Backing off on a campaign promise, President Trump keeps DACA in place, for now. Are you glad that it is still in place?

• 92 results
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Backing off on a campaign promise, President Trump keeps DACA in place, for now. Are you glad that it is still in place? (21 votes)

Yes, the people covered by it came here when they were young and should be given a chance to stay. 71%
No, they need to get in line like everyone else that wants to come legally. 29%

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/politics/daca-dreamers-donald-trump-both-ways/

In a reversal from one of his promises to end what he said was an illegal overreach of President Obama's authority, President Trump is keeping the DACA program in place for now.

The program allows illegal aliens that were bought here as children to stay in place, shielding them from deportation and allowing them to seek employment.

Repealing the program was one of the biggest fears people that were undocumented had since Trump won the election. While the program will stay in place for now, immigration forces have more authority to deport people that broke the law to include people under DACA.

Thoughts? Do you think that it is a good thing he is keeping the program, or do you think that it should have gone away? Keep in mind that DACA does not make you legal, it just makes you much less likely to be deported.

• 
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

This is going to make a lot of racists mad. So it's good in my book.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I don't like it.

They're illegal, there's a penalty for committing a crime.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

If Trump can get elected illegally with the help of his Russian cronies, then a kid who wants to make America great should be given the opportunity to educate himself/herself and give to this country.

Quite frankly, most illegal aliens in this country are working harder and striving to benefit this country more so than Trumpettes.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

As long as they aren't causing trouble, let em stay. Many of these people don't remember their "home" countries and would have no place to go. Plus, they pay taxes. A lot of our citizens can't even make that claim.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

If Trump can get elected illegally with the help of his Russian cronies, then a kid who wants to make America great should be given the opportunity to educate himself/herself and give to this country.

Quite frankly, most illegal aliens in this country are working harder and striving to benefit this country more so than Trumpettes.

They're committing crimes. One person committing crimes doesn't make it ok for someone else to.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

They're committing crimes. One person committing crimes doesn't make it ok for someone else to.

As long as he's rich and has a band of dumbasses following him, it's ok.

Honestly, no one cares. A kid getting an education is preferable over a Russian-backed Trump, "legalized" bribery, and "legalized" pollution of our environment.

Your priorities are messed up. Kids are a threat but that pollution hitting your brain isn't? lulz.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Send them away eventually. Its a loophole in the system that criminals try to exploit. El chapo brought his wife over to america when she was pregnant so his daughter could be a US citizen.

Dont reward people for comitting a crime.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

As long as he's rich and has a band of dumbasses following him, it's ok.

Honestly, no one cares. A kid getting an education is preferable over a Russian-backed Trump, "legalized" bribery, and "legalized" pollution of our environment.

Your priorities are messed up. Kids are a threat but that pollution hitting your brain isn't? lulz.

If somebody breaks the law, the law should be enforced. Sorry you don't like laws or order. Maybe you should move to Iran.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

t? lulz.

If somebody breaks the law, the law should be enforced. Sorry you don't like laws or order. Maybe you should move to Iran.

It's against the law in some states to give blowjobs. Should LE enforce the law?

lol no one cares except for cuckservatives such as yourself. Move to Russia where the media doesn't criticize their dear leader and the rich shit on the poor.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

t? lulz.

It's against the law in some states to give blowjobs. Should LE enforce the law?

lol no one cares except for cuckservatives such as yourself. Move to Russia where the media doesn't criticize their dear leader and the rich shit on the poor.

You're a bit unhinged. You might want to take a break from politics for awhile.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

t? lulz.

You're a bit unhinged. You might want to take a break from politics for awhile.

Sidetracking. Typical from Trumpettes. I don't care about kids getting an education but obviously this is a trigger for you. Even when there is dark money in these elections, Trump's insane EOs, and his appointments who have done illegal or questionable things, kids getting an education is the problem?

You need mental help.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N64DD

@drunk_pi: I just don't support illegal immigration and neither do the laws in every state in our country. Seriously, go have a beer and calm down.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

@drunk_pi: I just don't support illegal immigration and neither do the laws in every state in our country. Seriously, go have a beer and calm down.

No one cares if you don't support illegal immigration because almost everyone opposes it. The issue is whether or not we're going to use our resources to expel children who are learning who were never at fault to begin with. The issue is when there are massive deportations in that now law enforcement can't work with the immigrant communities in outing out potentially dangerous criminals -legal or illegal such as the case when a woman was deported because her abusive husband reported her after she called the police for domestic abuse.

