the-retro-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the-retro-gamer
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts

Im going into hostle terf here but I will push my luck. If sonic 4 would fail(which it won't) would sega give up all hope on sonic? Plz don't hammer me for this topic:cry: !

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
I don't want the series to die. :( But, maybe just put Sonic in a coma for a while.
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

I voted "you should die."

getting m60 brb

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

I voted "you should die."

getting m60 brb

dalejrgamer

Oh man I love that machine gun, I think I'll join you.:P

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#5 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I've said it before...it's over. Sonic did die. He died with the Dreamcast but we didn't want to accept it, so we buried him in the pet sematary and he keep coming back in evil hideous forms. Sonic's a lot like Star Wars...

Once upon a time there was a great trilogy of movies that everyone loved because they captured the imagination for decades then the creator decided to go back and "improve" them and change little aspects of the beloved films. Some were fine but others began to piss fans off (HAN SHOT FIRST!!) Then came Episode I and the true end began. Jar Jar, the fact that Darth Vader was now a whiny 10 year old brat and it didn't improve. Even after the trilogy ended, we got The Clone Wars cartoon which made us cringe and what does Lucas say "well kids like the new movies!" But kids grow up and things don't hold up. I used to think Captain Planet was cool. Looking back it was just a bunch of hippie, preachy tree hugger crap.

Sega is the same way. When Sonic games started getting worse and worse reviews and people were complaining about things like the werehog, Sega said "we make Sonic for kids, not fans!" And that's a pile of crap. Just because something is made for kids, is not an excuse not to put forth effort. What if Nintendo acted like that when it came to Mario?

But thankfully Sonic and the Black Knight bombed meaning the easy money audience Sega used to milk is gone. The demographic who thought Shadow with a gun was awesome clearly grew up so now Sega is at a crossroad. They can't just slap another gimmick, toss in a few friends, crank out a yearly half assed game and expect to sell a million anymore. The young group they brought in with Sonic X dried up. This is probably why Sonic 4 exists now.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts

I've said it before...it's over. Sonic did die. He died with the Dreamcast but we didn't want to accept it, so we buried him in the pet sematary and he keep coming back in evil hideous forms. Sonic's a lot like Star Wars...

Once upon a time there was a great trilogy of movies that everyone loved because they captured the imagination for decades then the creator decided to go back and "improve" them and change little aspects of the beloved films. Some were fine but others began to piss fans off (HAN SHOT FIRST!!) Then came Episode I and the true end began. Jar Jar, the fact that Darth Vader was now a whiny 10 year old brat and it didn't improve. Even after the trilogy ended, we got The Clone Wars cartoon which made us cringe and what does Lucas say "well kids like the new movies!" But kids grow up and things don't hold up. I used to think Captain Planet was cool. Looking back it was just a bunch of hippie, preachy tree hugger crap.

Sega is the same way. When Sonic games started getting worse and worse reviews and people were complaining about things like the werehog, Sega said "we make Sonic for kids, not fans!" And that's a pile of crap. Just because something is made for kids, is not an excuse not to put forth effort. What if Nintendo acted like that when it came to Mario?

But thankfully Sonic and the Black Knight bombed meaning the easy money audience Sega used to milk is gone. The demographic who thought Shadow with a gun was awesome clearly grew up so now Sega is at a crossroad. They can't just slap another gimmick, toss in a few friends, crank out a yearly half assed game and expect to sell a million anymore. The young group they brought in with Sonic X dried up. This is probably why Sonic 4 exists now.

kbaily
I agree with you about Sonic, but not Star Wars. The Star Wars movies aren't that great and the video games are only a little better, but the books are excellent. You ever read a Star Wars book? The only books I'm interested enough in to read twice, and while there are duds (You've got at least 20 different authors) and the most recent books have decided that killing half the cool characters (Chewbacca included) is a good joke, the majority are rather good.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I can't say I want him to do well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts
More than die, I would only make Sonic games for handhelds
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 white_kunoichi

Sonic: Sega has made me so miserable.... Amy, can I borrow your hammer?

Amy: W-Why?

WHAM!

Sonic: *bashes head and faints*

Amy: .....

Mobius Breaking News: Sonic the Hedgehog was brought into the hospital today with a serious head injury. Of the results from the doctors, it seems our beloved hero has fell into a coma. Unfortunately, we don't know how long he will stay asleep. Let us hope he will recover soon.

I just had to do that. :P

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mariostar0001

Sonic: Sega has made me so miserable.... Amy, can I borrow your hammer?

Amy: W-Why?

WHAM!

Sonic: *bashes head and faints*

Amy: .....

Mobius Breaking News: Sonic the Hedgehog was brought into the hospital today with a serious head injury. Of the results from the doctors, it seems our beloved hero has fell into a coma. Unfortunately, we don't know how long he will stay asleep. Let us hope he will recover soon.

