SMH.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 36Ounces
Oh and Manziel a f*ckin dumbass. Never thought I'd be rootin for Bama when they play. Have a good arena football career kid.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Put_in_Kitna

Just got back from UT game. Awful start. 3 turnovers, down 7-0 with 2 min left in first half. Then explosions. Texas has a very explosive offense this year, but the consitency is still a huge question mark. Won 56-7. 

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces
Could be worse, you could be a CU fan.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 CommanderShiro

Clemson v Georgia was a pretty good game. As for Florida, looks like it could be another year of inconsistent offense. 

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 36Ounces

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.Bobbles

Ya'll looked pretty good today against Col St.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GamerForca
Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smh
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 36Ounces

Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smhGamerForca

Yea I saw that, what a dumbass.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="36Ounces"]Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces

Lmao, it was shit CSU.. let's see what happens when we play a Pac-12 team.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Put_in_Kitna

Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smhGamerForca

LOL, that blows. 

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 36Ounces

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"] Could be worse, you could be a CU fan.Bobbles

Lmao, it was shit CSU.. let's see what happens when we play a Pac-12 team.

Ay at least ya'll already can't do worse than last season :lol:

Can't wait to see Jameis Winston play tonight.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#137 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I know it was Pitt, but damn, Winston looked awesome. He's gonna be good, but obviously he can't put up these types of games every game. I'm sure he'll struggle a couple times this year.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 36Ounces

I know it was Pitt, but damn, Winston looked awesome. He's gonna be good, but obviously he can't put up these types of games every game. I'm sure he'll struggle a couple times this year.

yokofox33

Was bout to say the same thing. 25/27 for 356 yds with 4 td's. Not bad for a freshman first CFB game.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheGrat1
This was pretty much what I predicted (40 - 17 FSU), didn't expect WInston to beast quite this much however. God to see that Savage actually has an arm at the end, hopefully he'll get more chances to use it than once per game.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CommanderShiro

yokofox33

He sure did play well. I was impressed. 

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Best highlight from Week 1:

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

Mark Richt is garbage. I've been saying this for years now. 

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Alabama will blow the doors off A&M.

Easily beat the -7 spread.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#144 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that before
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Chutebox
^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforeX360PS3AMD05
Olbermann is a PoS.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforeChutebox
Olbermann is a PoS.

He was like MSNBC's O'Reilly or Hannity. Not a fan of someone that biased.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforemonkeytoes61
Olbermann is a PoS.

O'Reilly is awesome. Hannity more like it.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Olbermann is a PoS.Chutebox

You like Bill O'Reilly? You're joking, right? That guy couldn't be any more delusional if he tried.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] He was like MSNBC's O'Reilly or Hannity. Not a fan of someone that biased.monkeytoes61

You like Bill O'Reilly? You're joking, right? That guy couldn't be any more delusional if he tried.

Hell yes I like him. He's the man. He doesn't let anyone get away with any bullshit on his show. If you don't agree with him, that's fine. But he's awesome

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 TheGrat1
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforemonkeytoes61
Olbermann is a PoS.

Biased? Yes (it was his job considering the network that hired him). But he was always a better entertainer then either of the other two. He's like Stephen A Smith: agree or disagree, like or hate, he brings personality to any segment he's on and that is always going to get you a job.