zipper is scared to let real socom fans play the socom 4 beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noPainNoGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 noPainNoGAME
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

its the truth

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
it has nothing to with zipper. it is all up to sony. they decided it would be a bonus for kz3 players for now... you will get it eventually. quit crying
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
So, were you invited to the private beta? If so, how active in the SOCOM or possibly MAG community are you? For the rest of us, we may not have to wait too much longer to get into the beta: as detailed earlier, PlayStation Plus members will be able to play beginning on March 22nd, Killzone 3 purchasers will gain access on March 29th, and finally anyone else not in the beta by April 5th will get to join in on the fun for the last week until the game releases on the 13th. -ripped from some website
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
MAG was barely hyped at all and did not suck. But anyway... yeah you want to play the game for free you will get to... not just so soon.
noPainNoGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 noPainNoGAME

and o ya xp that is so socm right

Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blackjack9288
Member since 2011 • 316 Posts
Ohhh gawd here we go again. The "hardcore" socom fans giving an opinion on something.....Seriously, stop your crying.
Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blackjack9288

and o ya xp that is so socm right

noPainNoGAME
Well lets see here. XP is a very popular thing with gamers and shooters these days, so why wouldn't they add their own version to the game. It is called evolving. I am getting sick and tired of you socom fans SCREAMING about SOCOM 2, SOCOM 2, SOCOM 2. We get it, socom 2 was awesome, but it is the year 2011. Zipper wants to changes things to reach a wider audience while still trying to keep you all happy.
noPainNoGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 noPainNoGAME

ok u keep being blinded xp and no lobbies lets say f the old good socom lets **** on it and put out a game that no true socom wants u guys are no true socom players

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
This is at least the second thread about the beta from you and clearly your a baby that cant wait. Go to the SOCOM forums and support there, if you would have done this from the start you would be in the beta like many of us are.
Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackjack9288

ok u keep being blinded xp and no lobbies lets say f the old good socom lets **** on it and put out a game that no true socom wants u guys are no true socom players

noPainNoGAME
Let me ask you something. What in your terms is a "true Socom fan" cause I've seen plenty of people on this forum and lots of other forums who have been playing Socom since it came out who are very excited about this game and completely understand the changes that are coming. You need to understand that games need to evolve. How the hell is socom going to survive in such a cut throat industry, especially this gen when shooters seem to be king, if they are going to keep rolling with the same ol same ol. Socom 4 will be tactical, Socom 4 will be fun and it will offer just enough to please the new comers and veterans alike, you just have to give it a chance. If you don't then I guess you can go back to complaining while playing Socom 2.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="noPainNoGAME"]

Blackjack9288

Let me ask you something. What in your terms is a "true Socom fan" cause I've seen plenty of people on this forum and lots of other forums who have been playing Socom since it came out who are very excited about this game and completely understand the changes that are coming. You need to understand that games need to evolve. How the hell is socom going to survive in such a cut throat industry, especially this gen when shooters seem to be king, if they are going to keep rolling with the same ol same ol. Socom 4 will be tactical, Socom 4 will be fun and it will offer just enough to please the new comers and veterans alike, you just have to give it a chance. If you don't then I guess you can go back to complaining while playing Socom 2.

I look forward to Socom 4, but some of this guys concerns is actually very valid. Many people have a problem with so many shooters going the way of cod, and not introducing their own formula. If MAG is any indication, it seems Zipper really took notice of COD and incorporated many of its aspects. I have only watched a few videos of the socom 4 beta, but it seems they really did change the formula a bit. Some early campaign footage showed that a lot of the tactical and realistic aspects have been removed. Now I have yet to play the beta, so I will withhold judgement. But I still have my concerns that perhaps Zipper has changed the Socom series to the point where what truely defined it as a tactical shooter has been lost.

Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blackjack9288

[QUOTE="Blackjack9288"][QUOTE="noPainNoGAME"]

tutt3r

I look forward to Socom 4, but some of this guys concerns is actually very valid. Many people have a problem with so many shooters going the way of cod, and not introducing their own formula. If MAG is any indication, it seems Zipper really took notice of COD and incorporated many of its aspects. I have only watched a few videos of the socom 4 beta, but it seems they really did change the formula a bit. Some early campaign footage showed that a lot of the tactical and realistic aspects have been removed. Now I have yet to play the beta, so I will withhold judgement. But I still have my concerns that perhaps Zipper has changed the Socom series to the point where what truely defined it as a tactical shooter has been lost.

