Is America headed towards another civil war?

Avatar image for deactivated-609b1cfe23050
deactivated-609b1cfe23050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-609b1cfe23050
Member since 2021 • 320 Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/online-extremism-inauguration-capitol-invs/index.html

Seems like it. The same whackos that assaulted DC seem to want to launch another assault during Biden’s inauguration. But if these idiots think the majority are with them, they might be in for a rude awakening. It takes a minority to start it, but can a minority sustain it?

I will wait until the usual suspects call this fake news because of the source.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4388 Posts

@yessir said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/online-extremism-inauguration-capitol-invs/index.html

Seems like it. The same whackos that assaulted DC seem to want to launch another assault during Biden’s inauguration. But if these idiots think the majority are with them, they might be in for a rude awakening. It takes a minority to start it, but can a minority sustain it?

I will wait until the usual suspects call this fake news because of the source.

they already have. now claiming last video down by trump is a deep fake

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3542 Posts

In a way, yes, but on an extremely small scale where one side is severely outgunned and outnumbered. Whatever breaks out won't last very long.

And consider that at the end of the day, it's corporate interests that really run the country, something that disrupts profits won't be tolerated for long. Plus people can't pass up too many paychecks to go fight in a battle they may not even comeback from. Modern civilization isn't really setup for war in the same ways we've seen historically.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

good luck.

they're outnumbered 1000:1

take wednesday's riot as an example. there were thousands of people there and only a fraction of them took place in the rioting.

and the people who even participated in the general protest in the first place were the most susceptible to trump's bullshit that they'd put on their cosplay soldier outfits, get on a plane or a bus, and go down to DC in the first place.

if only a small fractions of already the fringe were even willing to get violent, they're fucked.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1856 Posts

Nope. There aren’t enough crazies out there to throw down against the government. What I suspect will happen is a multi-department crackdown on white supremacy and militia movements until they are either eradicated or totally pushed underground. Police agencies will likely begin to scrutinize social media posts of their officers to ferret out extremists in their own ranks. This normalization of hate groups is done.

I also suspect we will see a MASSIVE crackdown on social media companies who refuse to actively police misinformation campaigns being run on their platforms. Companies have began policing themselves already because they know what’s coming. Just this week alone look at what has happened. Parler was just delisted from the google store, Apple is likely to follow. Trump was just banned from twitter permanently and from Facebook until at least after the 20th. The age of unmoderated insanity is officially over.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

No. But I do hope Congress deals with the traitors in their midst.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

Don’t insult the concept of civil war.

They’ll easily be put down like the traitorous dogs they are, pathetically dying dressed in their ridiculous war paint and Viking costumes believing they’re sacrificing their lives for a righteous cause when in reality they’re delusional seditionists and will forever be remembered as such. Taken out by the National Guard, but not one deployed by the biggest traitor of them all.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I will say left leaning organizations are not making matters any better right now. Will that lead to an all out Civil War, I doubt it. I do think it is going to cause some crazy resistance and violence.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss said:

I will say left leaning organizations are not making matters any better right now. Will that lead to an all out Civil War, I doubt it. I do think it is going to cause some crazy resistance and violence.

If you wish to keep a democracy then you must guard it carefully. Those who instigated this must be dealt with to avoid a future insurrection. You cannot be weak on saving democracy.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

If you wish to keep a democracy then you must guard it carefully. Those who instigated this must be dealt with to avoid a future insurrection. You cannot be weak on saving democracy.

How this is being handled by the left leaning organizations is not the answer and they are not helping save our democracy. You think big corp cares about our democracy? That is almost laugh worthy if you think they do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

How this is being handled by the left leaning organizations is not the answer and they are not helping save our democracy. You think big corp cares about our democracy? That is almost laugh worthy if you think they do.

I'm not talking about big corp.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

@yessir: I think you would be interested in this short podcast series by Robert Evans. It's about whether another American Civil War could happen, and what it would look like if it did.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-it-could-happen-here-30717896/

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

@Xabiss said:

What is a "left-leaning" organization? Social media platforms that want to root out hateful and toxic rhetoric that led to incidents like this? Hell, they should have been true to their ToSes and gave this madness the boot a long time ago. There's not gonna be much democracy left if people keep radicalizing themselves with conspiracies

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44678 Posts

Not Americans, conservatives are supporting a violent insurrection, responsible Americans basically just have to stand back and hope authorities do their jobs... hope. Seems to me law enforcement refuses to take much action against armed white people, everybody is pointing out disparity of BLM protests to death, but I say not just that, look at that Bundy ranch standoff and then they took over the Oregon nature reserve with impunity, I don't think authorities know how to handle angry militant white supremacists.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: What are left leaning...are you serious? Facebook, twitter, cnn, msnbc, etc etc. Are all folks on the left this blinded?!?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

What is a "left-leaning" organization? Social media platforms that want to root out hateful and toxic rhetoric that led to incidents like this? Hell, they should have been true to their ToSes and gave this madness the boot a long time ago. There's not gonna be much democracy left if people keep radicalizing themselves with conspiracies

So is this okay then? She never received a ban for this and it is still posted today. HYPOCRITE!

