kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

You might have missed this with all the new Nintendo annoucements and Sonic Chronicles release and all but I went to newgrounds today and guess what? No lies. Super Mario Bros. Z episode 7 is HERE!!! No fooling. After 16 long months of waiting, Alivn finally released a new one. This is the full episode in its enterty.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/462494

Ok a little backstory if you havent heard of this series. Early last year a web series swept the internet called Super Mario Bros. Z. Now a Sonic/Mario crossover series is nothing new to the web but this one stood out mainly due to having a surprisingly engaging story full of humor and excellent animation. Though as the name suggests it throws in some DBZ elements it does it in almost comical way.

The story goes that Metal Sonic, in his urge to defeat Sonic merged himself with other Sonic robots to transform into Mecha Sonic (taken from the comics), once in his full form, Mecha Sonic laid waste to Sonic's world of Mobius (none of this alternate Earth bull---- that they do in the games now) in his search for the Chaos Emeralds. While battling with Sonic and Shadow, Shadow used his powers to send the emeralds into an alternate dimension. This world was the Mushroom Kingdom. Mecha Sonic followed the Emeralds into Mario's world and Sonic and Shadow rigged up a machine from Eggman's lair to pursue him. Now Sonic and Shadow teamed up with Mario, Luigi and Yoshi to set out to find the emeralds before Mecha Sonic. Of course plenty of familar Mario baddies are out to get the emeralds themselves.

Anyway I love this series for it's humor and nostalgia. If you haven't watched this yet, then you'll want to though watch it on newgrounds if you can. The quality on youtube is poor and grainy and the episodes are split up into multiple parts.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

7 wasn't bad, but it had quite a few weak points (one being the constant abuse of Luigi is kinda getting old), and was not worth the 16 month wait.
But it was still a worthy sequal to the rest of the series and gets my approval.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kbaily

I didn't expect #7 to be as strong as #6. I mean six had this massively epic battle that ended with an island being sunk so after that I expected the next one to slow down a notch as they now had to find the remaining 3 emeralds.

Still it managed to be creative. I liked the whole Minus World concept with everyone going 8-bit complete with retro sound effects and they had the kick ass Dr. Wily tune from Megaman 2. Yeeeahhh!!

And the cameo of the two characters from "Bowser's Kingdom."

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

I did like the Minus World idea, it looke and worked well.
Only complaint is Mario didn't change back to his 8-Bit coloring like he should have.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I just KNEW it was Minus World when I saw the pipe behind the wall! How cool was it of him to include that? Awesome.
DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

I've seen every episode this series and it is awsome. I liked this one, but the last one was my favorite. episode 6 just seem to have for fighting in it. Who ever made this deserves something because I really like this series.

wiimadness69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 wiimadness69
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

the series is AWSOME

but i think we are having 2 wait to long for the episodes

but they are still amazing when we see them!!

Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts
Haven't watched this in ages... I'll have to catch up.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kbaily

the series is AWSOME

but i think we are having 2 wait to long for the episodes

but they are still amazing when we see them!!

wiimadness69

If you read the blurb on the page, Alivin apologized for the 16 month drought and promised that he wouldn't take as long on Episode 8.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Great. Now we'll have to wait 15 months. :D
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts

Actually, its BEEN out... for a while. It's 8 that's the one to wait for. Only there's been previews, no actual episode.