MAG to me didn't really feel like a COD game. The only thing that reminded me of Cod was the knife and the xp system, other than that I think it did a great job of still staying tactical, especially when you played with the right people. I am pretty sure Zipper knows where their biggest fanbase stands, but with that being said, yeah, there are going to be changes.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

its the truth

noPainNoGAME

You mad!!!

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

He is right....Cant wait to here the excuses...Its wasnt Zipper developing, it was some other company.....

Socom has been dead for about 6 years.....They will never produce anything great again SO HOW HARD IS IT to just HD socom 1-3 with trophys and what not and put it up on the ps store for 20 bucks.....thats all anyone really wants,,,,,

People will just buy the game just in hopes it will give them any feeling that socom 1-3 did

Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackjack9288

He is right....Cant wait to here the excuses...Its wasnt Zipper developing, it was some other company.....

Socom has been dead for about 6 years.....They will never produce anything great again SO HOW HARD IS IT to just HD socom 1-3 with trophys and what not and put it up on the ps store for 20 bucks.....thats all anyone really wants,,,,,

People will just buy the game just in hopes it will give them any feeling that socom 1-3 did

TJSAGE
Because maybe they don't want to do Socom 1-3 HD remakes....
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
TS Mad that he didn't get in.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
TS Mad that he didn't get in.
Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackjack9288
TS Mad that he didn't get in.1bigsmoke55
Yeah he is, cause he was begging for one on this forum earlier.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

and put out a game that no true socom wants

noPainNoGAME
Why do you keep begging for a beta code then?
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

its the truth

noPainNoGAME

either get ps plus or buy kz3 other then that go cry somewhere else

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

ok, after thinking for a couple of hours i came up with the solution, if you don't like it don't buy it, a lesson i learned by not buying flops' map pack after playing that, end of story

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts
I got in. Camera actually makes me dizzy. I think its good at its core but I hate the over the shoulder shooting.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
Actually all of the "real" fans or "vets" as they like to call themselves got it, anyone with a decent postcount over on the socom forums got a code. They don't seem to like it though, they're not allowed to be specific but they've been rating it and most are giving it a 4 or a 5. I'm pretty worried about the game, just look at some videos of people playing the beta on youtube and straight away you can see the crosshairs and camera are awful and that's just the basics.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I don't see how they are scared when EVERYONE gets into the beta eventually. Oh you might have missed that when your eyes were full of tears from being such a spoiled brat.
Actually all of the "real" fans or "vets" as they like to call themselves got it, anyone with a decent postcount over on the socom forums got a code. They don't seem to like it though, they're not allowed to be specific but they've been rating it and most are giving it a 4 or a 5. I'm pretty worried about the game, just look at some videos of people playing the beta on youtube and straight away you can see the crosshairs and camera are awful and that's just the basics.BigBoss255
The game has some issues, but it does seem that Zipper has at least begun to address some of them. While most vets aren't liking it so far, there are a few who think its alright and with some fixes can be pretty good. I also remember that they have a camera patch in the works but couldn't get it in in time for the start of the beta. I'd encourage anyone who is interested to try out the game when the beta goes full public and try it for yourself before you judge.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Socom is dead to me. Zipper is a failed company.

/my two cents

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

im a socom1 thru confrontation vet and im looking foward to socom4.. I think change is good and cant wait to try the beta out

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="noPainNoGAME"]

nethernova

lol, this is probably the smartest post lol, yea TC why beg for a code if u hating it so much? im glad they did do the changes, cuz i dont want to play socom 2, if i wanted socom to be like socom 2 id go back and play that.so quit ur whining
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="noPainNoGAME"]

JoKeR_421

lol, this is probably the smartest post lol, yea TC why beg for a code if u hating it so much? im glad they did do the changes, cuz i dont want to play socom 2, if i wanted socom to be like socom 2 id go back and play that.so quit ur whining

I absolutely hate when people say "If I wanted to go back and play I would" If you want to play ps1 games or ps2 games play them on your ps2...have people tried playing these game on a HD tv...its horrid..

All games need to be upgraded