Backing off on a campaign promise, President Trump keeps DACA in place, for now. Are you glad that it is still in place?

• 92 results
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Backing off on a campaign promise, President Trump keeps DACA in place, for now. Are you glad that it is still in place? (21 votes)

Yes, the people covered by it came here when they were young and should be given a chance to stay. 71%
No, they need to get in line like everyone else that wants to come legally. 29%

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/politics/daca-dreamers-donald-trump-both-ways/

In a reversal from one of his promises to end what he said was an illegal overreach of President Obama's authority, President Trump is keeping the DACA program in place for now.

The program allows illegal aliens that were bought here as children to stay in place, shielding them from deportation and allowing them to seek employment.

Repealing the program was one of the biggest fears people that were undocumented had since Trump won the election. While the program will stay in place for now, immigration forces have more authority to deport people that broke the law to include people under DACA.

Thoughts? Do you think that it is a good thing he is keeping the program, or do you think that it should have gone away? Keep in mind that DACA does not make you legal, it just makes you much less likely to be deported.

• 
Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@killered3

Add the word unjust to your comments and I'd agree. If your house were being invaded or property being trespassed you'd expect the law to fix the problem and I am skeptical you'd support and praise anyone who didn't want the law to its job.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

TBH I just don't care if illegal immigrants are: here illegally, attend our schools, use our resources, be apart of our society, etc. The big wallstreet banks ruined our economy- not illegal immigrants. Sure, I want people to pay taxes and contribute, but a path to citizenship is just the sane reasoning IMO. Now we want to ship out kids? Stop it, guys. How about we focus on eliminating citizen's united and other big money bullshit. I just don't get the immigrant thing.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#53  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Solaryellow:

I wouldn't kick 'em out if they wanted to help make my life easier. Trespassing is one thing, but there are subtle benefits that out weigh the whole "breaking our sovereignty" shtick that keeps getting tossed around. What has our sovereignty ever done for me? Can it cook? Can it clean? Can it work minimum wage jobbers nobody wants? Does it kill you every time it's broken?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@Shmiity said:

TBH I just don't care if illegal immigrants are: here illegally, attend our schools, use our resources, be apart of our society, etc. The big wallstreet banks ruined our economy- not illegal immigrants. Sure, I want people to pay taxes and contribute, but a path to citizenship is just the sane reasoning IMO. Now we want to ship out kids? Stop it, guys. How about we focus on eliminating citizen's united and other big money bullshit. I just don't get the immigrant thing.

Citizens United benefits all parties, not just one.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#55 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

Yeah, it needs to go.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

just 2 parties, really

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WhiteKnight77

@Shmiity said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

Yeah, it needs to go.

You will not get an argument about that from me. All companies, unions, churches or special interest groups should be banned from donating to any campaign and the $2500 limit enforced. Any campaign would need to record all donations and refund the difference back to those who donated more than the allowable limits.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WhiteKnight77

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

just 2 parties, really

If a 3rd (Libertarian) or 4th (Green) party can find corporations to donate, it benefits them too would you not agree?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PurpleMan5000

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

just 2 parties, really

If a 3rd (Libertarian) or 4th (Green) party can find corporations to donate, it benefits them too would you not agree?

They would need to find a ton of corporations for it to become a net benefit, rather than a hindrance. It's hard to get big donations when you have such a low chance of winning.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Solaryellow

@killered3 said:

@Solaryellow:

I wouldn't kick 'em out if they wanted to help make my life easier. Trespassing is one thing, but there are subtle benefits that out weigh the whole "breaking our sovereignty" shtick that keeps getting tossed around. What has our sovereignty ever done for me? Can it cook? Can it clean? Can it work minimum wage jobbers nobody wants? Does it kill you every time it's broken?

Right buddy. Peddle that snake oil to someone else. I doubt you'd be receptive if you opened your door and say strangers in your living room. Contrary to popular belief, illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

Thank for the clarification. Basically you are saying it's a crime to come here illegally. But once they're here- HEY enjoy your stay?-

No, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that as big as the US government is it still operates on limited resources. Resources that are collected via taxes that Trump wants to cut.

