WTF is wrong with my PS3???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stl_kel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stl_kel
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

My ps3 power supply is overheating. It gets extremely hot to the touch. It just automatically shuts down after about 30 mins. I even changed my PSU(power supply unit). Same thing happened. Its getting plenty of air. I have it sitting on a table and the cover is off. The air that is blowing out is pretty hot too.

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

what do u mean power supply, isnt it just a plug from the ps3 to the outlet, it can also be that your room is too warm, in the summers when its 90 degrees my pss3 gets really hot and blows hard hot air

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

he means hes opened the ps3 and replaced this

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

oh thats dumb, some people just itch to modify something, it makes things worse

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

I need to open my ps3 in a few days to reflow my ps3 with some arctic silver 5 due to the YLOD. I hope my problem isnt PSU related cause like tc the question needed to b answered is what caused the PSU to die in the first place.

Tc id recommend just looking around the Internet some more specifically on the subject of the PSU. Im not very helpful as Im guessing youve already tried this. Sorry :(

stl_kel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stl_kel

I didnt modify anything...LikeI said I just bought another PSU and replace it because the original was getting hot, but the new one is getting hot also.I think I am just going to replace the thermal compound next...I have to be in the wrong forum for this problem...My bad!!!Stoned!!!

Well since you know how to reflow u got some experience.

CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
I know exactly what's is happening. And the problem is it's not a microsoft product. Thank me later bud! I'm the champ!!
MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

I know exactly what's is happening. And the problem is it's not a microsoft product. Thank me later bud! I'm the champ!!CravenMenthol

There is so much wrong with that statement.

stl_kel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stl_kel

LOL!!!

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

I need to open my ps3 in a few days to reflow my ps3 with some arctic silver 5 due to the YLOD. I hope my problem isnt PSU related cause like tc the question needed to b answered is what caused the PSU to die in the first place.

Tc id recommend just looking around the Internet some more specifically on the subject of the PSU. Im not very helpful as Im guessing youve already tried this. Sorry :(

Respawn-d

Trouble is-It's OK replacing your thermal paste,but i'm always reading from people on various forumsthat have done it that their PS3's but have soon died again afterwards.May be a safer bet and sell it as spares/repairs as i did with a ylod 60GB recently,and trade up,as i did,to a brand new Slim-Hopefully Sony learnt by their mistake in using crappy thermal paste in the Phat PS3's and have used better stuff in the Slims.

CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
There was sarcasm dripping of my avatar a minute ago! :)