I just had to do that. :P

white_kunoichi
No you didn't. :x
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts
nuke our imaginations
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chocolate1325
No one dies in videogames because they come back in the next game Shadow.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mariostar0001
Fawful supposedly died in Superstar Saga but came back as a shop owner in Partners in Time and as the main villain of Bowser;s Inside Story. And like Shadow he was ruined, his voice was too high and his lines weren't funny anymore.
incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
he went through more horrible games then any other gaming icon. he deserves to at least go out on a high note.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 white_kunoichi

Tails: Sonic, what are you writing?

Sonic: My Will...

Tails: O_O

Sonic: Here. You should write, too. If I go down, you all are gonna come with me.

:P

Spartan-1775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Spartan-1775
Member since 2005 • 1742 Posts
I would have to see the final result of Sonic The Hedgehog 4 before I say Sonic should die. I consider this game to be his last swan song.
megamario9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 megamario9
Member since 2009 • 6978 Posts

they should make sonic die and have tails the main character!!!!!!!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chocolate1325
Tails should come out of the shadow of Sonic.
Avatar image for sonichedgehog45
sonichedgehog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 sonichedgehog45
Member since 2009 • 1645 Posts

megamario9

please tell me thats a joke 0.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

megamario9

no way :x

megamario9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 megamario9

um...ok. i just like tails better

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chocolate1325
I perfer Knuckles actually.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mariostar0001
I perfer Knuckles actually.chocolate1325
Sonic WAS the cool hero, Tails WAS the cool sidekick, and Knuckles WAS the part-time rival part-time sidekick. Now Sonic's the hero of friendship, Knuckles is the dopey sidekick, and Tails is the little kid who tags along.
megamario9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 megamario9

the reason i like tails better is because i think he is better in both personality AND gameplay!

in sonic 3, he pretty much ran as fast as sonic plus he could fly, and in the 3D sonics, he wasn't so gawd dam annoying all the time.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 white_kunoichi
I perfer Knuckles actually.chocolate1325
Knuckles' Chaotix, perhaps? But, have Knuckles as the main character and the others just optional like in the old one.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts
I don't want him to die. I just want good games. Unleashed for the wii had fun daytime stages, so Sonic still has potential. 4 is looking promising as well. We just need to ditch werehogs and other useless decisions...
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mariostar0001
I don't want him to die. I just want good games. Unleashed for the wii had fun daytime stages, so Sonic still has potential. 4 is looking promising as well. We just need to ditch werehogs and other useless decisions...Tropictrain
Make a game with Sonic 1, 2 or 3's play style, playable characters Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or multiplayer with two of the three, make all characters optional and have different endings, take the Sonic 3 special stage idea (The ones that were good enough to make into a proper game), and add in about 35 levels in 17 worlds (One world has three levels) plus a final boss level. I'd buy that as long as it was on the right system (DS, PS2, or PC).
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chocolate1325
Keep Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Dr Robotnik,Amy Rose maybe and Metal Sonic and get rid of everybody else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]I don't want him to die. I just want good games. Unleashed for the wii had fun daytime stages, so Sonic still has potential. 4 is looking promising as well. We just need to ditch werehogs and other useless decisions...mariostar0001
Make a game with Sonic 1, 2 or 3's play style, playable characters Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or multiplayer with two of the three, make all characters optional and have different endings, take the Sonic 3 special stage idea (The ones that were good enough to make into a proper game), and add in about 35 levels in 17 worlds (One world has three levels) plus a final boss level. I'd buy that as long as it was on the right system (DS, PS2, or PC).

If that game would ever be released, it would probably be a Wiiware/PSN/XBLA downloadable title. Just like Sonic 4
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mariostar0001
Keep Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Dr Robotnik,Amy Rose maybe and Metal Sonic and get rid of everybody else.chocolate1325
Even Big the cat? And Silver? And Cream? :(:P Seriously, how about keeping the rest for spin-off games like Sonic Party, Sonic Kart, and Sonic Tennis/Golf/Basketball/Soccer/Baseball. :lol:
Avatar image for the-retro-gamer
the-retro-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the-retro-gamer
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Keep Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Dr Robotnik,Amy Rose maybe and Metal Sonic and get rid of everybody else.mariostar0001
Even Big the cat? And Silver? And Cream? :(:P Seriously, how about keeping the rest for spin-off games like Sonic Party, Sonic Kart, and Sonic Tennis/Golf/Basketball/Soccer/Baseball. :lol:

Well these characters are just bad.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#32 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Well a lot of people think if Sega is so obsessed with shoving all these characters into Sonic games, to take the path of the Mario series and make ensemble spinoff games so fans can play as characters they want to. You don't see Daisy, Birdo and Waluigi being shoved into main games though a lot of Mario fans, myself included wished that NSMBWii had had more choices in the four player aspect as opposed to just two toads. Though according to Miyamoto he could've added Daisy or Wario but it would've delayed the game because they would've had to design whole new character models.

