The 7th Guest - was it a good or bad game?

Avatar image for network_champio
NETWORK_CHAMPIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NETWORK_CHAMPIO
Member since 2015 • 28 Posts

Hey everyone! This game goes a LOOONG way back. I've been thinking of it a lot recently, as a new Kickstarter campaign just opened up for a fan-made sequel, The 13th Doll. Here's the link in case you're interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64161490/the-13th-doll-a-fan-game-of-the-7th-guest .

Anyways, I'm a HUGE fan of this game, even though it had some incredibly frustrating puzzles and weird cutscenes. But I've also encountered a lot of people who say it's terrible. I don't know if they mean in the context of when it came out (1993), or today. I myself played it for the first time sometime around 2000, so it was dated at the time, but I still really enjoyed it. It was incredibly unique and atmospheric which can't be said about a lot of games today.

So ultimately, the question is, good or bad game?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I've never played the game but neither The 7th Guest or The 11th Hour look like they would have aged well to most people trying them today. Going by their following, I think the games are good but flawed and not for everyone. Eventually I might give them a shot myself during one of the GOG sales, but I have so many games to get around to that I'm not sure it will happen.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I have to agree these games do not age very well at all!