I can go one and one with China tweets, Antifia Tweets, and other organizations that promoted violence but their twitter accounts are not being banned. Again not talking about Trump he got what he deserved so don't even bring that up.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss

@vfighter said:

@BenjaminBanklin: What are left leaning...are you serious? Facebook, twitter, cnn, msnbc, etc etc. Are all folks on the left this blinded?!?

ROFL it is laughable they cant see this, but it is nice to see the left supporting huge corporations they claim they are against.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Xabiss: It's mind boggling that I think he's honestly being legit, NO major media outlets output actual news anymore (fox included), and that's sad and frightening. Trump was attacked for everything they could think of and make up, Hillary was given a free pass as was Obama and I'm guessing Biden will be as well.

Let me be clear, Trump definitely deserved some of what he got, but any positives he did (and he did plenty) were brushed under the rug to make room for more false and fake accusations.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin

@vfighter said:

So, the usual line of suspects that are the boogeymen of the right because they won't feed into Q conspiracies and shit. Nice to see you turn on Facebook now as they've been feeding the far-right's horseshit for years until we got to this moment.

@Xabiss said:

So is this okay then? She never received a ban for this and it is still posted today. HYPOCRITE!

I can go one and one with China tweets, Antifia Tweets, and other organizations that promoted violence but their twitter accounts are not being banned. Again not talking about Trump he got what he deserved so don't even bring that up.

**** Kathy Griffin, she's not the president and certainly didn't storm the capitol in treason. All the acts advocating violence on Twitter need to get the boot. This is the fallout that happens when fucking Trumpers attack Washington DC to install a dictator. American conservatism has poisoned itself so deep with Trumpism that all that shit is getting purged now. Actions have consequences

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

No just Trump idiots being stupid

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@vfighter said:

So, the usual line of suspects that are the boogeymen of the right because they won't feed into Q conspiracies and shit. Nice to see you turn on Facebook now as they've been feeding the far-right's horseshit for years until we got to this moment.

@Xabiss said:

**** Kathy Griffin, she's not the president and certainly didn't storm the capitol in treason. All the acts advocating violence on Twitter need to get the boot. This is the fallout that happens when fucking Trumpers attack Washington DC to install a dictator. American conservatism has poisoned itself so deep with Trumpism that all that shit is getting purged now. Actions have consequences

Again I am not talking about Trump, how many damn times do I have to say this. There are tons of people being banned of off Twitter right now and other social platforms. If you think that attack on Washington had the power to do anything I laugh at you. Was it wrong hell yeah it was, but seriously it really did nothing and accomplished nothing.

So all the people that attacked Washington in the summer should have the same thing happen to them?

Seriously this is just becoming laughable. The hypocrisy in this thread is just overwhelming.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin

@vfighter said:

@Xabiss: It's mind boggling that I think he's honestly being legit, NO major media outlets output actual news anymore (fox included), and that's sad and frightening. Trump was attacked for everything they could think of and make up, Hillary was given a free pass as was Obama and I'm guessing Biden will be as well.

Let me be clear, Trump definitely deserved some of what he got, but any positives he did (and he did plenty) were brushed under the rug to make room for more false and fake accusations.

Attacked for what they could make up? Everything he was attacked for he did himself. And the final straw was making baseless claims that the election was stolen from him. He was inciting this shit before the election even started to delegitimize it. He had no intention of leaving office without screaming and kicking. That administration and it's followers are poison to the core, and why so many jumped off the ship throughout the term.

Give me a break. And the whole thing ends in insurrection, this will forever be a blight on American history.

Avatar image for deactivated-609b1cfe23050
deactivated-609b1cfe23050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-609b1cfe23050
Member since 2021 • 320 Posts

@Xabiss: Are you serious?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:

Again I am not talking about Trump, how many damn times do I have to say this. There are tons of people being banned of off Twitter right now and other social platforms. If you think that attack on Washington had the power to do anything I laugh at you. Was it wrong hell yeah it was, but seriously it really did nothing and accomplished nothing.

So all the people that attacked Washington in the summer should have the same thing happen to them?

Seriously this is just becoming laughable. The hypocrisy in this thread is just overwhelming.

Funny you're talking about hypocrisy when you're trying to both sides an attack on the executive branch on the federal government itself. Go talk to those hypocrites that won't own up to what happened and are still trying to blame Antifa. **** Parler Nazis and any insurgent wannabe that took place in this.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@yessir: Perhaps not imminently but if the US is increasingly polarised then it’s not an impossibility for the country to split.

It may seem like that will never happen but countries and borders are not as strong as you may think.