Reading about Trump's immigration enforcement plan, it is going to need a lot more manpower and money to operate. Do the benefits really pay off? I haven't seen anything to indicate it will. Combined with the fact that Trump's incoming tax plan is going to cut a lot of the government's revenue, there just isn't enough money to pull of his enforcement plan without going even deeper into deficit spending.

Obama got the right idea by prioritizing the "bad ones" because he knows resources and manpower are limited and you need to have priorities and guidelines.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nepu7supastar7

@Solaryellow:

It's not exactly something that should keep you up at night either. My tax money goes to criminals regardless. Do you think the government would lower taxes just because illegals aren't around like as if they give two shits about you? Nope. Taxpayers are never safe and illegals aren't the problem either, it's just the way the country runs. I'm sure they must love you buying into their bullshit scapegoats.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Solaryellow

@killered3 said:

@Solaryellow:

It's not exactly something that should keep you up at night either. My tax money goes to criminals regardless. Do you think the government would lower taxes just because illegals aren't around like as if they give two shits about you? Nope. Taxpayers are never safe and illegals aren't the problem either, it's just the way the country runs. I'm sure they must love you buying into their bullshit scapegoats.

WTF are you doing talking about taxes?

An illegal was arrested yesterday in my area for video taping women as they went to the bathroom. What a swell guy! He ran. They found him and now ICE is involved. You've said a lot when claiming those who don't want illegal aliens arrested were heroic. Wait. You didn't go that far but you did sing their praises. Thankfully ICE and HS are addressing the problem.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WhiteKnight77

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Shmiity said:

just 2 parties, really

They would need to find a ton of corporations for it to become a net benefit, rather than a hindrance. It's hard to get big donations when you have such a low chance of winning.

So how could even just one corporation's donations hinder a campaign? The person could use such to point to the fact that they have big money backing them to quite possibly garner even more.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@Solaryellow:

They won't get far as long as we keep pushing boundaries against ICE.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PurpleMan5000

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

just 2 parties, really

So how could even just one corporation's donations hinder a campaign? The person could use such to point to the fact that they have big money backing them to quite possibly garner even more.

It's all relative. If the other campaigns can't raise as much money, yours doesn't need as much to be competitive. It doesn't matter if somebody donates a 3rd party candidate $1 million if that candidate is still hundreds of millions behind.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@horgen said:

The people it is supposed to cover. Anyone under 18 when they came to US?

Edit: I don't have the biggest issue with it really. It seems it won't stop the authorities from deporting those who choose to commit crimes.

I pointed this out in a different immigration thread, but DACA applicants are undocumented people who's parents brought them over when they were kids who in most cases have basically been here for pretty much their whole lives, but recognize that they are undocumented to they went out of their way to register with the government to do the right thing as best they can by getting social security numbers, jobs, government IDs/licenses, etc. In doing that, they had to trust the government that they aren't just going to use DACA as a list of people to deport because they trusted the government enough to give them all their info. These are tax payers, and if you screw up by committing crimes then your DACA status gets revoked so it's not a "get out of jail free" card. These people are working towards citizenship, but the path to get there is so long and ridiculous that it can take over a decade in some cases. To take someone who's culturally American and deport them to a different country (where they also don't have citizenship) just because they weren't technically born here is pretty jacked up.

If Trump were to go after the undocumented who went out of their way to get documented so they could contribute to society like any other citizen just because they are easy to find, that would have been an incredibly big dick move so I give the guy props for bending on this one. Doesn't mean I like Trump or most of what he's doing, but he got this one right at least.

-Byshop

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@Solaryellow:

I dunno why but most arguments I've seen go to talking about illegals living on taxpayer money. I don't know how I got to that though. It's been sort of a long day for me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178813 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@sayyy-gaa said:

Thank for the clarification. Basically you are saying it's a crime to come here illegally. But once they're here- HEY enjoy your stay?-

No, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that as big as the US government is it still operates on limited resources. Resources that are collected via taxes that Trump wants to cut.

Reading about Trump's immigration enforcement plan, it is going to need a lot more manpower and money to operate. Do the benefits really pay off? I haven't seen anything to indicate it will. Combined with the fact that Trump's incoming tax plan is going to cut a lot of the government's revenue, there just isn't enough money to pull of his enforcement plan without going even deeper into deficit spending.

