Official retro pickup of the day thread!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

Okay, can't show them off right now, but I just added to my GameCube collection:

WWE: Day of Reckoning - Haven't been into wrestling for a LONG time, but am willing to give this one a shot as I still play WCW Mayhem on my 64 from time to time.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - Unfortunately, not with the case as I found the disc in a case for DBZ: Budokai (which I already own two copies of, one for PS2 PAL, the other for GameCube NTSC), but hey, the condition looked great. I'll look for an empty case with an insert though. Besides that, the more I looked into it, the more I'm glad I didn't get the PS2 version as it's multiplayer was compromised from the GC and XBOX versions.

For the Wii, I got Guitar Hero 5 and Red Steel 2.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Just got this :

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

@nintendoboy16 I loved Metal Arms: GitS. I need to pick up another copy sometime (lost mine).

I got the game boy case a little bit back. I really liked the NES/SNES megaman games so I figured I might like the DS collection. Joe & Mac I settled for since the 2nd one is pretty expensive.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Didn't get a ton from garage sales this weekend, but I did manage to find a copy of Destroy all Humans on the Xbox for $5, and a mint condition GTA Trilogy for Xbox and Qubed each for $1, plus a Tekken 6 X360 Hori controller with the T6 art book and controller instructions for $10, no game though ;\

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

@suicidesn0wman said:

Didn't get a ton from garage sales this weekend, but I did manage to find a copy of Destroy all Humans on the Xbox for $5, and a mint condition GTA Trilogy for Xbox and Qubed each for $1, plus a Tekken 6 X360 Hori controller with the T6 art book and controller instructions for $10, no game though ;\

DAH is good fun :)

I love hori controllers, just ordered a gamecube gameboy player hori pad (looks like snes controller). Would love to have an n64 hori pad, but they're currently too expensive.

A friend is bringing me a sony pvm in the next few days...going to try to sit down at some point and do a thorough comparison to an xrgb mini, should be fun!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

found a few things this weekend for about 15 bucks

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition - Xbox 360

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil - Xbox

D2 - Dreamcast

Ecco the Dolphin - Dreamcast

Crash Bandicoot Warped - PS1

Need for Speed II - PS1

Super Mario Advance -GBA

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

found a few things this weekend for about 15 bucks

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition - Xbox 360

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil - Xbox

D2 - Dreamcast

Ecco the Dolphin - Dreamcast

Crash Bandicoot Warped - PS1

Need for Speed II - PS1

Super Mario Advance -GBA

pics!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Flubbbs

i already have the Director's Cut and i never see these so i picked it up. Still looking for the long box version

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 N64DD

@Flubbbs said:

i already have the Director's Cut and i never see these so i picked it up. Still looking for the long box version

Very nice!

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 suicidesn0wman

I think I've spent enough money for the next month or two(though I doubt that'll stop me going back out for more). In addition to the FFXIV HW & TESO CE's I found RE 0 & 1, LOZ: Ocarina+Master Quest for GC and Smash Melee disc only at the goodwill($5 each except LOZ was $20), Killer 7 GoW 1 & 2 Ico and ChoroQ for $30, an SNES for my mom for $50, SR Re-elected + GAT for $20, Batman Ark Knight for $25, MSR on Dreamcast for $6, Sixteen OG Xbox games for about $75 and 3 OG Xbox Duke controllers for $15, about $500 total, though half of it was on the two CE's.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 raugutcon

@suicidesn0wman: very nice bunch of stuff you have there !

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 N64DD

@suicidesn0wman said:

I think I've spent enough money for the next month or two(though I doubt that'll stop me going back out for more). In addition to the FFXIV HW & TESO CE's I found RE 0 & 1, LOZ: Ocarina+Master Quest for GC and Smash Melee disc only at the goodwill($5 each except LOZ was $20), Killer 7 GoW 1 & 2 Ico and ChoroQ for $30, an SNES for my mom for $50, SR Re-elected + GAT for $20, Batman Ark Knight for $25, MSR on Dreamcast for $6, Sixteen OG Xbox games for about $75 and 3 OG Xbox Duke controllers for $15, about $500 total, though half of it was on the two CE's.

You got a little of everything! man GREAT FINDS! lol what is that dr pepper thing, is that a plate?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 suicidesn0wman

It's a metal sign, found it at the goodwill for $1, gonna hang it on the wall in the game room.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nintendoboy16

Again, no pics for now, but...

