My Vita won't connect to the internet. Help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

It's been a month or two since I've last dusted off the Vita for some game time, so today I picked it up, downloaded an update and go to message one of my friends and notice it's not connecting to the internet anymore. Google was no help at all because all I could find were people saying "reset your Vita" and I have... several times as well as rebuilding the database.  There is nothing wrong with my internet today because I checked the connection with my cell phone, PS3,  and laptop and all work perfectly fine but my Vita seems to just simply refuse to connect to the internet.  Anybody else deal with this issue? It's quite frustrating after all the toying around with it I've been doing failed. Any help is appreciated.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Have you tried resetting your router?
NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NamelessJay

Yeah, unfortunately that didn't work either.  I'm stumped on this one.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You should probably describe how the unit isn't connecting to the internet, like no network detected or whatever's you're experiencing.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NamelessJay

It just says "connecting"  forever when I go into the wifi settings to check it out. At one point I left it at the "connecting" page,  plugged the Vita into the power supply, went and had a shower and then ate dinner and by the time all of that was done with I check my Vita and it's still "connecting" haha.  I just think it's weird how I had no issues ever when I was playing this thing religiously and now this silly little problem pops up and wont go away.  Normally I'm good at figuring these things out.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Could try deleting the network and see if it can auto-detect it again. Think I had to do that when I turned off auto-broadcast on my router to optimize the connection.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

Could try deleting the network and see if it can auto-detect it again. Think I had to do that when I turned off auto-broadcast on my router to optimize the connection.

Gxgear
Yeah, try this. I even think I had to do it at least once before. Once you get connected you might wanna check for firmware updates (seeing as though you mentioned you've had it off for about a month--there HAS been an update since then).
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

PumpkinBoogie
Yeah, try this. I even think I had to do it at least once before. Once you get connected you might wanna check for firmware updates (seeing as though you mentioned you've had it off for about a month--there HAS been an update since then).

i think you can download the update from sony to a PC or PS3 if you cant get the vita connected. so a firmware update that way may also be worth a try.