sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

It seems that after the success of the first "Sonic Boom," they're going to do another one this year. :)

Unfortunately, if you livetoo far away on the East side of the US, like me, you may be out of luck.

Anyway, here's the full scoop on both US and UK events.

Summer of Sonic 2012 Logo

"Summer of Sonic will be held in the London area on Saturday, July 7th. This will be the fifth anniversary of Summer of Sonic - and we're determined to make it the biggest and best show yet! SoS is an all-day event that celebrates all aspects of the Sonic franchise. 'Zoned' areas offer a range of different activities - budding artists can sit down at the fan art tables and compete in competitions, speed runners can challenge each other at the retro gaming pods, and the latest Sonic titles are available for fans to try before they're even released.

Sonic BOOM 2012 Logo

Sonic Boom will be held in San Diego, CA on Friday, July 13th (during San Diego Comic Con) at the House of Blues. We'll have more information about ticketing in the future, but you will not be required to have a Comic Con badge to attend Sonic Boom. Hotels in the San Diego area fill up quickly for Comic Con, so if you will need a hotel room, we suggest that you book early and/or consult the San Diego Comic Con hotel page.

At the first Sonic Boom last year, fans had a chance to play Sonic Generations, get some great swag, enjoy a great musical performance from Crush40, and more. We don't want to give too much away about what's in the works for this year (at least, not right now!), but we're aiming to make it a great time for Sonic fans of all ages. We hope you'll come hang out with us, Sonic, and a bunch of Sonic fans!"

srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 srbrans
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
Thinking of going and cosplaying again, but I'm not sure whether to do a different one from last year or not. Because of the whole missing out on the competition thing mostly. And they'd better get a BIG ENOUGH VENUE FFS
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts
I don't know if I can go to Sonic Boom...but I shall try.I mean,I live in CA anyway.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
I went last year and it was... loud. The Crush40 concert was nice (they're tolerable live and you're not listening to them on loop going for that A/S rank), and playing around with Generations was nifty. Because of the dark, club setting, though there wasn't much to encourage socializing amongst fans - there was a lot of awkward standing around. Hopefully they'll fix that this time around? My home is in San Diego, and I won't be working near campus this summer like I was last time, so if I can get a ticket I can be there. Having it during comiccon rather than during E3 is probably a better call, anyhow.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Skipping it, I'm not flying out to California for any festival. I'll just wait on the word of *insert name of boom-goer here* afterwards, again.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
Since I live close enough to San Diego, I might check out Sonic Boom this year since last year was pretty good from what I've heard.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonicphc
Heh. Sounds like there are a number of us in CA / the San Diego area. We should meet up or something if we manage to get tickets and stuff. :P
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 barren167
phc, don't you know how dangerous it is to meet up with strangers over the internet? Or does that just apply to sexual encounters? I never did bother to look into it...
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperSmashBro1

phc, don't you know how dangerous it is to meet up with strangers over the internet? Or does that just apply to sexual encounters? I never did bother to look into it...barren167
But we're not strangers,we're members of the union.That makes us like..brothers.

Besides,if he somehow dies,we can confirm it.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 barren167
Unless, of course... You kill him.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 macrules_640
Going as a group sounds like an awesome idea. :D
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperSmashBro1
Unless, of course... You kill him.barren167
Kill a brother?I was thinking about that actually,so I can take over his throne,but realized we wouldn't have a GM in the Sonic RPG.Therefore,I shall guard him,so we have a GM in the Sonic RPG.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sonicphc
[QUOTE="barren167"]Unless, of course... You kill him.SuperSmashBro1
Kill a brother?I was thinking about that actually,so I can take over his throne,but realized we wouldn't have a GM in the Sonic RPG.Therefore,I shall guard him,so we have a GM in the Sonic RPG.

Technically, you could get around that by hacking into google and stealing all of my notes. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ;)
koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
I do so wish I could go to those events but alas, I live on the other side of the world. :P
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 barren167
[QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"][QUOTE="barren167"]Unless, of course... You kill him.sonicphc

Technically, you could get around that by hacking into google and stealing all of my notes. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ;)

Thanks, I'll need it.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 macrules_640
Well, you could always fly out to the States koolkat if you wanted to attend. :P
koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts

Well, you could always fly out to the States koolkat if you wanted to attend. :Pmacrules_640

I'm no millionare, mac. :P Besides, I've exams and all that stuff.  

