Does amazon ship pre-ordered items early?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moomoo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 moomoo47
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts
Because I'm hearing stories that I could get the first edition bundle a day or 2 early even before the day of the early week release. Is this true?
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

Because I'm hearing stories that I could get the first edition bundle a day or 2 early even before the day of the early week release. Is this true?moomoo47

Well Amazon does release day delivery so they ship it before the actual release date so it might get there a little early if you live close by to where the shipment is coming from, but generally no, they're more likely focused on making sure you get it on the 15th and might not ship until the 14th it just depends on how their release day delivery system works. If they want to make sure people get it on the 15th, then they might ship it two days early and it might come sometime late on the 14th, all depends.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="moomoo47"]Because I'm hearing stories that I could get the first edition bundle a day or 2 early even before the day of the early week release. Is this true?DarxPhil

Well Amazon does release day delivery so they ship it before the actual release date so it might get there a little early if you live close by to where the shipment is coming from, but generally no, they're more likely focused on making sure you get it on the 15th and might not ship until the 14th it just depends on how their release day delivery system works. If they want to make sure people get it on the 15th, then they might ship it two days early and it might come sometime late on the 14th, all depends.

I agree with that.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
they ship it out at a time that should get it to you for launch, and due to this they sometimes give a big enough gap that ends up getting you an item before its "release"
cinemax237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cinemax237
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts

They ship it the day before it's going to be released and overnight it to you so you get it on release day. I have pre ordered a few games on amazon and never gotten them before release day.