The sound sometimes disappears in Gatling Gears, why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

Just recently bought the PSN release of Gatling Gears and i'm loving every minute of it. I have a problem though, sometimes the sound disappears for a shorttime and then comes back again. Anyone encountered this that knows why?

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Maybe your sound cable is dying... If you're using HDM. I'm not sure but my cable has done that for a few games...

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Izak80

Maybe your sound cable is dying... If you're using HDM. I'm not sure but my cable has done that for a few games...

lensflare15

I'm using HDMi and no sound cables. So what you said sounds strange. Also when i start the console it takes a little time for the click (icon) sound to appear when you move around the XMB.

hasselwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hasselwa
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

The fact that your sound doesn't come in for a while after booting your PS3 into XMB either means your HDMI cable is acting funny or your speakers are acting funny. It's not your PS3's hardware. There is also a slight chance some setting in your PS3 sound settings could be causing the issue. I would test another HDMI cable first. If the problem still exists, try plugging in another set of speakers. Good luck man

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Izak80

The fact that your sound doesn't come in for a while after booting your PS3 into XMB either means your HDMI cable is acting funny or your speakers are acting funny. It's not your PS3's hardware. There is also a slight chance some setting in your PS3 sound settings could be causing the issue. I would test another HDMI cable first. If the problem still exists, try plugging in another set of speakers. Good luck man

hasselwa

I thought it took a while for the click-sound to appear whenbooting into the XMb, and just to clarifywere talking like 4 secs here. Any recomendations as to which soundsettings could be causing this? When it comes to speakers i only use the internal ones of my tv aswell as my stereo which i've got hooked up through my tvs earphone jack.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Try a different set up, like using your A/V cables, and see what happens. If the problems continue let us know.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Izak80

Try a different set up, like using your A/V cables, and see what happens. If the problems continue let us know.

Bass7

No, i won't do that. Will try a different HDMI cable though. Have alot of cables behind my tv: a RGB-Scart from the satellitebox aswell as a RF-cable, a second HDMI from my dvd and the HDMI cable from the PS3 in question.I've also had a problem with the RF-cable (from the wall to the satellitebox) that efter a while produces a distorted picture. I have changed it about 3 times over a period of about 7 months. So to be honest i think all the cables back there interfere with each other and that's what damaged the HDMi cable. Maybe i can by one that is better shielded from disturbances that other cables in it's closes vicinity might cause.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

^ Could it possibly be your T.V. as well? I'm sorry I'm not much of help, but there are so many things that could be wrong with your set up. So many cords, so many variables :(.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Izak80

^ Could it possibly be your T.V. as well? I'm sorry I'm not much of help, but there are so many things that could be wrong with your set up. So many cords, so many variables :(.

Bass7

No, at least i don't think so. It's probably the HDMi cable. i'll try a new one.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Might be a bug with the audio in the game. In Need For Speed Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed and Hunted The Demon's Forge I've had the sound cut out. Maybe it comes back, maybe I need to restart the game for it to begin working again.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Izak80

Might be a bug with the audio in the game. In Need For Speed Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed and Hunted The Demon's Forge I've had the sound cut out. Maybe it comes back, maybe I need to restart the game for it to begin working again.

Jackc8

Yeah,i thought so too, that's why i asked if anyone else have encountered this with the Ps3 version. Just to clarify again, it's rarely this happen to me and when it does it's for a very short time (like 3 secondse).

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Izak80

Changed to another HDMI cable i had laying around and now the "Sound issue" seems to have dissapeared.