Obama got the right idea by prioritizing the "bad ones" because he knows resources and manpower are limited and you need to have priorities and guidelines.

The more of Trump's plans I see the more I understand why his businesses fail.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#70 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@Quicksilver128: that's not even the same thing. Drug Lords have the money to get visa or residency by bribing. He came legally while those young people being placed in DACA were smuggled when they were fucking babies or kids and early teens. Had to pay a lot of money to cross illegally and don't even remember the country they came from. They're incorporated into the American culture.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

Of course we should allow children who didn't choose to come here to stay in the country, but we should incentivize self-deportation by deporting their parents. It's the carrot of ripping families apart that will get them to choose to leave.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16519 Posts

I voted deport but on second thought it's not easy or simple to deport people who came here as kids and only know what it is like to be American and have never experienced life anywhere else. They should be given a path to citizens but only after the birth right citizenship clause is removed. Going forward anyone crossing illegally should be immediately deported back after their claims are reviewed. .

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@killered3 said:

@Solaryellow:

WTF are you doing talking about taxes?

An illegal was arrested yesterday in my area for video taping women as they went to the bathroom. What a swell guy! He ran. They found him and now ICE is involved. You've said a lot when claiming those who don't want illegal aliens arrested were heroic. Wait. You didn't go that far but you did sing their praises. Thankfully ICE and HS are addressing the problem.

If a citizen did it, would it be better?

The kids under DACA are working to complete their education while living in the US for a long period of time all the while attempting to obtain citizenship. They're doing more than some American-born citizens are in their lifetime.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Drunk_PI
@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:

Such fascists such as yourself would be thrilled.

The last time we tried to help our own countrymen, it's always stymied by Republicans who would rather benefit their corporate shareholders. Stop kidding yourself. You don't care about the poor and the needy nor do you really care about Veterans. You're just a shill who's scared of brown people.

Supporting the enforcement makes one a fascist? What does that make someone who doesn't want laws enforced? An anarchist? Perhaps a coward?

Supporting Law enforcement =/= supporting big government.

As I said, you're just a fascist who's scared of brown people. The only coward is you. You don't have the balls to go out there, enforce immigration laws, and separate families. It's easy to talk the walk until you do it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

@Serraph105 said:

Of course we should allow children who didn't choose to come here to stay in the country, but we should incentivize self-deportation by deporting their parents. It's the carrot of ripping families apart that will get them to choose to leave.

That's actually horrible.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:

As I said, you're just a fascist who's scared of brown people. The only coward is you. You don't have the balls to go out there, enforce immigration laws, and separate families. It's easy to talk the walk until you do it.

Not only are you a coward, you are pathetic to the point of coddling, harboring and protecting undesirables rather than your own people. When do you blame the actions of the illegal for the separation of their "precious" families? Blame the government for enforcing laws but don't dare place the blame where it is rightfully deserved, right? Have you always been yellow or did a time exist when you had integrity?

BTW, I wonder how many illegals are going to sleep tonight (or unable to sleep) wondering when ICE is coming for them. I hope it is many. I know I'll sleep well tonight.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:

Not only are you a coward, you are pathetic to the point of coddling, harboring and protecting undesirables rather than your own people. When do you blame the actions of the illegal for the separation of their "precious" families? Blame the government for enforcing laws but don't dare place the blame where it is rightfully deserved, right? Have you always been yellow or did a time exist when you had integrity?

BTW, I wonder how many illegals are going to sleep tonight (or unable to sleep) wondering when ICE is coming for them. I hope it is many. I know I'll sleep well tonight.

Undesirables? I heard that type of language when they were killing the Jews, the Armenians, the Bosnian Muslims and the Tutsis. They're people who are living the American dream and working their asses off to get citizenship.

You're definitely the epitome of cowardice. You're happy that families are going to be ripped apart? Only cowards find joy in it.

Again, go ahead and do it. Go ahead and rip families apart. First you came for the illegals, then it was the Muslims, then it's the Jews, the Democrats and so on. You're nothing more than an anti-american scum.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:

Undesirables? I heard that type of language when they were killing the Jews, the Armenians, the Bosnian Muslims and the Tutsis. They're people who are living the American dream and working their asses off to get citizenship.

You're definitely the epitome of cowardice. You're happy that families are going to be ripped apart? Only cowards find joy in it.