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GameCube)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (GameCube)

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (GameCube) - On it's way from an Amazon seller

Rock Band 2 (Wii)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 suicidesn0wman

@nintendoboy16: Bunch of GameCube games, you trying to collect them all? My current goal is to get every game released in the US on the OG Xbox, I figure it's attainable since the prices aren't too unreasonable yet, and there are only 999 of them.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 raugutcon

@suicidesn0wman said:

@nintendoboy16: Bunch of GameCube games, you trying to collect them all? My current goal is to get every game released in the US on the OG Xbox, I figure it's attainable since the prices aren't too unreasonable yet, and there are only 999 of them.

Look at it from the bright side, every time you get one you´re one game closer to your goal.

This retro collecting thing has bit me hard, I´m actually on of those persons that seldomly gets rid of his possessions, never threw away my PS1 and PS2 nor it´s games, neither did I threw away my NDS Lite ( my son "stole" my NDS ) , but collecting old stuff has become an enjoyable new hobby, now I have a Japanese GC, got 2 N64 ( an orange one and the DK jungle green one ) , have bought some games for my DK collection and I just purchased an original Xbox, should arrive today or no later than Wednesday, another real beauty I found. Pics soon !

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: That's how it started for me. I never threw away anything, turned around in the early 2000's and realized I still had my whole PS1 collection, still had my n64 & SNES games in their boxes, once I dug everything out of the closet I realized I already had like 15 systems and 700-800 games. The larger the collection grows the more I can't help myself, I just have to keep trying to find deals to grow my collection.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By raugutcon

@suicidesn0wman: I think looking for a game in particular and finding a deal on it is the most fun part, also, let´s not forget the suspense between the purchase and the arrival, it´s like Xmas when you get it ! not that retro but I got this one for 10 bucks.

It just needed a little cleaning.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: That's exactly how I felt when I found the LOZ: Master Quest bonus disc at the goodwill this weekend. Swapped the contents into a new GameCube case without all the sticker residue and you'd think I got the game brand new.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nintendoboy16

@suicidesn0wman said:

Well, not exactly "them all". But mostly the games I'm interested in and I generally don't care about getting the inferior version (some exceptions though and ONLY if they're REALLY major, like owning the console versions of Nightfire over PC due to the latter omitting single player content or getting Dragon Age: Origins on PC over consoles due to the control schemes of RPG's of that caliber), and GameCube is my favorite sixth gen console, if not overall console.

Crap, there are some Japanese imports I'd like to pick up one day for my GameCube because I have a FreeLoader disc.

Mannimarco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mannimarco
Member since 2015 • 41 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Just got this :

Loved that game when I had my GBA! Also, I did not get this today, maybe a week ago. I got a free NES with a bunch of games and 2 controllers and a orange zapper. It had the blinking red light syndrome but luckily I know a thing or two about electronics. I just boiled the 72 pin connecter in water for a few minutes. Thats one of the more extreme fixes I've tried.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By raugutcon

So it finally arrived today, it´s not perfect but I don´t think there are many out there like this one:

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: Looks like its in good shape to me, I think I'm going to have to buy one of those in the near future myself, though my first quest console wise will be the Panzer Orta Edition, then I'll get the Halo Edition.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By N64DD

@raugutcon said:

So it finally arrived today, it´s not perfect but I don´t think there are many out there like this one:

That's pretty legit.

a sealed one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Halo-Combat-Evolved-Special-Edition-Green-Original-Xbox-Console-Sealed-/281733696765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4198a30cfd

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 suicidesn0wman

@n64dd: If I had $800 to waste it'd be mine already!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 raugutcon

@n64dd: YIKES !!!!

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@raugutcon said:

@suicidesn0wman: I think looking for a game in particular and finding a deal on it is the most fun part, also, let´s not forget the suspense between the purchase and the arrival, it´s like Xmas when you get it ! not that retro but I got this one for 10 bucks.

It just needed a little cleaning.

Awesome game every bit as good as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 N64DD

Great pickups! Got these two today for a really really low price. Crappy pics because I was in a hurry.

Breath of Fire 2 mint, and Mega Man X in good condition.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 suicidesn0wman

@n64dd: I wish I could come across those games out on the hunt, so hard to find and I don't feel like paying $100 for MMX :(

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 raugutcon

New arrival, I don´t have a Super Famicon but I could´t resist the temptation, it´s for my DK collection.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nintendoboy16

Okay, time for pics:

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: Technically the import is playable on your US SNES, I doubt you'll want to do any damage to the system, so I'd recommend either buying an adapter, or you can do what I did. I had an old Game Genie that had some cosmetic damage, i took a file to the notches on the back piece and that functioned as an adapter perfectly. The chip inside the *** cart & US cart function exactly the same, the small notches on the back of the cart were the only 'region lock' they had on the system.

