Your opinions on Prince of Persia??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Im just wondering what other people think of this game. This thread came to my mind by looking at how mixed the player reviews are.

What do you think of it??

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I see your still on the fence about this game, uh??

Well, I haven't played it, so it pretty much makes my opinion void. However if you're curious to know what I think about it, I blogged it after the PoP marathon.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I enjoyed this game, great puzzles and wonderful art style. A must have for PoP fans
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts
I bought the game while I was still on the fence... overall its a pretty good game but sometimes there are some little things that seem to take away from it... you can tell its pretty linear for example. But I was never a big fan of the past games so yeah if you want a game with some adventure elements in it then I say go for it... gameplay is good when it comes to fighting... some acrobatical moves seems to be bothersome at times but no real big (since you can only jump off say an edge of a cliff one way instead of any direction you're moving the pad in. But yeah I'd recommend it overall. Good game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

I see your still on the fence about this game, uh??

Well, I haven't played it, so it pretty much makes my opinion void. However if you're curious to know what I think about it, I blogged it after the PoP marathon.

GreenGoblin2099
I read your blog, and you bring up some good points. It was either PoP or buying Bioshock again (had it on 360 until last march, loved it). I might have to think harder about my choice now........
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
I enjoyed the game a lot. I'm not a fan of Prince of Persia games. I only bought the first Sand of Time game for 17 bucks. The reason why I bought this new game was because it is a combination of some of my favorite games. The main selling points for me were:

1) Artistic **** similar to Okami.

2) One-on-one battles and bosses similar to Shadow of the Colossus.

3) A princess that follows you and an integral part of the story similar to Ico.

4) Fast platforming and collecting similar to Jak and Daxter.

5) Not really a selling point but an interesting touch with Nolan being the voice of the Prince when he also did the voice of Nathan Drake. (Not sure if Nolan is the VA's name).
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
its a wonderful game but its definitely not worth a 60 dollar price tag, A rental at best, I thoroughly enjoyed the platforming, the fights, the integration of Elika who you depend on for a lot of the platforming, the cool combos etc. but at the end of the day, this is a single player game, in which you can't die, can't change the difficulty, and it offers no multiplayer option (not that thats really important in a single player type game like this) but what I'm trying to point out is that there is no replay value in this game. I know this is no way to really measure a game, but you could actually get all the PoP trophies in one play-through, if you played very effectively and carefully. I wouldn't recommend buying it, but it is a fantastic game to play, just not worth the hefty price tag of games these days.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
What does make a game worth the money these days? People say Uncharted is worth it and that game barely has any replayability. COD4 only has multi-player going for it and yet people say its worth the money. Ico had ZERO replayability and could be beat in like 6 hours yet its worth the money too? $60 is a high price but then why are people willing to say some games are worth it and some are just a very good rent?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Anyone else??
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I find it to be pretty mediocre. Its got a really nice art style, but the game play is easy, repetitious, and its short. Also, i get flash backs to the god awful Assassins Creed while playing it...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
I find it to be pretty mediocre. Its got a really nice art style, but the game play is easy, repetitious, and its short. Also, i get flash backs to the god awful Assassins Creed while playing it... raven_squad
Why does everyone dump on Assassin's Creed? I thought it was a pretty damn good game.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raven_squad
I thought it was good too. For 2 hours. Then, absolutely nothing new was introduced. Climb tower, eaves drop, follow dude and beat him up, kill target. Rinse and repeat.
zzombie8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zzombie8
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm not sure which POP you are referring to but I will mention that I recently got The Two Thrones used at gamestop and I find it to be very fun at times and other times it can be extremley frustratng.The guy dies so easily from dropping practically 10 feet to the ground and the jumping rebounding off walls is annoying at times. Otherwise it is a beautiful game.

zzombie8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zzombie8
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm not sure which POP you are referring to but I will mention that I recently got The Two Thrones used at gamestop and I find it to be very fun at times and other times it can be extremley frustratng.The guy dies so easily from dropping practically 10 feet to the ground and the jumping rebounding off walls is annoying at times. Otherwise it is a beautiful game.

zzombie8

If only one here could edit their posts I could post that I'm sorry I didn't realize there was a PS3 version available.

So..sorry for posting about the ps2 one here.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raven_squad
[QUOTE="zzombie8"] I'm not sure which POP you are referring to but I will mention that I recently got The Two Thrones used at gamestop and I find it to be very fun at times and other times it can be extremley frustratng.The guy dies so easily from dropping practically 10 feet to the ground and the jumping rebounding off walls is annoying at times. Otherwise it is a beautiful game.

zzombie8

If only one here could edit their posts I could post that I'm sorry I didn't realize there was a PS3 version available.

So..sorry for posting about the ps2 one here.

