What better a Psvita with 3G or with Wifi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordblue23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordblue23
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
im looking to buy a ps vita but unsure what is better to buy one with 3G or one with Wifi. please give advice!
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The PSvita with Wifi originally launched at $250.00 While the PSvita with Wifi/3G launched at $300.00 The 3G version supports the social media apps like Near, Party and group messaging plus it enables you to use social apps like foursquare, niconico, facebook, music unlimeted, colors, flickr netfix

Since some of these app consume data that is why the PSvita with 3G comes with data plans. 250mb for $15.00 a month. And 2GB for $24.99 depending on what service provider you have Verizon in the U.S.A and T-mobile was also to sign on. In Japan and U.K their had their own service providers with Data Plans.

But a PSvita with Wifi is fine if you just want to play the games. PSvita 3G allows for social media and the data plans to support them on the go.

Since both the PSvita wifi and PSvita wifi/3G are both $199.99 it is up to you which one you get. Sony has cut the price on all systems. Clearing stock for the eventually introduction of PSvita slim 2000. and hopefully PSvita T.V micro console for $99.99

So if you use social media get the 3G. 

Ravenous_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ravenous_Joker
Member since 2013 • 297 Posts
I would get the PSvita with wifi.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

The PSvita with Wifi originally launched at $250.00 While the PSvita with Wifi/3G launched at $300.00 The 3G version supports the social media apps like Near, Party and group messaging plus it enables you to use social apps like foursquare, niconico, facebook, music unlimeted, colors, flickr netfix

Since some of these app consume data that is why the PSvita with 3G comes with data plans. 250mb for $15.00 a month. And 2GB for $24.99 depending on what service provider you have Verizon in the U.S.A and T-mobile was also to sign on. In Japan and U.K their had their own service providers with Data Plans.

But a PSvita with Wifi is fine if you just want to play the games. PSvita 3G allows for social media and the data plans to support them on the go.

Since both the PSvita wifi and PSvita wifi/3G are both $199.99 it is up to you which one you get. Sony has cut the price on all systems. Clearing stock for the eventually introduction of PSvita slim 2000. and hopefully PSvita T.V micro console for $99.99

So if you use social media get the 3G. 

Megavideogamer

WOT??
I have a Wifi Vita and i have all those apps, connecting through Wifi.

The 3G model is now even being sold for the same price as the wifi one, and in bundles like the Killzone bundle just to get rid of them.

The 3G model never sold well.

At least with the latest firmware, all apps are usable with Wifi only.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Whichever one is cheaper since there's absolutely no reason to use the 3G features.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'd get the 3G version since its the same price.  Down the line, when the system isn't supported anymore, the Vita with 3G may offer a little bit more(wink)

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I got the 3G version, just in case.  I have no intentions of ever using the 3G anymore.   Does anyone use it?   I found that if I do what to go online with it out of the house I can use my Droid as a 3G hotspot and it works just fine

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Wifi for me because I dont care or want to pay extra from a provider just to get on the internet with it while I am out of range of wifi access.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

It doesn't matter there's no difference. The 3G is garbage and is expensive.

I'm pretty sure all the new ones available are all 3G.

Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
I just bought the walking dead 3g/wi-fi model yesterday. As soon as I got it home and turned it on it gave me an error message. The next time I turned it on, same error, and so on and so on. So, I called Sony and they said *UNLESS* you have AT&T 3G in your area and plan on using it just remove the sim card. I removed the sim card and the error went away and never come back. My point is, the 3G model is kinda useless unless you have AT&T 3G support and plan on using it. I don't I use my personal wi-fi in my house and my vita, although it travels with me, never uses AT&T 3G for anything, so you have to weigh your own personal options. Hope this helped...
RollinKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RollinKaos
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

I got the wifi model because AT&T sux for service and I dont want to pay montly fees anyway. I have a mobile hot spot now anyway, there are plenty of free wifi locations when you are on the move if you need to connect to the internet anyway