kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

It's not totally Sonic related but a few years ago Sonic would've made this list. Thankfully he got a couple good games out since 2010.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/729505

Let's face it prior to 2010 we all know Sonic would've been on this list.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

Over and over and over and over and over... TROLOLOL

But yeah, it's nice to see that Sonic isn't in there.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
My first thought reading the title: "Of course he did - he can outrun them." And then I got back on topic. Honestly, I think they were just avoiding reiterating the point they made last time, but, hey, isn't it totally not sad that we find joy in our franchise not being hated by everyone around us. *BASELINE-LEVEL-OF-ACCOMPLISHMENT-5* :D
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
I pretty much agree with every entry on their list. ESPECIALLY a select couple.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

*Skims through video*

Oh GT.     

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Isn't that by Screwattack or something? Anyway, needs less Lego (watching the Lego part made me like the series more, not less) and a lot more Guitar Hero. Also, putting Halo and FInal Fantasy as high as they were is either trolling or begging for it, even if it's sort of accurate. Not bad otherwise. I will say, the video would have been a tad more enjoyable if Halo and Call of Duty didn't repeat half their scenes. Sure, you want to say it's repetitive, but don't you want that for the other nine as well?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperSmashBro1

Eitherway,its on GT.I blame them.

Also,Guitar Hero died.Long ago.I even had a tragic funeral for it.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 barren167
They released one earlier this year, didn't they?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperSmashBro1
They released one earlier this year, didn't they?barren167
The last title was in 2010.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 barren167
*checks* Yeah, but the series isn't over, someone at Activision supposedly claimed that 2011 was just "a hiatus". We are getting a bit of-topic though...
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperSmashBro1

Of course,but its in a tomato like state,which is enough to call it dead until activision attempts to revive it.

*Hopes that Beenox never charts a music game again*

On topic:Shadow fired that bullet.Literally.

zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

I think that instead of killing off Dance Dance Revolution, kill off the entire genre of dance. You know it's too far when you see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvafvTnji-Y 

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cloud_765

That's not gonna happen.

You may as well try to tell Japan to stop producing RPGs and anime dating sims. 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 barren167
Or America to stop producing FPSs and simulation games. Or Europe to stop making, well, whatever games Europeans most enjoy.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperSmashBro1

*4 months later*

SuperSmashBro1
Sonic takes a bullet.
Oh GT.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kbaily

*4 months later*

[QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"]

SuperSmashBro1

Sonic takes a bullet.
Oh GT.

YES GT you are picking on Sonic fans again! Stop lying. They'll probably do another invisible Walls ep where they basically tell off Sonic fans before they go back to bashing Nintendo as they usually do.

I honestly think GT is just trying to piss off Sonic fans. Nearly everyone else besides them liked Sonic Colors. Not to mention they raved about Generations and most of the games featured in the vid.

Other games more worth of that list.

Starfox: Hey remember when that series was good? The last game to come out for that was a port of their last good game. (though I liked Adventures) The last three most fans hated and yet all I hear is "Where's Starfox WiiU?"

Spyro: Let's get this straight Skylanders is NOT a Spyro game. Spyro was just tacked onto it for BRAND NAME RECOGNITION but it has nothing to do with the PS1 originals. The old Spyro died a long time ago.

Anything associated with Rare (not featuring DK): Remember When Rare's own IPs were awesome and innovative? Then MS bought them and they pissed all their talent away and now they're reduced to Kinect toy makers? Like when they peed boiling oil in the mouths of Banjo-Kazooie fans by saying "you know all that fun, innovative platforming you loved and waited 9 years for? Well screw you we copy/pasted them into this crummy car building game?" And "you know how you all wanted a Killer Instinct sequel? Well too bad we're going to make 2 Pinata farming sims." I'd put the whole Rare company at #1.

I could go on but I have to get to work.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud_765
I like how they put Crash Bandicoot on there but no Spyro to be found. By far Sonic shouldn't even be on the list compared to Spyro, just saying.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

Eh, I would have had the "stop lying" reaction at the end, but then I saw Silent Hill at #2 I got what they were going for. Think about overall loss in stature here. Sure, Spyro's down to almost nothing, but he only had, what, 3 games on one console (at least that anyone cares to remember)?

Silent Hill Downpour wasn't a bad game. In fact, it was pretty good, but it didn't have the same all-pervasive sense of dread and fear that the other ones did. It was a horror game, but it was mostly jump scares, and not very tense ones. Interesting plot and okay action, but the title of "king of horror games" was lost.

So, if we say Spyro and Crash had repuations of "1000 Reps" (where rep is an arbitrary unit of reputaiton) at their peak, and they're at 1 now, that's a loss of 999. Silent Hill had more like 1,000,000 Reps, and has fallen to something like 5,000. That's a loss of 995,000.

At Sonic's peak, well, they're right, he was tied (arguably) for the most recognized face in gaming. That's like 10,000,000 Reps, and he's down to more like 1,000,000. That still places him MILES above some of the other ones, but the overall loss is massive.

It's like saying HP should be on the list of "biggest fallen stock angels" in place of facebook because it's stock is only around $20 when facebook is up at $22is, without considering that facebook lost nearly 50% (gross approximation) of it's stock value in just a few months after its intial IPO.

So, yeah, they're right.

This wall of text brought to you by the Wall-of-texts-to-counter-kbaily's-walls-of-text-foundation; "Keeping the dialogue interesting since 2012"

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
You know you are a Sonic fan when you read Sonic's Rep and instead read 10,000,000 Rings.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kbaily

I also question the rest of this list once again there are worst games that fell further like Megaman, Castlevania, Doom, etc.

Ratchet and Clank: I have yet to play the PS2 games (waiting for that collection to come out here in the US) and yeah All 4 One was the weakest of the series but it wasn't awful. Seriously from what long time players have told me, that the most recent game was the worst of the series and the rest were great.

Bomberman: Last time I checked there was still plenty of Bomberlove to go around with him having downloadable titles on all consoles and I enjoyed Wiiware's Bomberman Blast. Yeah Act Zero was a WTF but thankfully no one bought it and it went back to what it was supposed to be.

Crash Bandicoot: One my list of games to download and play I do feel bad for Crash mainly because, like Spyro was handed off to a cut rate third party studio who treated it as some quicky cash in kids game (Sonic went through this too) and after the "Mind Over Mutant" series it seems as though he's been tossed aside and yet fanboys are still clammoring for him to be in PS All Stars.

The rest of the list, I guess I can't argue. Final Fantasy is in the crapper because they were more interested in making pretty CG cutscenes then making a deep RPG experience.