The adapters look to be about $30-50 on ebay, I saw a Game Genie for as low as $4.50. I can post a picture of mine if you would like to see it after work.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 raugutcon

@suicidesn0wman: Thanks but I'm not going to play it, it's going to be a display only game, found a japanese DK 64 complete in very good condition ( boxes ), complete paperwork and the cartridge is fine looking condition too, that one will arrive maybe by Friday or Saturday.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: lol, alright, well then step it up, get sealed copies. If I'm going to treat a game like that, I always get one for show and a second one for play. Though I'm crazy like that.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 raugutcon

@suicidesn0wman: You are not the only one, I'm in the same boat, actually I'm still two DK 64 too short

1 japanese for display

1 that came with the console ( has no box )

1 with box and

1 to play

Still have to find the boxed one in good condition, I've seen several but the box is not what I want for display.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 nintendoboy16

@suicidesn0wman said:

@raugutcon: Technically the import is playable on your US SNES, I doubt you'll want to do any damage to the system, so I'd recommend either buying an adapter, or you can do what I did. I had an old Game Genie that had some cosmetic damage, i took a file to the notches on the back piece and that functioned as an adapter perfectly. The chip inside the *** cart & US cart function exactly the same, the small notches on the back of the cart were the only 'region lock' they had on the system.

The adapters look to be about $30-50 on ebay, I saw a Game Genie for as low as $4.50. I can post a picture of mine if you would like to see it after work.

Same deal with a Japanese/US N64. However, using a Game Shark is far easier than Game Genie was on SNES.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By raugutcon

Newest arrival:

Now, time to hunt for a US version just for display with everything in neat condition and another one to play. Once I have achieved that I´ll begin looking for the SNES versions.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Flubbbs

newest finds.. Silent Hill from a thrift shop and WoW at my local Goodwill store.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 suicidesn0wman

@Flubbbs: That Silent Hill is a great find! I remember finding a copy once a long time ago, ended up giving it to a friend as a gift though since I had one already.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 N64DD

@suicidesn0wman said:

@raugutcon: lol, alright, well then step it up, get sealed copies. If I'm going to treat a game like that, I always get one for show and a second one for play. Though I'm crazy like that.

Don't start getting sealed stuff. You won't be able stop.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 raugutcon

@n64dd: No sealed stuff for me, I like to touch and look what´s inside the box.

Avatar image for goldenagegaming
GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#92 GoldenAgeGaming
Member since 2015 • 139 Posts

I picked up Polaris SnoCross on PS1 and also Splash Down on Original Xbox

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@coolgames92: When the mods finally take care of this post, can you delete this reply as well?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 raugutcon

Nobody purchased anything this week ?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: Hit my local resale shop this weekend, got a copy of MvC 2 on Xbox for $30, Mercenaries for $3, and an N64 with the see-thru smoke controller for $35. Gonna give the N64 to my mother for Xmas.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendoboy16

So far, this...

Ordered X-Men Legends I for the GC also from an Amazon seller as well.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By suicidesn0wman

Found a copy of Knuckles Chaotix for the 32x for $40 today, and a copy of .Hack: Infection for $4. Got about 15 other games, but those were the major pickups.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By suicidesn0wman

Did a little research on my pickups, as embarassing as it is to say, two of my pickups turned out to be good finds even though they are not games I would normally admit to buying. lol I got Barbie Horse Adventures Wild Horses and one of the HTF Spongebob games on the OG Xbox for $4 each, both avg $20-30 on ebay. I also picked up Breakdown, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, Nightcaster 2, Outrun 2, Red Ninja, Without Warning and Yager for the OG Xbox for another $45. Overall I now have about 330 of the 999 retail released games on the OG Xbox.

Edit: Put my OG Xbox games into the DB at VGCollect.com, apparently I have 361 of the 999 OG Xbox games

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By N64DD

Getting back into my sega stuff. I had newer genesis, but wanted the original, the one I had when I was a kid. Bought this one today, it is MINT. Going to start playing Phantasy Star IV tonight. @Renegade_Fury I think you'd appreciate this.

Pics of course.