Clearly you lack the ability to think of the consequences because those "illegal immigrants" are the problem. It's a scapegoat convenient for Trumpettes instead of taking responsibility for your own actions and realizing that your undoing is because you support candidates that want to take away social programs to help the poor and middle class, education, and the such. And when you live in that poverty you built for yourselves, your dear leader blames the Muslims and the immigrants and the poor people and the cycle continues. You're brainwashed and you don't even know it.

If the law is the law, would you tell MLK to **** off when he protested against Jim Crow? Jim Crow was law ya' know and obviously you would.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD

@drunk_pi: Kids should be deported with their parents. No more anchor babies.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Lawrence v Texas made invalid all laws against consensual sodomy in the United States.

Several states, as well as the military still have laws against consensual sodomy on the books, but they are unenforceable.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

If they were born here, they're citizens. Your opinion and bigotry is invalid.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N64DD

@drunk_pi: I didn't know illegal immigrants were a race.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

You're pathetic. Deflecting arguments but can't justify your worthless opinion. How typical of Trumpettes.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

You're pathetic. Deflecting arguments but can't justify your worthless opinion. How typical of Trumpettes.

I'm sorry, did your attempt at name calling get called out because it didn't make sense at all? We have illegal immigrants from multiple countries and multiple races, and religious backgrounds. Try to engage in a conversation without resorting using quips like bigotry, racism, misogynistic, islamophobia, trumpettes, republicants, democraps, any of it. You might get taken more seriously.

Your ideal of morality and social justice is when the family get ripped apart we should educate the kids, instead of just amending a law that's only being exploited now(the law was put into place because of war), and send the child back with the family.

You could also get rid of the law relating to illegal immigration, but you know that's insane. If you don't, we really don't have a conversation.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

The crime they are committing isn't really a big deal, though. It's not like they are hurting anybody.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

Send them away eventually. Its a loophole in the system that criminals try to exploit. El chapo brought his wife over to america when she was pregnant so his daughter could be a US citizen.

Dont reward people for comitting a crime.

Eh if they've been here a long time....make them citizens.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

t? lulz.

A sexual act compared with violating our sovereignty? Just when I think the left has hit rock bottom when it comes to being pathetic...............

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

I'm sorry, did your attempt at name calling get called out because it didn't make sense at all? We have illegal immigrants from multiple countries and multiple races, and religious backgrounds. Try to engage in a conversation without resorting using quips like bigotry, racism, misogynistic, islamophobia, trumpettes, republicants, democraps, any of it. You might get taken more seriously.

Your ideal of morality and social justice is when the family get ripped apart we should educate the kids, instead of just amending a law that's only being exploited now(the law was put into place because of war), and send the child back with the family.

You could also get rid of the law relating to illegal immigration, but you know that's insane. If you don't, we really don't have a conversation.

Numerous times have we tried to fix our immigration process only to have it hampered by Republicans. There is no serious conversation to be had because the GOP doesn't care because their rhetoric relies on blaming immigrants and illegal immigrants to justify policies that are counterproductive and even tyrannical (i.e. Arizona's ID laws). The fact is that it can be discriminatory because guess what? Most illegal immigrants are Hispanics and Hispanics living in the south would most likely be singled out regardless if their citizens or not.

My idea of morality is not ripping families apart because at the end of the day, we're causing more problems than solutions. Even law enforcement in the south don't want ICE in their communities because it will disrupt local LE in taking care of actual problems.

@Solaryellow said:

A sexual act compared with violating our sovereignty? Just when I think the left has hit rock bottom when it comes to being pathetic...............

The day you give a damn about Russia's influence on Trump and the elections is the day I'll ever take you seriously.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

Numerous times have we tried to fix our immigration process only to have it hampered by Republicans. There is no serious conversation to be had because the GOP doesn't care because their rhetoric relies on blaming immigrants and illegal immigrants to justify policies that are counterproductive and even tyrannical (i.e. Arizona's ID laws). The fact is that it can be discriminatory because guess what? Most illegal immigrants are Hispanics and Hispanics living in the south would most likely be singled out regardless if their citizens or not.

