Seems like less Sonic games this year...

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Compared to previous years it seems like there's less Sonic games coming out which isn't nessciarily a bad thing. It seemed like for the last five or six years we got about 4 or 5 Sonic games a year (of course that pales in comparison to the number of Mario games that come out in a year).

Still at the "All Things Sega Union" we've been in agreement that we think Sonic needs a break and the Sonic Team needs to sit down and think about the series. We like the Sonic games but I think we all agree they all have room for improvement whether it's long load times, some touchy controls or some gameplay elements that just aren't fun.

This year all we have is Sonic Riders 2 and Sonic Chroncles. I mean there's Brawl but that's Nintendo's project.

Of course none of the major game trade shows have happened yet and that's usually when new games are revealed and there's been rumors of the Sonic Team trying once more at a "Next Gen attempt." Let's hope if they try to make another "Sonic Adventure" type of game that this time they aren't being rushed by Sega to finish it in a certain amount of time. That's the biggest problem is Sonic games don't get delayed and though delays suck, they lead to better final products.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Agreed. It's time for the rest of the Sonic Team cast to take over! XD NiGHTS II turned out to be very decent (in my opinion), and if Gearbox Software screws Samba de Amigo up, well... They simply cannot lay waste to the maraca formula, or I shall hunt them down! >X-[ Also, we shouldn't forget about that Space Channel 5 rumor you mentioned at TNU.

Sonic, you're way past cool, but it's time to take a breather and allow other way past cool franchises to step up to the plate and take their swing at revival.

Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts
I concur. Sure, I'm disappointed that there won't be as many games out this year, but hopefully Sonic Team will come back better than ever and give us, as many of people have described, Sonic's 'Galaxy'.
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
It's for the better good anyone. Sega and Sonic Team have hopefully learned from their mistakes.
dandymarsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 dandymarsh
Member since 2003 • 958 Posts
I'd rather they'd pull a "Mario" and churn out better games at a slower rate. Shronicles will last me the first 2 quarters.
SonicBoom344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 SonicBoom344
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts
I'd even let them go back to one game a year like they used to. If they did Sonic 2 and 3-like quality.