kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Anyone a little dissappointed that we didn't see any new things out of Sonic at E3?

I know in the past we complained about Sega making too many Sonic games but honestly the only Sonic game being showed off was this new racing game and Sega getting NASCAR all over it.

Sega is usually right behind Nintendo in making a Sonic game when they have a new console but no Sonic WiiU game.

And as I said I really hoped that Sonic might show up for Sony's fighting game though that is a long shot.

I don't know I thought Sega might have had something new from Sonic even if it was something a ways off.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
there should be 2 things in common for his low-attention 1.he does not have enough support for a single press conference to be made 2.his games display served less than any other strategic booths I feel bad for him,I supported him since the end of his 'nightmare' era
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

I don't even know if they're going to continue Chorincles The Dark Brotherhood.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

considering the tepid critical response Ep 2 got (rightly so) I don't see it getting another installment. Sonic can take a year off. Maybe 2. The series might be all the better for it.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Well, considering we got Sonic 4: Episode II recently and Sonic Generations came out last November, I think Sonic could use a little break. After all, like you said, we don't need to see Sonic too often, it's good to see a break here and there.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#6 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I don't even know if they're going to continue Chorincles The Dark Brotherhood.

white_kunoichi

I'm thinking probably not. The game only had so so sales and medocre reviews. I'm guess no which is a shame because I think a Sonic RPG has potential if it's done right. Personally I think an RPG would be a better format for a crossover with Mario or at least easier to develop than trying to conbine two totally different platforming gameplay types.

But it is a shame given Sonic's been on a hot streak lately with not all his game sucking. And at the same time for years many have said Sega needed to focus on quality over quantity and it's better to have one good game every year or so than cranking out a bunch of mediocre to bad games.

As I said my surprise was Sega NOT having a Sonic game for the WiiU launch or even within the first months. Right when the Wii was revealed Sega was already working on Sonic and the Secret Rings, and even with Kinect they had a game planned. They usually tend to be right on board with a game that tries to use new tech in an interesting way.

But my guess was originally they had an episode 3 planned but now they're rethinking that. Like I can't help but think that the point of Episode II's red rings was they were going to have another teaser reveal of Knuckles at the end but given they may or may not do an Ep III it got cut to avoid pissing everyone off like Valve did.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

All I know is, it's a nice change of pace, since this year we've been smothered by Mario. It seems Mario is taking Sonic's spot of being shoved down our throats, and honestly at this point his games are starting to drain on me. I mean we all know why Sonic 4 existed was mainly because of New Super Mario Bros., but I've never really been a fan of him aside from one or two games.

I play Sonic 4 because I love him more, and to be honest I always had more of a rush playing Sonic games than Mario games simply because I like Sonic's speed mechanic more than the same old typical platformer system. I like the gimmick so long as it doesn't screw with me or make me question why it was needed. After all, Classic Sonic was the gimmick, but everyone loved him.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
Sonic U lol
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

I guess it's kind of nice only having one upcoming game to think about at a time, and the fan in me approves of them taking their time.

The forum administrator in me says "great, now I'm actually going to have to WORK to drive activity...";)

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
RPG's enough activity for me, but others don't always play that, which makes it hard. I can see where you're coming from.
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts
I hope he doesnt take too much time off though, if Sonic and mario release dates syncronise, it's gonna be a while till we get another platformer from either of them.