Your most favorite PS gaming moment? (any generation)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nimuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nimuk
Member since 2003 • 751 Posts
My favorite gaming moment....and there are many... was finally beating Tomb Raider. I had such a tough time getting thru the last few levels that it was just a thrill for it to be finally over. Now I play it and it seems silly but at the time the whole 3D adventure game was fairly new and the control was torture.
Funglip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funglip
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts
When MGS1 blows me away...
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
Powering on GTA III when I first bought a PS2.
nimuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nimuk
Member since 2003 • 751 Posts

Tight one between completing FF8 and watching the best cinematic ending ever, or Pooing my pants when you see the first zombie in resident evil.Christopper

Ya, that dog jumpin thru the window was a great moment.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

When I first play MGS1... I'll never thought a game could have such impact on me and never I felt I have to play a video game but MGS 1 changes all that and made me an addict to gaming.

Also, The first time I play ICO which opens up my eyes to what innovative and oringal gaming means. So beautiful and so unforgettable. Then I fell in love with original gaming which leads me to yet, another game called Okami. Another Masterpiece.

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeneralX84
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts

seeing Tidus and Yuna kiss in the lakein FFX
that sh*t was touching

Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
When Psycho Mantis was controlling the DualShock controller... That **** freaked me out back in the day! :lol:
jusi20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jusi20
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
beating GOD OF WAR, and showing me how good a game it actually was
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
getting my ps2 on christmas and popping in madden 01 for the first time
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts

I've had so many. The most recent being the other night when I was playing warhawk. It was the mode Zones and I cant remember the name of the level but theres like an HQ at the north for one team and south for the other team. 2 checkpoints for each in the middle but you have to go up a hill to get to them.

I took over the one closest to the enemy and held it down for most of the round to get us a quick win. I placed mines in the narrowest part of the hill and got a rocket launcher (for those pesky warhawks) and flamethrower (if you play warhawk, you find this a very handy thing to have in many situations :) ) and just held my ground while the other team kept sending waves of people up.

They sent a tank once and it got blown up by my mines, a jeep quickly came behind which I took care of w/ rocket launcher (3 kills) and the troops trying to advance felt some grenades and flamethrower. All for the convinient price of 40 bones.

masprague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 masprague
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts

I've had so many. The most recent being the other night when I was playing warhawk. It was the mode Zones and I cant remember the name of the level but theres like an HQ at the north for one team and south for the other team. 2 checkpoints for each in the middle but you have to go up a hill to get to them.

I took over the one closest to the enemy and held it down for most of the round to get us a quick win. I placed mines in the narrowest part of the hill and got a rocket launcher (for those pesky warhawks) and flamethrower (if you play warhawk, you find this a very handy thing to have in many situations :) ) and just held my ground while the other team kept sending waves of people up.

They sent a tank once and it got blown up by my mines, a jeep quickly came behind which I took care of w/ rocket launcher (3 kills) and the troops trying to advance felt some grenades and flamethrower. All for the convinient price of 40 bones.

blitzinger123

I have tons of Sony gaming moments that shine in my heart. All the way from PS1 to PS3. Mainly they are from waiting in lines for each of these systems' release, yeah I'm 25.

However, with that said, I agree with Blitz. Warhawk has potential for these moments of pure instensity that most other games can not provide. I fine myself, as a 25yo adult, standing up out of my chair trying to blast down a warhawk with a turrent before he gets me, or running back to base with the flag in my hands and gunfire flying all around me.

Manytimes my wife walks in and there I am in living room jumping around like an 8th grader.......man I hope i never get old. ha

legofan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 legofan712
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
Hmmm wayy to many to think about :P - Most recent though, my first online 40p deathmatch on Resistance. That stuff's HARDCORE!
HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
back in 1997 when i played FF7 for the very first time
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts

Any MGS game, GTA:SA, or ESPN NFL 2K5.

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
Back in '95 when I finally got my Japanese import PlayStation.  Pluging that thing in for the first time and watching Ridge Racer load for the first time was amazing.  I'd never seen a game that looked that good before.  Sure it cost AUD$1250 and games cost AUD$200 on import but hell I loved that thing!
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Watching the ending of MGS3 snake eater, the most amazing ending in video game history.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

right at THIS moment, kicking butts in Tekken 5 DR online.

All time fav would be Final Fantasy VII, when I inserted disc 3. It was very weird moment for me because I wanted to finish the game, but I didn't want it to end, and I was getting close to the end.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

completing FF8 Christopper

i have to admit completing final fantasy 8 and finding out that you have finally defeated ultamacia(dont know how to spell it) was one of my favourite moments in playstation history but i dont think you can beat winning 20-0 and scoring a double hatrick on international soccer pro and hearing the commentator belt out 'OMG! its 20-0! hes Scored a double hatrick!' the commentary was so bad it was good.

bbiff_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bbiff_123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

my favourite moment would have to be when i got my ps and i got the demo disc in the package that included games like I.Q (Intelligent Qube) and i got almost crack-like addicted to games. and another would have to be playing MGS for the first time I thought it was an interactive movie, I was freaking out and crapping my pants when Vulcan Raven came out with that tank and you had to throw grenades into the top, juuuuusttttttt incredible.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

Watching the ending of MGS3 snake eater, the most amazing ending in video game history. hashimgillani1

QFTMFT

-BROWNTOWN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -BROWNTOWN-
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts

Making it to the final boss in FF8

Getting a PS2 for X-Mas and playing NHL 2001 on it

The whole way through FFX and FFX-2