my ps3 keeps turning off by itself and then the red light starts blinking!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crashhat69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crashhat69
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts

its never done this before until today its done it 3 times already.the first time it happened i was on my ps3 for like 2 hours it turned off and the red light started blinking i was like wtf thats weird.so i turned it on and started laying the game i was playing before and within maybe a minute and a half it did it again. so i turned it off completely and let it sit for like a half an hour and went on it again.i was on it for a half an hour and once again it turned itself off and the red light above the power button started blinking non stop.what is wrong with my ps3?i went to playstation.com and emailed them earlyer today about the problem but i wanna know whats wrong with it right now sense it happened again.i have a ps3 slim ive had it for about 8 months i take very good care of it nothing is around it so it gets good ventilation so WTF is wrong with it?

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Sounds like it's overheating to me, so you probably need repairs.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
try cleaning the vents with a low power vacuum.
FLYEboi50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 FLYEboi50
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
whatever you do, do not attempt to play a game again. You are on the verge of getting YLOD. whatever chance you get, backup all your saves and info NOW. you will regret not doing it, because if you keep trying to turn it on and play games and what not, you will never be able to again once you see that yellow light. You are going to have to send it to sony.
Peppino7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Peppino7
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
I had that happen to me but I had to hard turn it off and turn it on from the back. It turned out to be my power source that I replaced for 30$. No problems since then.