knuckles_sonic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 knuckles_sonic8
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

Lol..Get it... "TRICKED off Riders" ?? Oh, I crack myself up..

Anyways, the point of this thread was not about my lame pun. It was about the recent frustration of the 6.6 rating GS gave the game. Well, if you think that was bad. It gets worse....

http://cube.ign.com/articles/691/691032p1.html

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Go to MeteCritic.com. There's a link to it at the top of gamespot. The collect every review ever written for every game and compile it. Sonic Riders really isn't going over too well with the critics... but then again, who cares?
Avatar image for Metroidmaniac15
Metroidmaniac15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Metroidmaniac15
Member since 2005 • 2409 Posts
I don't give a damn about the stupid reviews!  It's a great game and that's all that matters.
Beardie99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Beardie99
Member since 2005 • 5834 Posts
Your kidding me Sonic Riders rocked!
Gofire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gofire3
Member since 2005 • 860 Posts
we should care about reviews because they sell off impressions see ppl saying that sonic riders is the best game and thats it doesnt make much difference to the world
majorblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 majorblood
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
The main problem I had with the gamespot revew was they said "a major letdown in sonic riders is the fact that you have to slow down at pit stops to regain air and this will take major time out of your way and possibly let you loose the race" I found that pretty f'd up because the main point of sonic riders is to regain air by pulling off tricks (On mission mode it explained this stratagy very well) I guess Gamespot didn't even bother to try mission mode because I found it easy to complete every stage without even going in the red on EX world GP mode. Other than that I found their review pretty fair and balanced, but as you guys said earlier "who the hell cares!"
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thrippa
Member since 2005 • 1799 Posts
Several of the reviewers seem to have missed that one of the POINTS of the game is the air management system. Your air is supposed to go down as you ride (it's not a flaw) and you're supposed to avoid stopping at pits by doing tricks and using skills. Most of the lower scored reviews seem to be by people who somehow missed this basic, and cleary stated concept. Although I agree some of the pit placements are annoying; I've lost two races on Sand Ruin by accidently sliding into the air pits.
Avatar image for knuckles_sonic8
knuckles_sonic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knuckles_sonic8

What else are people mad about? Notice how they hardly mentioned Multiplayer and Replay Value, bTW?

Gofire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gofire3
Heaps complained about the quality graphics of the environment, and control
Avatar image for Metroidmaniac15
Metroidmaniac15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Metroidmaniac15
Member since 2005 • 2409 Posts

Several of the reviewers seem to have missed that one of the POINTS of the game is the air management system. Your air is supposed to go down as you ride (it's not a flaw) and you're supposed to avoid stopping at pits by doing tricks and using skills. Most of the lower scored reviews seem to be by people who somehow missed this basic, and cleary stated concept. Although I agree some of the pit placements are annoying; I've lost two races on Sand Ruin by accidently sliding into the air pits.Thrippa

I've determined to turn the pits off since even if I run out of air I just run to a jump.

knuckles_sonic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 knuckles_sonic8

Several of the reviewers seem to have missed that one of the POINTS of the game is the air management system. Your air is supposed to go down as you ride (it's not a flaw) and you're supposed to avoid stopping at pits by doing tricks and using skills. Most of the lower scored reviews seem to be by people who somehow missed this basic, and cleary stated concept. Although I agree some of the pit placements are annoying; I've lost two races on Sand Ruin by accidently sliding into the air pits.Thrippa

Yeah that it is pretty stupid of them to criticize the main point of the game!

Gofire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gofire3
We should sue them
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

We should sue themGofire3

How very American of you :lol:

knuckles_sonic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 knuckles_sonic8
Lol.
knuckles_sonic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 knuckles_sonic8
Actually, another thing they criticized were the number of levels! Some actually said 4, some said 5, but no one mentioned 16 from what I recall. Some say the levels lack originality, but that is so false! Also, some reviews mentioned that Sonic Team hardly put any effort into the making of the levels and the game in general. Obviously, they only played the game raning between 5-15 minutes 'cause they obviously didn't even bother unlocking SEGA Carnival or even any other level passed Sand Ruins for that matter!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thrippa
Member since 2005 • 1799 Posts
Incidently, if you look at the actual maps, the levels seem to progressively diverge as you go. Night Chase has one segment different from Metal City, Red Canyon has two path changes, and by the time you get to Dark Desert only the Coliseum is the same - you actually cross it at right angles to the path in Sand Ruins.
Gofire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gofire3
They just think different, not everyone has the same view