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 macrules_640
Well, you have a point there koolkat. :P
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
Screw exams. No life is a good life.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 macrules_640
Unless you have money, and don't know how to use it. :P
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonictrainer

Here's some info on tickets for Sonic Boom 2012

SEGA Blog | Sonic Boom Tickets On Sale March 19th 

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 macrules_640
Must buy tickets now! :P
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sonictrainer

News from the SEGA Blogs:

"We're excited to announce that Takashi Iizuka, leader of Sonic Team, will once again be our guest at Sonic Boom. Iizuka-san joined us for our first Sonic Boom event last year, and we?re thrilled that he'll be joining us again. Iizuka-san will be one of our judges for the costume contest, and we've still got more surprises in store.

Having been involved with the Sonic the Hedgehog series since Sonic 3 on the Sega Mega Drive, Iizuka-san certainly knows what makes the blue blur tick. He has most recently produced a string of successful titles consisting of Sonic Colors, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, Sonic Generations, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II.

Iizuka-san will also be at Summer of Sonic this year.

Crush 40 will be playing live at both Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom events, and special guests Jean Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash will also playing live at Sonic Boom. Get ready to rock out to your favorite Sonic song with your fellow fans!

Sonic Boom 2012 will be held on Friday, July 13th, 2012 from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA (during San Diego Comic Con). Tickets are $20 each ($15 for the ticket and $5 for the TicketMaster fee) and include 2 drink tickets (for those 21 or older) and free food. You do not need a Comic Con badge to get into Sonic Boom. You must have a ticket to get in. Tickets are going quickly, so get yours today! You can purchase your tickets at http://bit.ly/IM9OoT

Summer of Sonic 2012 will take place in the Hove Centre, at Hove Town Hall, Brighton on Saturday, July 7th 2012. Tickets are available from the Summer of Sonic website: www.summerofsonic.com/"

BTW, anyone going to either event this year?

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 barren167
If I could go to Sonic Boom I just might do so, at least at those prices. But I can't...
srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 srbrans
Well if I get a bloody ticket tomorrow. Did anyone see any news about the first wave of SoS tickets? I spent about a minute too long because I didn't know my own phone number and was unsure of my address (because I'm moving house tomorrow/Saturday). Like they even need that info
srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 srbrans
I got a ticket to Summer of Sonic in wave 2 just now. It looks like all 200 of the available ones went in under a minute...
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Woo! You could say they sped on by.

*awesomeface*

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonictrainer

Submit any questions to Sonic Boom:

"We've already told you about some exciting special guests that will be at Sonic Boom 2012, including Jun Senoue from Crush 40, Steve Lycett from SUMO Digital, and Takashi Iizuka from Sonic Team. We've got some more exciting news: as part of the evening's festivities, we're going to have a Q&A session with these three fan favorites!

Even if you are not attending Sonic Boom, you can still submit a question. You can post your questions in the comments below, or email them to communityteam@sega.com with the subject line "Sonic Boom Question". Make sure you include who your question is for! We'll sort through the questions, pick our favorites, and ask them live on stage at Sonic Boom.

Crush 40 will be playing live at both Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom events, and special guests Jean Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash will also playing live at Sonic Boom. Get ready to rock out to your favorite Sonic song with your fellow fans!

Sonic Boom 2012 will be held on Friday, July 13th, 2012 from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA (during San Diego Comic Con). Tickets are $20 each ($15 for the ticket and $5 for the TicketMaster fee) and include 2 drink tickets (for those 21 or older) and free food. You do not need a Comic Con badge to get into Sonic Boom. You must have a ticket to get in. Tickets are going quickly, so get yours today! You can purchase your tickets at http://bit.ly/IM9OoT

Summer of Sonic 2012 will take place in the Hove Centre, at Hove Town Hall, Brighton on Saturday, July 7th 2012.  Tickets are available from the Summer of Sonic website: www.summerofsonic.com/"

srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 srbrans
Now you can submit questions to Iizuka or Lycett for Summer of Sonic on the website. http://www.summerofsonic.com/news/submit-your-questions-to-iizuka-san-and-sumo-digital Posting this here in case anyone has any good questions for either of them that they didn't/won't ask for Sonic Boom. Also the questions are already worth a good laugh