Again, go ahead and do it. Go ahead and rip families apart. First you came for the illegals, then it was the Muslims, then it's the Jews, the Democrats and so on. You're nothing more than an anti-american scum.

You were pathetic in other discussions when comparing the removal of illegal aliens with actual MURDER of citizens (both in Germany and elsewhere) who happened to be Jewish and you are even worse since you keep trumpeting such nonsense but I realize you lack any substance and defense so the next recourse is to focus on emotions.

Illegals put themselves in such situations but they are not at fault according to people of your ideology.

Maybe the consulates can start providing anti anxiety meds for these people? They're gonna need it!

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:

You were pathetic in other discussions when comparing the removal of illegal aliens with actual MURDER of citizens (both in Germany and elsewhere) who happened to be Jewish and you are even worse since you keep trumpeting such nonsense but I realize you lack any substance and defense so the next recourse is to focus on emotions.

Illegals put themselves in such situations but they are not at fault according to people of your ideology.

Maybe the consulates can start providing anti anxiety meds for these people? They're gonna need it!

It didn't start with murder. It started by removing rights. Then started by diminishing them as if they weren't humans (or "undesirables" as you say). Then deportations. Then labor camps. Finally exterminations. Learn your history or is it too hard to read a book with facts?

There is no substance in your arguments. Just cowardice and fear because you don't have the galls to go out and deport the people yourself. You're the most emotional coward I have ever seen.

As other posters have posted facts, you post fear and irrationality and ignore them in order to maintain your sense of stupidity.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Solaryellow

Removing rights from citizens is what the Nazi's did. Illegals are not citizens so any such compo is off base.

Good work President Trump. Remove the undesirables!

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:

Removing rights from citizens is what the Nazi's did. Illegals are not citizens so any such compo is off base.

They do have rights: LINK Read the article and read the decisions.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Any person: Citizen or non-citizen.

You would praise your fuhrer as he continues to dismantle freedom of the press and allow private prisons to reign. You're pathetic and an embarrassment to this country. You're not an American. You're just a pretender. A fake. A farce pretending to care about freedom.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Solaryellow

Knowing he is getting under the skin of precious snowflakes like you makes his victory like the cherry on a sundae.

Illegals now have the right to be in America?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:

Knowing he is getting under the skin of precious snowflakes like you makes his victory like the cherry on a sundae.

Illegals now have the right to be in America?

Knowing I'm getting under your skin is the cherry on my sundae. ;) It's also sprinkled with snowflakes. How nice.

According to federal courts and the supreme court, it has been ruled that illegal citizens have the same rights in due process and so on except for voting, owning a gun, and holding office. These aren't my words. These are the words of federal justices who have interpreted the Constitution. These are the words of the Constitution.

Again, I suggest reading the article and the decisions made my the justices.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:

Did he give you the plane ticket yet? His seat is next to yours.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Solaryellow

If illegals had a right to be here, we wouldn't have immigration laws, deportation, ICE, border patrol, etc.., If they had a right to be here, they wouldn't be illegal.

I'm almost ready to ask if I could send you some kleenex and tampons but that might be construed as being nice and we both don't want that.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:

If illegals had a right to be here, we wouldn't have immigration laws, deportation, ICE, border patrol, etc.., If they had a right to be here, they wouldn't be illegal.

I'm almost ready to ask if I could send you some kleenex and tampons but that might be construed as being nice and we both don't want that.

Loading Video...

Shhhh.. no tears now. Only dreams. ;)

It's okay little boy. No need to be upset. The facts won't hurt you no more.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:
@Solaryellow said:

Raise or call?

Loading Video...

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Solaryellow said:

Raise or call?

Loading Video...

I chuckled.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

That's actually horrible.

Yes I'm, I'm totally aware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

They're illegal, there's a penalty for committing a crime.

If Trump can get elected illegally with the help of his Russian cronies, then a kid who wants to make America great should be given the opportunity to educate himself/herself and give to this country.

Quite frankly, most illegal aliens in this country are working harder and striving to benefit this country more so than Trumpettes.

Show me that data.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 WhiteKnight77

The only right an illegal alien has is to due process, nothing more, nothing less.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#92 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41491 Posts

And despite it staying, a Dreamer is detained.