Your thoughts and questions on Arkham Asylum.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

I thought the demo was just great. The only real thing it was missing was blood. It was Gritty, but not Gore. What did you guys think?

I also wonder.... The trailer only shows a few villains like Joker, Bane,Poison Ivy,Harley Quin and Killer Croc, But will there be the rest of the Villains like :

Mr Freeze, Two Face, The Penguin,CatWoman, Or The ScareCrow?

If they had all the villains in the game that would be a Chery on Top ofa Vanilla Cake.

You Know what I noticed about Batman Games?Robin or Bat Girl are Never in it:lol:

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I thought the demo was just great. The only real thing it was missing was blood. It was Gritty, but not Gore. What did you guys think?

I also wonder.... The trailer only shows a few villains like Joker, Bane,Poison Ivy,Harley Quin and Killer Croc, But will there be the rest of the Villains like :

If they had all the villains in the game that would be a Chery on Top ofa Vanilla Cake.

You Know what I noticed about Batman Games?Robin or Bat Girl are Never in it:lol:

jdiamnz69

You just brought back memories of Batman & Robin. NOOOOOOOO!.......must watch....The Dark Knight again....on Blu Ray!

roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

nope jsut those villains. stop speculating. alot of people in the batman forums had theories of this and that and turns out the first villains that were announced were the only villains in the game. so yea....

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, VERY polished game.

Combat is dull though...:(

bogeta24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 bogeta24
Member since 2009 • 142 Posts
most super hero games these days are like that, very glossy with great graphics, but has button mashing boring combat.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

most super hero games these days are like that, very glossy with great graphics, but has button mashing boring combat.bogeta24

I've never scene a super hero game with nice graphics before.

Cross-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cross-Edge
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

I imagine that if this game is well received then Eidos will probably jump on the DLC bandwagon guns blazing. If not then I'm sure there's room for a possible sequel. I'm sure there's plenty of yet to be revealed content that's going to blow our minds. Typically I overlook Comic Book/ Super Hero games as they tend to disappoint; AA on the other hand appeals to me, and it's the FIRST Comic Book/ Super Hero games I'm anticipating. On another note I'm excited about the Joker DLC!

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

[QUOTE="jdiamnz69"]

anime_gamer007

You just brought back memories of Batman & Robin. NOOOOOOOO!.......must watch....The Dark Knight again....on Blu Ray!

haha nice

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

nope jsut those villains. stop speculating. alot of people in the batman forums had theories of this and that and turns out the first villains that were announced were the only villains in the game. so yea....

roddollente
They cant pull all their punches in the first game... they have to milk the hell out of it if it's successful. In which case you'll see another 3 games featuring the rest of the villains. :P
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

Ive seen the 3d model of scarecrow, he looks awesome, batman also talks to the oracle on his headset, she was the batgirl until she got shot and crippled by the joker, so you could say batgirl is in it :p

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Top-Shelf Graphics, Art Direction, writer and voice-acting what more could you ask for?!. The gameplay will end up being a matter of preference. I, Myself, do not need to be in total control of every little melee move so the hand-to-hand combat does not bother me(as it does some). In fact, I have been taking my time with the melee encounters, styling them out like a dance routine instead of mindlessly mashing my way thru them(for the sake of speed) which makes it much more fun that way as I feel more like Batman. I approach the stealth elements the same way as I take my time to stalk the baddies. So if you're the kind of gamer who doesn't like to assume the role AND style of the main character(in this case the Caped Crusader) then this game might not register with you as much as someone who does. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm happy with the demo and more than likely will be happy with the full game.

PS3Fanboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PS3Fanboy7
Member since 2009 • 353 Posts
I really liked it. 9 for me 8.5 for gamespot
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
I bet they left out those villains to leave room for a sequel.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

i dunno the presentation is great, the voice acting and animations are decent, how the adhered to the comic book is also a plus really bringing the characters to life. But the gameplay is well just kind of easy, a shame they didn't let us have the boss fight, it would of really let me see if the gameplay mechanics are good, although this is a kind of tutorial demo.

I am going to put this on the rent list.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

It wasn't as good as I thought. Not worth $60. I'd be surprised if it gets anything over an 8.5.

PS3Fanboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PS3Fanboy7
Member since 2009 • 353 Posts
[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, VERY polished game.