I do recall fans whining about lack of friends in Unleashed but I make the point of what would Shadow and Knuckles have contributed to Unleashed's story? Unleashed was about Sonic trying to stop Eggman by restoring the Chaos Emeralds so that he could put the world back together, change back to normal and help Chip find his memory. Tails was there to help Sonic fly from one country to another (and for the stupid flying mini games in the 360/PS3 version).

The biggest problem the Sonic series had from Sonic Adventure was trying to shoehorn every character under the sun into the games which eventually came to a head in the clusterf--- known as Sonic06. In trying to incorporate so many characters and gameplay elements, nothing was polished. While half of Unleashed was slow and clunky, at least the game was able to focus on two types of gameplay thus having a more polished experience.

This is a major problem with a lot of modern games. Devs try to lump too many gameplay aspects into one game and for some, it can be a turn off or confusing. Sonic doesn't need RPG leveling up systems, nor does he need to do Zelda-esque questing. Instead of using Sonic for insane experiementation, they should focus on his high speed platforming and give the friends their own spinoffs. Make another Tails Adventure or another Knuckles Chaotix.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mariostar0001

Well a lot of people think if Sega is so obsessed with shoving all these characters into Sonic games, to take the path of the Mario series and make ensemble spinoff games so fans can play as characters they want to. You don't see Daisy, Birdo and Waluigi being shoved into main games though a lot of Mario fans, myself included wished that NSMBWii had had more choices in the four player aspect as opposed to just two toads. Though according to Miyamoto he could've added Daisy or Wario but it would've delayed the game because they would've had to design whole new character models.

I do recall fans whining about lack of friends in Unleashed but I make the point of what would Shadow and Knuckles have contributed to Unleashed's story? Unleashed was about Sonic trying to stop Eggman by restoring the Chaos Emeralds so that he could put the world back together, change back to normal and help Chip find his memory. Tails was there to help Sonic fly from one country to another (and for the stupid flying mini games in the 360/PS3 version).

The biggest problem the Sonic series had from Sonic Adventure was trying to shoehorn every character under the sun into the games which eventually came to a head in the clusterf--- known as Sonic06. In trying to incorporate so many characters and gameplay elements, nothing was polished. While half of Unleashed was slow and clunky, at least the game was able to focus on two types of gameplay thus having a more polished experience.

This is a major problem with a lot of modern games. Devs try to lump too many gameplay aspects into one game and for some, it can be a turn off or confusing. Sonic doesn't need RPG leveling up systems, nor does he need to do Zelda-esque questing. Instead of using Sonic for insane experiementation, they should focus on his high speed platforming and give the friends their own spinoffs. Make another Tails Adventure or another Knuckles Chaotix.

kbaily
They tried that, we got Shadow the Hedgehog. :x I say take the six good characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and Metal Sonic) and put them in the real games, sometimes playable (Optional) and sometimes just by the side or even not there at all, and put the rest into PLAYABLE spin-off games, meaning Sonic & Sega Racing and a better Sonic Riders versus Sonic Drift or Sonic Shuffle.
the-retro-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the-retro-gamer
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

mariostar0001
They tried that, we got Shadow the Hedgehog. :x I say take the six good characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and Metal Sonic) and put them in the real games, sometimes playable (Optional) and sometimes just by the side or even not there at all, and put the rest into PLAYABLE spin-off games, meaning Sonic & Sega Racing and a better Sonic Riders versus Sonic Drift or Sonic Shuffle.

They did but they put crap like guns and swear words. SONIC DOES NOT MIX WITH SWORDS,GUNS,FOUL WORDS OR ANYTHING ELCE THAT MADE HIM CRAPPY. I played Tails' Adventure and it's not that bad I say it gets a 7 out of 10.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 white_kunoichi
The only thing that was hard on Tails' Adventure was throwing those bombs. I couldn't even hit one enemy. :x
the-retro-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the-retro-gamer
The bombs.... o_0
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

They tried that, we got Shadow the Hedgehog. :x mariostar0001

Which was mostly for Shadow fans.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mariostar0001

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]They tried that, we got Shadow the Hedgehog. :x sonictrainer

Do you think that the Knuckles fans will get a good game with Knuckles? Or a lousy "Knuckles is actually related to a group of echidnas from space who somehow survived Chaos destroying the species and now he has to fight the evil leader or join him, his choice that is made for him in the end".
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts
[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]They tried that, we got Shadow the Hedgehog. :x mariostar0001

Do you think that the Knuckles fans will get a good game with Knuckles? Or a lousy "Knuckles is actually related to a group of echidnas from space who somehow survived Chaos destroying the species and now he has to fight the evil leader or join him, his choice that is made for him in the end".

Besides the fact, they took this from the Archie comics, he did get Chaotix.

TQ_NintyNoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 TQ_NintyNoE
Member since 2006 • 1672 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you;

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/297089

Now, the question is, will this float or sink with the fans?