DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56224 Posts

I always wanted to do one of these kind of threads were everyone can discuss Power Rangers oldies games like on SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, to the Wii ect. but not on Xbox 360/PS3 and beyond from that. [Handhelds are welcome but no 3DS/Vita] This is coming from a guy who enjoys watching Power Rangers back in the early 90's but also plays a handful of Power Rangers games, some good/bad but anyways, these are the Power Rangers games I played.

1. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers SNES
  2. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition SNES [Now that was my most well played Power Ranger game I played in my life, the best one on SNES]
  3. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Movie Sega Genesis [Hated that one]
  4. Power Rangers: Time Force Gameboy Advance
  5. Power Rangers: Dino Thunder Gamecube

As you can see, Dino Thunder was my last Power Ranger game and so with that, did you'll ever play any Power Rangers game?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21702 Posts

I was really into Mighty Morphin Power Rangers when I was a kid, and I used to try to buy as many of the toys as I could. As for the games, I loved the two on the Genesis, especially the first one (the Green Ranger was unbeatable in it). I also played the SNES one at my friend's house, but I didn't like it as much since it was one player only, and you had to be a regular teenager before morphing.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@davillain- said:

I always wanted to do one of these kind of threads were everyone can discuss Power Rangers oldies games like on SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, to the Wii ect. but not on Xbox 360/PS3 and beyond from that. [Handhelds are welcome but no 3DS/Vita] This is coming from a guy who enjoys watching Power Rangers back in the early 90's but also plays a handful of Power Rangers games, some good/bad but anyways, these are the Power Rangers games I played.

1. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers SNES
  2. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition SNES [Now that was my most well played Power Ranger game I played in my life, the best one on SNES]
  3. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Movie Sega Genesis [Hated that one]
  4. Power Rangers: Time Force Gameboy Advance
  5. Power Rangers: Dino Thunder Gamecube

As you can see, Dino Thunder was my last Power Ranger game and so with that, did you'll ever play any Power Rangers game?

So they are games about super heroes who are addicted to opiates?

No, I've never played any Power Rangers games.

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@Byshop: Mighty Mophine Power Rangers was actually a thing in the 90s for kids but the games were really fun to play on SNES/Sega Genesis. Power Rangers were so popular, game developers were making good Rnagers games. Like I said, I was addicted to the hit T.V show as a kid.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Mighty Morphin (as in to transform), not morphine (drug). And yes I played the one on the SNES. At the time I loved it. Me and my friends would take turns. But playing it now isn't as much fun...it's too easy. The music is awesome.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Byshop: Mighty Mophine Power Rangers was actually a thing in the 90s for kids but the games were really fun to play on SNES/Sega Genesis. Power Rangers were so popular, game developers were making good Rnagers games. Like I said, I was addicted to the hit T.V show as a kid.

As @SOedipus pointed out, that's the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Morphin' being short for Morphing meaning to change from one thing into another, versus Morphine (pronounced more-feen) which is an injectable drug used by drug addicts or by hospitals and medics as a powerful pain reliever. I was trying to point out that you accidentally hit upon an amusing spelling error.

I never really watched the show because I was a bit old for it by the time it became a thing, but I can appreciate their business model because it was freakin' brilliant. Pick up an old Japanese martial arts action show for next to nothing and then film some additional second-unit footage of American teenagers who are ostensibly the guys/gals in the suits from the original footage. Those guys made a killing on that show.

-Byshop

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@davillain- said:

1. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Movie Sega Genesis [Hated that one]

I liked that one myself, why did you hate it?

I've played:
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (SNES and Genesis, different games with same title, SNES is beat em' up and Genesis is fighter)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers the Movie (SNES/GEN, again they are different but both beat em' ups)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Fighting Edition for SNES

And one on the Wii, but I forget the title.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:
@davillain- said:
  1. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers: The Movie Sega Genesis [Hated that one]

I liked that one myself, why did you hate it?

It didn't follow the movie well. Most of the later levels were even not in the movies like as if they put some of the t.v scenes into the game. That as back then but it really bother me.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Ah OK, stuff like that never really bothered me if the game was fun.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Already had the original Power Rangers on the SNES,now I want to buy the movie one cause I remember playing it as well... Damn you OP!

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I had this one. It wasn't great, but lots of fan service.