Combat is dull though...:(

I dont think so. If the combat is dull how is it polished. The only downside is i cant play through the game all action. Some parts of the game is stealth some is combat, i wished you could have an option
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
When I first played the store-only challenges demo, I was a bit put off. Not from the gameplay, but because of how blocky characters (particularly batman) looked in the closeups. Now that I finally got a chance to sit down with this new demo and play it through, I believe I am properly psyched for this game. It manages to incorporate that sense of being able to sneak around and **** with the AI that I liked in Chaos Theory, and everything just seemed to feel right. Now I'm wondering what types of villains will show up in Arkham. They already did awesome with the renders of Joker, Quinn and Killer Croc... I'm looking forward to seeing the Riddler and Two-Face, personally.
blazin640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blazin640
Member since 2009 • 332 Posts

It wasn't as good as I thought. Not worth $60. I'd be surprised if it gets anything over an 8.5.

GeoffZak

An i'd be suprised to see that theory of yours right.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

jdiamnz69
i may be wrong, but i think there's some blood when you are shot, but it's understandable that the enemies dont bleed since he doesnt use weapons... batgirl IS in the game, she's just known as oracle (the girl that batman talks to via radio).. The Joker shot her in the spine, so she is limited to a wheelchair
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

jdiamnz69

Listen at the beginning of the demo. Oracle asks about her dad aka Comish Gordon. That's batgirl she's there but not yet batgirl or past being batgirl if i've got my bat lore backwards

EDIT: Thanks Sword-Demon, i had it backwards it's after her being batgirl.

Also there may be more villains but they're keeping those under wraps so we'll have to wait with out fingers crossed

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

it will hold me off until DCUO *drools*

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#22 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

let me....

add this here for you guys.

(SPOILER)

here

it's the full roster of voice actors who worked on Batman Arkham Asylum and what roles they did... yeah there are a lot more. i very much look forward to this game.

-----

Besides if anyone played the demo, and looked at the bio's and character trophies there were so many blocked out images. there are bound to be more villains then Joker, Quinn, Killer Croc, Zsaz, and Poison Ivy.

------

your welcome. and i very much looking forward to playing this game.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Well, I downloaded the demo off of steam earlier today. I just got through with an initial run, and I'm actually truly surprised. This game went from little to no interest, to possible buy. Easily the best superhero game I've ever played.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="bogeta24"]most super hero games these days are like that, very glossy with great graphics, but has button mashing boring combat.Unknown_Hero3

What about Viewtiful Joe? That game was just.....well....viewtiful.

psyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 psyball
Member since 2003 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

[QUOTE="bogeta24"]most super hero games these days are like that, very glossy with great graphics, but has button mashing boring combat.Shad0ki11

What about Viewtiful Joe? That game was just.....well....viewtiful.

Totally, most underated game ever.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

No blood actually didn't bother me. Great game though! :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have a question: Why so serious?

I'm drunk. And lame.

Major-Impact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Major-Impact
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

Played the demo my "expletive" jaw hit the floor. Must have in my collection... Best Batman game ever, and game of the year.8)

Who designed Harley Quinn's costume? The man should be shot.:lol:

POLVERINE-R2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 POLVERINE-R2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

can i use the Joker in Arkham Asylum? :question:

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

in the ps3 yes, for challenge maps, on xbox its still unclear if they will get joker dlc(kinda like the soul calibur yoda/vader deal)

demo was fun, i really enjoyed stalking the guards, the outright combat was enjoyable to watch but doesn't take any skill.. hopefully the harder difficulties make it more of a challenge.

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

jdiamnz69
doesnt need blood and gore.. hes batman, he doesnt kill ppl...... if you, for w/e reason, NEED a superhero game with blood and gore go get wolverine
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

can i use the Joker in Arkham Asylum? :question:

POLVERINE-R2
The Joker is a special exclusive playable in some challenge maps for the PS3. Don't be too surprised if it doesn't stay exclusive, though.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

It was a pretty average demo, and i don't expect the game to be much better, i give it a 7/10, but most people are suckers for Batman since the movie Batman Begins and that's why the game will be overated, the devs are counting too much on the fact that they are makinga Batman game.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

it's called a sequel. why put all your eggs in one basket---even if they are bad eggs? :)

xkal318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xkal318
Member since 2007 • 481 Posts

check the IMDB board for the Game and it shows the full list of voice actors- there are almost every villain listed. So I assume either their voice is only used or we actually get to fight them osmehow. As for a sequel, I see this game as a one and done, i'd like for there to be one though, maybe where you can free roam Gotham, but I don't want another Spiderman: Web Of Shadows cause that game really ruined Spiderman for me.

Altair40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 Altair40
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

The game seems pretty cool with awesome graphics and i dont think the combat is boring......