My idea of morality is not ripping families apart because at the end of the day, we're causing more problems than solutions. Even law enforcement in the south don't want ICE in their communities because it will disrupt local LE in taking care of actual problems.

@Solaryellow said:

The day you give a damn about Russia's influence on Trump and the elections is the day I'll ever take you seriously.

Local law enforcement and border patrol want ICE there MORE. LOL there is no winning with you or even making common ground because your view is distorted and if anybody disagrees with you they're a bigot.

They're here illegally. They're exploiting a law that was not meant for what they're using it for with having children here. Deport the whole family, let them stay a family.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

and the elections is the day I'll ever take you seriously.

Local law enforcement and border patrol want ICE there MORE. LOL there is no winning with you or even making common ground because your view is distorted and if anybody disagrees with you they're a bigot.

They're here illegally. They're exploiting a law that was not meant for what they're using it for with having children here. Deport the whole family, let them stay a family.

No, they don't. It's a mixed bag but ultimately it's not entirely favorable. https://www.abqjournal.com/954672/reaction-mixed-on-dhs-memo.html

Also, if a kid is born in the United States, they're legal. Why is that too hard for you to comprehend? What you think they'll be citizens automatically if they were deported to another country? Are you dense or something?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

No, they don't. It's a mixed bag but ultimately it's not entirely favorable. https://www.abqjournal.com/954672/reaction-mixed-on-dhs-memo.html

Also, if a kid is born in the United States, they're legal. Why is that too hard for you to comprehend? What you think they'll be citizens automatically if they were deported to another country? Are you dense or something?

Just because it's a law doesn't make it right. Isn't that what you were getting at earlier? :P

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

Just because it's a law doesn't make it right. Isn't that what you were getting at earlier? :P

When Georgia started to deport illegals, it disrupted its local and state economies. In fact, it didn't do much good for them in the short or long run. The other issue is that countries doesn't necessarily have to take back a person. It's unfair but it's a reality.

It costs money to round up and detain illegals compared to letting them work and obtain citizenship. It's easier for children to get an education to benefit our country then it is to deport them. You can argue "it's the law" but no one cares because it's no longer realistic thanks to the GOP's stalling on immigration reforms.

The law must work in society's favor rather than against it. If illegals are providing more benefits than they are taking away from it, then it's better to have them within the country.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

When Georgia started to deport illegals, it disrupted its local and state economies. In fact, it didn't do much good for them in the short or long run. The other issue is that countries doesn't necessarily have to take back a person. It's unfair but it's a reality.

It costs money to round up and detain illegals compared to letting them work and obtain citizenship. It's easier for children to get an education to benefit our country then it is to deport them. You can argue "it's the law" but no one cares because it's no longer realistic thanks to the GOP's stalling on immigration reforms.

The law must work in society's favor rather than against it. If illegals are providing more benefits than they are taking away from it, then it's better to have them within the country.

So in your opinion, do you think we should get rid of the illegal immigration laws?

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

So in some ways, since Trump is like nails on the chalkboard of my very soul, it's easy for me to spin these things into a "Heads - I win. Tails - you lose" situation. But whatever. Is there stuff out there (not sensational anecdotes) that suggests DACA is an actual issue that needs to be addressed? Someone else mentioned this in another thread, but I don't see the point in shipping off culturally-US kids to foreign countries.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Drunk_PI

@n64dd said:

So in your opinion, do you think we should get rid of the illegal immigration laws?

We should streamline and improve our citizenship process as well as grant amnesty to illegals already living in the United States, provided they don't have serious criminal convictions.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

We should streamline and improve our citizenship process as well as grant amnesty to illegals already living in the United States, provided they don't have serious criminal convictions.

Is there a cutoff date on when you'll stop granting people because just already here?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@n64dd said:

I was with you until this point here. Unfortunately anchor babies are a problem and it sucks. But you're saying we should deport AMERICAN CITIZENS? Because their parents are criminals?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sayyy-gaa

@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

Why do you have such compassion for this brand of criminals versus others? Why not improve the lives of bank robbers or cyber thieves? Or do more for first time offenders?

I say this semi seriously. Illegal immigrants are illegal. they are breaking the law perpetually by their very presence in this country. they are draining our resources and using taxpayer dollars. More importantly they are occupying jobs that could be going to U.S. citizens.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

The people it is supposed to cover. Anyone under 18 when they came to US?

