PSP Go. Is it worth a buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56374 Posts

I saw a PSP Go on sale at Gamestop for only $50 but I have a coupon that will get me $20 down on it but my question is, is it worth getting it? My PSP is still working good but I was thinking of getting a Go would be good as well. What's your recommendation on Go?

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

If you're already invested in digital then sure I guess. The hardware's kind of nice and novel, more so at a very low price. You'll need propriety M2 memory to expand it from 16GB to 32GB though (and that's as far as it goes I think.) Overall I still think the original models are better to have though. UMD games typically seem cheaper than digital in several cases and some major titles are missing entirely from PSN (Phantasy Star P2, Crisis core FF, KH:BBS.)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I would get another regular PSP.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

# A PSP GO for $30.00 is worth it. When the PSP GO was brand new it was $299.99 for only $50.00 you could buy a 320GB PS3 Slim. So the PSP go was not worth it back in the day. Now for $30.00 since you have a coupon the PSP go may be worth trying. I bought my PSP Go for $100.00 brand new since Sony discontinued this system.

The PSP Go ended up as my most used handheld gaming system due to it's compact size. I had enough digital PSP releases and PlayStation classics, PSminis so I ended up using the 16GB internal flash memory. So I added a extra 2GB M2 micro memory. Plus I was able to get all of the PSP Go extras such as the charge station, protective carry case and TV AV cables. for $5.00 each.

The PSP Go was Sony's failed all digital portable gaming system experiment. It wasn't worth the $299.99 price at launch since a regular PSP 3000 was $169.99 and not all of the PSP games were available since PSP Go didn't play UMD disc.

I found it worth while for $100.00 and I have 33 games on my PSP Go. So for only $30.00 it may be worthwhile for you to try it. Depending on how many digital games you own. The PSN store is still supported for PSP 1000.2000.3000 and the PSP Go. So get one and fill it up with games.

If Sony were to have made PSP Go able to use SD cards media like PSvita does it may have been a better idea sales wise. All digital wasn't the way to go for Sony. The PSP go failed as it was way expensive at launch. So $30.00 is worth checking out.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

get a vita, and get the downloaded games and play it on there.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56374 Posts

@Megavideogamer: @Exceed20XX: Okay thanks for your advice. I have decided that I'll skip the Go cause I do have a lot of UMD games for my original PSP and like I said, it still works okay and I'll just hold on to my PSP. Again thanks for the replies.

@n64dd Sorry but I have no interested buying a Vita and the memory cards prices are out of control.

To any Mods reading this, feel free to lock this thread and thanks.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Megavideogamer: @Exceed20XX: Okay thanks for your advice. I have decided that I'll skip the Go cause I do have a lot of UMD games for my original PSP and like I said, it still works okay and I'll just hold on to my PSP. Again thanks for the replies.

@n64dd Sorry but I have no interested buying a Vita and the memory cards prices are out of control.

lol no harm intended, was just thinking of different options.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@davillain- said:

Done.

Personal note, I would have advised the same thing regarding the Go. No UMD support = lame and that's probably a big part of why it failed so badly. I -would- recommend the Vita, though. So many good games for it and a 32GB card is $58 on Amazon.

-Byshop