Poll-Which Sonic Unleashed DLC did you like?

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

I haven't downloaded them yet, but I want to get an idea of what levels I want to try out first.

Apotos & Shamar: 0

Empire City and Adabat: 1

Spagonia: 0

Mazuri: 0

Holoska: 0

Chun-nan: 0

Don't have the Xbox/360 Versions: 3

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
I played the Wii version so I didn't have DLC and I already traded the game in a while back.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

paid DLC = fail

I don't support it.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I played the Wii version so I didn't have DLC and I already traded the game in a while back.kbaily
So did I too.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
As with the most of the people here I had the Wii versions, but unlike them I still have my copy for when I want to play a good ol' day stage.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kbaily

As with the most of the people here I had the Wii versions, but unlike them I still have my copy for when I want to play a good ol' day stage.kjhg53

After beating the game I did go back and play through all the speed stages again trying to ge that elusive S rank as well as I tend to be an entranced magpie when it comes to collecting all the goodies that unlock stuff.

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ZXPegasus_exe
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
Yo sonictrainer you may want to update the poll as Adabat and Empire Cuty DLC is out today. i may get it later on
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sonictrainer

I know!:D I have to go buy some points from Gamespot so I can download them. Then hopely I can update the guide.

LuigiRulze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 LuigiRulze
Member since 2009 • 847 Posts
I dunno
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonictrainer
The new Adabat levels win, hands down.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts
I have the PAL PS3 version so I believe only Holoska, Shamar, Chun-nan and Spagonia are available to me at the minute. I've only downloaded the Chun-nan pack so far the difficulty level is absolutely punishing. Only download them if you want a serious challenge.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonictrainer
I downloaded all of them.:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I downloaded all of them.:)sonictrainer

you've indeed spoken with your wallet.

what you've said to SEGA is that you're okay with paying full price for 3/4 of a game at retail then paying EXTRA to get the rest of it later.

I personally wouldn't want ANY publisher getting the impression that I'm okay with that kind of deal in any shape, form or fashion.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sonictrainer
and now I can enjoy what everyone else is talking about, fix the Art Book 40 Glitch, and add a DLC section to the Walkthrough I made for the game.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kbaily

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]I downloaded all of them.:)whoozwah

what you've said to SEGA is that you're okay with paying full price for 3/4 of a game at retail then paying EXTRA to get the rest of it later.

I personally wouldn't want ANY publisher getting the impression that I'm okay with that kind of deal in any shape, form or fashion.

I hate downloadable content because most of the time, it's stuff that should've been in the original game and like Microsoft charging $50 a year for something everyone else gets for free, or the fact you can pay to download original XB games when the console should've been backward compatable to begin with and now not only do you buy a game, but almost immediately after it's released, they're releasing downloadable content. I could understand, six months down the line, adding a few map packs for shooter that people are still playing. But I think most of us here, beat Sonic Unleashed and traded it back in.

Downloadable content is a ripoff people. Make developers finish their games properly instead of sucking more money out of you.

Avatar image for RidersInThe-Sky
RidersInThe-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 RidersInThe-Sky
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts
It wasn't worth the $55 that I paid for it, so why bother spending an extra $5 to stroke Sega's ego and polish a piece of crap?
Avatar image for RidersInThe-Sky
RidersInThe-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 RidersInThe-Sky
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]I downloaded all of them.:)kbaily

I hate downloadable content because most of the time, it's stuff that should've been in the original game and like Microsoft charging $50 a year for something everyone else gets for free, or the fact you can pay to download original XB games when the console should've been backward compatable to begin with and now not only do you buy a game, but almost immediately after it's released, they're releasing downloadable content. I could understand, six months down the line, adding a few map packs for shooter that people are still playing. But I think most of us here, beat Sonic Unleashed and traded it back in.

Downloadable content is a ripoff people. Make developers finish their games properly instead of sucking more money out of you.

DLC can be good when it adds to the experience like The Elder Scrolls 4: The Shivering Isles or Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned or even multi-player map packs. It only started to get stingy in 2007 when EA started charging people, not to receieve new content, but to unlock content that was already on the disk. And then there's of course, Guitar Hero Songs that are trumped by the release of another damn game within 9 months. There are always going to be money-grubbing companies looking to take advantage of these kind of situations but I say why complain if you don't have to pay for it.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonictrainer

I hate downloadable content because most of the time, it's stuff that should've been in the original game...

kbaily

I don't know. If they added these levels in the original game, it would have been awesome, but they're more of challenges and places to gain experience, extra lives, and rings. If they threw more collectible items in there or made it so that getting all S Rank would unlocked something, that would have been different.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
I actually side with whoozwah on the whole DLC thing. Either give it to us for free or include it with the game from the start. I pay you 40-60 dollars for a game, I expect it to be finished from the box.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kbaily

This just in regarding DLC for Sonic Unleashed: Apparently No one cares.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/28/more-sonic-unleashed-dlc-is-impossible-to-write-about?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_joystiq

Sega should've just delayed the game another few months and put all those day stages in to begin with.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
That's another reason they need to include more in the box and less in the DLC.