Edit: I don't have the biggest issue with it really. It seems it won't stop the authorities from deporting those who choose to commit crimes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

So you just contracted your stance in this thread.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

So you just contracted your stance in this thread.

It was sarcasm. Something you should know all about ;)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#37 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

It costs them a good amount of money just to get it and they keep paying to renew it. Trump would be stupid not to keep something that profitable!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nepu7supastar7

@drunk_pi:

Amnesty would be a great solution if it weren't for so many Republicans finding it to be morally wrong. Suddenly we wouldn't need so many sanctuary cities and the worry of ICE raiding buildings would be completely gone. Trump would go from villain to hero in no time flat among all minorities. Y'know how he loves adoration!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd: LOL you mean your habit of hiding behind that term.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:

@n64dd: LOL you mean your habit of hiding behind that term.

A girl has to do what a girl has to do :D

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Solaryellow

@sayyy-gaa said:
@drunk_pi said:

Why do you have such compassion for this brand of criminals versus others? Why not improve the lives of bank robbers or cyber thieves? Or do more for first time offenders?

I say this semi seriously. Illegal immigrants are illegal. they are breaking the law perpetually by their very presence in this country. they are draining our resources and using taxpayer dollars. More importantly they are occupying jobs that could be going to U.S. citizens.

Lets take if further. Why such compassion for illegals rather than our own citizens?

I'm reading more about what our government is starting to do with these "mass" deportations of illegals and I'm thrilled.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Drunk_PI

@Solaryellow said:
@sayyy-gaa said:
@drunk_pi said:

Lets take if further. Why such compassion for illegals rather than our own citizens?

I'm reading more about what our government is starting to do with these "mass" deportations of illegals and I'm thrilled.

Such fascists such as yourself would be thrilled.

The last time we tried to help our own countrymen, it's always stymied by Republicans who would rather benefit their corporate shareholders. Stop kidding yourself. You don't care about the poor and the needy nor do you really care about Veterans. You're just a shill who's scared of brown people.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:
@drunk_pi said:
@n64dd said:

The criminals you used in your example (bank robbers, cyber thieves) have victims. Illegal immigrants are just taking jobs that their employer hasn't been able to adequately fill with legal labor. They are good for local economies and are generally only here illegally because it it is very difficult, if not impossible, for them to come legally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

Being an illegal immigrant isn't a crime. Improper entry on the other hand is a crime but not all illegals commit improper entry, as up to 40% of them come to the country legally and just overstay their visas. Unlawful presence is a civil penalty, not a criminal one.

It is good to know these things before shouting off definitively that "they're committing crimes". It damages your argument if you don't have the proper facts.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sayyy-gaa

@perfect_blue said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

Being an illegal immigrant isn't a crime. Improper entry on the other hand is a crime but not all illegals commit improper entry, as up to 40% of them come to the country legally and just overstay their visas. Unlawful presence is a civil penalty, not a criminal one.

It is good to know these things before shouting off definitively that "they're committing crimes". It damages your argument if you don't have the proper facts.

Thank for the clarification. Basically you are saying it's a crime to come here illegally. But once they're here- HEY enjoy your stay?-

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N64DD

@perfect_blue said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

So a lot of illegal immigrants are commiting crimes just not 100 percent?

Still crime.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N64DD

@sayyy-gaa said:
@perfect_blue said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I don't like it.

Thank for the clarification. Basically you are saying it's a crime to come here illegally. But once they're here- HEY enjoy your stay?-

No he's saying that people that came here legally, then their visas expire..and they stay here are not committing a crime. If they came here illegally, that is the crime.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2014/07/is-illegal-immigration-a-crime-improper-entry-v-unlawful-presence.html

You can clear things up there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@sayyy-gaa said:

No most illegals come in on work visas that expire. They didn't enter illegally.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:

Such fascists such as yourself would be thrilled.

The last time we tried to help our own countrymen, it's always stymied by Republicans who would rather benefit their corporate shareholders. Stop kidding yourself. You don't care about the poor and the needy nor do you really care about Veterans. You're just a shill who's scared of brown people.

Supporting the enforcement makes one a fascist? What does that make someone who doesn't want laws enforced? An anarchist? Perhaps a coward?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@Solaryellow:

Isn't rebelling against the law the opposite of cowardice? I'm not sure if I'd say hero exactly but there's another word for that. Like when whites bought slaves from plantations just to free them.