PS VITA Memory Card Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

If i get the free 8gb memory card in the bundle, and later on i want to upgrade to a 32gb card... can my games and saves all be transferred over? I want everything to be digital download for me, i dont want to carry around alot of cartriges for games; but i dont want to get 'locked' into one memory card... and i hear alot of stuff about the vita's memory cards being locked to one system etc...

so can anyone clarify if you want to upgrade memory cards is it going to be easy to transfer your downloaded games?

also........... if you buy games off the PSN for the VITA... can you buy them off the PSN on your PS3, and leave them on your PS3 to be moved off and on to your vita as you please? kinda makin the ps3 a storage device? or can you only get to the Vita games through PSN on your vita??

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
I don't have a definite answer but I'm sure some will chime in who does. My assumption is that the content manager software allows you to transfer data between the Vita and a PS3 or PC including games. I suspect you can move data from a smaller card onto them and then move it back on to a bigger card. It's a given that a lot of people will at some point upgrade to a bigger card so it has to be possible. I myself am going to buy a 4GB card here in the UK at launch but I have a 32GB card preordered on import from Canada. That won't get here until 7-10 days after the launch so I will want to transfer everything from the smaller to the larger card myself. As i don't use a PC but a Mac I'm presuming I will have to use my PS3. I am assuming this won't be a problem.
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Renzokucant
I hope its not a problem, I just preordered the system with 8gb card on newegg. Great bundle
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

I have heard that you can not, beside saving a file to your PC/MAC then transfering that way, you most likely will need to carry a 2nd card with you if want to play a game music on that other card

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

I have heard that you can not, beside saving a file to your PC/MAC then transfering that way, you most likely will need to carry a 2nd card with you if want to play a game music on that other card

lge777
I don't think you understand the question. Besides its not in Sony's interest to restrict such transfers as no one would then buy larger memory cards. As far as I can see there shouldn't really be a problem transferring your games and other data to a larger card.
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lge777

[QUOTE="lge777"]

GamejunkieUK

I don't think you understand the question. Besides its not in Sony's interest to restrict such transfers as no one would then buy larger memory cards. As far as I can see there shouldn't really be a problem transferring your games and other data to a larger card.

I think he is asking if he downloads a game/Files to 1 MC can he buy another larger MC and auto transfer the game and game saves over ???? I have heard It will not,The game you buy should stick to your PSN account and you can download it that way, all game saves will be lost.Other files like music, Photos, private video files and any "Special Interest files" will not you most likely need to insert the card to a PC/MAC create a file and transfer that way.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renzokucant
Can we dl vita games to the ps3 first and store them there until we want to transfer them?
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lge777

Can we dl vita games to the ps3 first and store them there until we want to transfer them?Renzokucant

From what i have heard all VITA and some PSP games will beable to download off PSN so download it instead of buying a hard copy that way you can delete it when you are done and redownload it later,your game saves will be lost forever unless they update a CLOUD service to the Vita which should be easy to do ,your Trophy's follow your gametag. your will not beable to upload your Vita MC files to the PS3 untill that CLOUD service if ever gets in.BUT your will beable to control your PS3 and group/party up with players on the PS3 i have not heard if that will be on day 1 or not.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renzokucant
I also just noticed Gamefly is sending out vita games too, wo that helps :)... I hope that the vita and ps3 interact with each other seamlessly. data transfers etc
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
Cloud storage for game saves is being looked into as a possible firmware update, so you could essentially upload your game saves, then download them to a new memory stick
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
You can through software on the PC just as you can with PSP atm.