Drop down box in the lower right hand corner of your post. Click it, and click edit. :D
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
my favorite 2008 game, platforming is more challenging than most people say as it requires observation, coordination and reflexes, lets you free of the order in which you do the "cleansing" ; very vivid game with the relationship with Elika growing and the sense of accomplishment as you give back life to the places you visit ; and exceptional artwork
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts

I liked it but I felt that the combat was too easy. Too forgiving. And I miss the old combat sequences where you fight multiple enemies instead of just one, using the environments to your advantage.

And the platforming bits were too easy, as you're mashing just one buttons to get the prince to perform all of his ultra cool moves, whereas in the Sands of time's trilogy, it takes some careful timing and and precision to perform each of the action, and you really feel the satisfaction as you accomplish each of the prince's moves correctly.

The story was nice though. And I like this prince better than the previous prince.

And of course, ELIKA.:P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Where's the meaning of this thread? You can check out what over 1000 user think (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/princeofpersiaworkingtitle/players.html?tag=scoresummary;user-score) and you can read tons of reviews there o_O Anyway, why is it here on the PS3 board and not on the PoP board?

Anyway, back2topic: I got it yesterday and I really like it. I enjoy those "fair one-on-one" fights, I enjoy the platforming and I especially enjoy the way you save those lands from the darkness. Most points of other player (like the dislike of those light-thingies) against the Game don't bug me or I even enjoy them :S All in all I'd say decent so far, but I fear that it could get repetitive fast :S

Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

Im just wondering what other people think of this game. This thread came to my mind by looking at how mixed the player reviews are.

What do you think of it??

hillelslovak

It's gorgeous to look at. Some puzzles are brilliant!! Once you get the hang of the gameplay, flying through levels is one of the most gratifying experiences in a game since God of War. BUT... It IS repetitive, and though I understand why they went with a one enemy at a time approach, it actually makes you more aware of how repetitive the game actually is. I would give it a 7.5 It's not great but it's VERY good. Only worth a rental though. You probably won't revisit it unless you're a trophy junky.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I really enjoyed it. Well worth the $60 in my opinion. The only gripe I have is that it's a pretty linear game and it's pretty easy.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
I've been on the fence for this game for a while too due to how easy and linear people say it is but EBGames / Gamestop dropped the price to $40, might pick it up for that price.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
The only one i liked was Sands of time.
HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts

Jaw-droppingly beautiful, repetitive and woefully easy. If you want me to get into more detail PM me or just come over to my page and read my review. I gave it an 8.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
I think the games decent, I did enjoy the 'wall running' type sections although I think fighting system could be better...what happened to the wall run moves? :( Also, despite what people say this game isn't that easy :P
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Well it's my oppinion...

I'm so sick of running and jumping game, i used to have a Wii and i hated Mario Galaxy... these kind of 3d Platformer are just too "2002" for me...

It just feels like a beautiful Tomb Raider for the PS1

I just want to play something new, something different... We got a lot of new kinds of game in the late years... music games (Guitar hero and such...)

MMO (WoW and such...) .. but i'm just sick of the Prince of Persia type of game... But it's just me... I must admit that in reviewer eyes, PoP is a great game!

BlancoBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlancoBX
Member since 2009 • 894 Posts
As a huge fan of the PoP series i was really excited to play the next gen iteration, but I have to say I was totally disappointed by everything the game had to offer. Besides the graphics, the game is a total downgrade and a number of steps in the wrong direction for the series. The platforming is way too easy, the fighting system is boring and repetitive, and the story is uninteresting. Nothing about the game made me want to play it all the way through and i have to admit i couldnt force myself to finish it. Ubisoft reall needs to get there act together because AsCreed was more of the same boring repetitive gameplay.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
What does make a game worth the money these days? People say Uncharted is worth it and that game barely has any replayability. COD4 only has multi-player going for it and yet people say its worth the money. Ico had ZERO replayability and could be beat in like 6 hours yet its worth the money too? $60 is a high price but then why are people willing to say some games are worth it and some are just a very good rent?Zidaneski
Uncharted has different difficulties ... that alone is worth more than the 1 difficulty of PoP, because when you play it a second time its more challenging, its different. Honestly a second playthrough of PoP is pretty useless, 95% of that game is spent platforming, while the other 5% is a mix of fighting and plot. There's so little fighting, and very little variations in the fights. One of the bigger fire fights from Uncharted puts all the fighting in PoP to shame. So essentially you want to pay 60 dollars for a one time 12 hour experience, if you think its worth it by all means go ahead and enjoy it. Maybe you like the platforming so much you want to play it again. Thats fine. All I'm saying is that you can experience everything the game has to offer in one playthrough, and that is definitely not worth 60 bucks to me.