There is is long history of countries splitting up and I don’t think the US is immune to this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@kadin_kai said:

@yessir: Perhaps not imminently but if the US is increasingly polarised then it’s not an impossibility for the country to split.

It may seem like that will never happen but countries and borders are not as strong as you may think.

There is is long history of countries splitting up and I don’t think the US is immune to this.

Not going to happen and as trumpism dies out it will settle down. However, the GOP needs to work together with the Democrats to help the American people and not the wealthy. We cannot keep going down that road.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kadin_Kai

@LJS9502_basic: I wouldn’t be so sure of that.

The US was already highly divided prior to the Trump era. It is probably one of the most divided nations in the G20.

Moreover, with growing inequality in the US, some states may find it economically beneficial to separate.

There isn’t anything special about the US which makes it immune to fragmenting.

If anything, the two party system, systemic inequalities and racism, polarised political beliefs, the system of differing state laws, the fact that Americans identify themselves back to their ancestral roots makes it entirely possible.

And a history of civil war, makes the US entirely possible to fragment.

Unless of course your crystal ball is telling you something.

But of course you’re entitled to your opinion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@kadin_kai said:

@LJS9502_basic: I wouldn’t be so sure of that.

The US was already highly divided prior to the Trump era. It is probably one of the most divided nations in the G20.

Moreover, with growing inequality in the US, some states may find it economically beneficial to separate.

There isn’t anything special about the US which makes it immune to fragmenting.

If anything, the two party system, systemic inequalities and racism, polarised political beliefs, the system of differing state laws, the fact that Americans identify themselves back to their ancestral roots makes it entirely possible.

And a history of civil war, makes the US entirely possible to fragment.

Unless of course your crystal ball is telling you something.

But of course you’re entitled to your opinion.

I'll file that where it belongs. From someone making assumptions about what they haven't experienced.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kadin_Kai

@LJS9502_basic: That’s right, I’ve not seen the future, but obviously your crystal ball is all telling, since you don’t make any assumptions and know the future.

I’ll file that in the, “special case folder.”

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@kadin_kai said:

@LJS9502_basic: That’s right, I’ve not seen the future, but obviously your crystal ball is all telling, since you don’t make any assumptions and know the future.

I’ll file that in the, “special case folder.”

I wasn't referring to the future.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58498 Posts

lol no

Trump got a lot of votes in this election, but the majority of those are just lifetime GOP voters, not actual Trump supporters; just because you don't say anything negative about your presidential candidate doesn't mean you inherently support him.

I think we will see some flareups, a lot more domestic terrorism, but ultimately little in terms of the big picture.

Definitely no civil war.

Besides, we already had ours, and not all that long ago, all things considered.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

I agree, but the problem with that is you risk martyring those fools, which in turn makes people even more extreme.

Conservatism led to the Tea Party, Tea Party led to far-right politicians, far-right politicians led to Trump and the Cult of Trump....what's next? I don't think we've reached the extreme yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44678 Posts

Not a civil war, deranged Republicans that are dangerously armed and suffering from a serious case of white privilege and victim complex.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Listen to the wise words of American philosopher Axel Rose.

Anyway, it appears that not only intolerance between left and right has grown but also the amount of people who fell to the extremes, with ramifications within the military and politics. Add to this one of the sides having a personality cult going on, I would say the US is reaching a critical point.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

so some numbskull is going to take up arms against......twitter?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

Civil war? No. Only about 1 in 5 Americans have shown any support for the Capitol rioters, and of those 20% I'd guess maybe 1% are going to be willing to contribute to violence themselves.

What we are seeing the start of is violent alt-right domestic terrorism, likely on scales larger than mass shootings of years prior to 2020. But Y'all Qaeda is too pathetic to qualify as a civil war.

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 325 Posts

@Vaasman: The worst you might get is another Timothy McVeigh.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1856 Posts

@Xabiss: “Big Corp” does care about democracy, which is why they are all headquartered here and not in Turkey or Venezuela where taxes are lower but private property rights don’t exist.

Fortune 500 cares about economic, social, and political stability. Without that you see capital flight, currency devaluation, and ultimately economic collapse.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

yup... and only one side is trying to make sure it happens: Far-Right Extremists

this isn't my opinion. if you got a question, ask the FBI:

"Boogaloo movement supporters believe an impending insurgency against the government is forthcoming and some believe they should accelerate the timeline with armed, anti-government actions leading to a civil war,” explained the alert issued by the FBI Minneapolis field office in December."

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

I don't expect a civil war. I also don't expect a quick and clean resolution. I think we're entering an age in America where domestic terrorism becomes more and more frequent, especially against government facilities.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

If media doesn’t change their approach to reporting the news civil war can easily happen in usa News channel and social media need to be accountable for not reporting accurate news just look at fox news

Avatar image for FrKnPuertoRican
FrKnPuertoRican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FrKnPuertoRican
Member since 2003 • 3005 Posts

I really believe that people are too lazy for a civil war in this country.