Wow..Talk about Gamestop...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 AlphaRail
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
I just went to buy UT3 thinking I'd be one of the first to play, low and behold the stupid guy doesn't put in the disk and now I have to go back, wasting another hour of play, why this day?? :|
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
WTH are you talking about?
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
shouldn't it be in a case.. sealed..?
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
HUH?!?!?!?!?
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlphaRail
Nope, just comes in the box where I am, just with a tiny plastic seal around where it is opened, at another gamestop I go to though, it is fully sealed.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
Im still confused
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 expanded
Nope, just comes in the box where I am, just with a tiny plastic seal around where it is opened, at another gamestop I go to though, it is fully sealed.AlphaRail

that sucks.. what if they say " no you just took the game out and pretended its not there so you can have two copies" :o
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlphaRail

Im still confusedNuKkU

Ok I went to gamestop, went to purchase UT3, the guy is new and doesn't know what to do, just gives the box, the actual game is stored behind the counter in a file, they then take the disc put it in and put a small seal on the case. This guy didn't and not thinking about it I just went home and opened it to find no game

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlphaRail

[QUOTE="AlphaRail"]Nope, just comes in the box where I am, just with a tiny plastic seal around where it is opened, at another gamestop I go to though, it is fully sealed.expanded

that sucks.. what if they say " no you just took the game out and pretended its not there so you can have two copies" :o

I don't think that the people there would think of someone doing that, anyways he was new so i'm sure he'd never think of that :P

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dstryr13

OOOH I GET IT NOW

where you buy your games from they put the disk in the case?

well thats not a very good place to buy from and thats your own fault for buying from such a shabby gamestop if that is even a gamestop

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlphaRail

OOOH I GET IT NOW

where you buy your games from they put the disk in the case?

well thats not a very good place to buy from and thats your own fault for buying from such a shabby gamestop if that is even a gamestop

dstryr13

I've been there a whole lot, first time this has ever happened, not my fault that I bought there numerous times and then this one particular time something went wrong, and it is like other gamestops i've been to.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

My local Gamestop does that occasionally, and when I asked them why, they said they do it when there is no sealed copies left, ie, you are purchasing the last copy in stock. Whenever Gamestop gets a shipment of new games they always open one up, put the game case on the display shelf, and put the disk in a sleeve behind the counter in the display case.. This is what I've been told by numerous Gamestop employees.

If the guy forgot to put your game in the box you should hurry down there because if you did get the last copy, but someone comes in to buy it and the employee at the counter sees that disk they may just sell it.

Run...

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dstryr13
i have never seen gamestop/eb do that ever, except for used games
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlphaRail

My local Gamestop does that occasionally, and when I asked them why, they said they do it when there is no sealed copies left, ie, you are purchasing the last copy in stock. Whenever Gamestop gets a shipment of new games they always open one up, put the game case on the display shelf, and put the disk in a sleeve behind the counter in the display case.. This is what I've been told by numerous Gamestop employees.

If the guy forgot to put your game in the box you should hurry down there because if you did get the last copy, but someone comes in to buy it and the employee at the counter sees that disk they may just sell it.

Run...

nyc05

Already called, but if that's the case that means I've gotten the last copy a whole lot of times :D

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dstryr13
[QUOTE="nyc05"]

Run...

AlphaRail

Already called, but if that's the case that means I've gotten the last copy a whole lot of times :D

LOL, lucky man if thats the case

brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brownwhale
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
that happened to me once when i bought a used game, me an my friend were skating away and we stopped to rest and i wanted to check if the Ridge racer disc was scratched, but there wasnt a disc, and we remembered that as we were leaving, the store was closing, so we started running back through this crowded main street and once we got back, the gates were down but we could still see the lady inside EB closing, so I opened the case and started banging on the metal trying to show her the empty case. She opened back up and I got my game. Sometimes, those employees are very lazy when games are selling good. But that was a close one for me.
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
sorry man to here that. Just make sure next time.
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

ya some game stops have the box and diskes seperatky but i always look at the box and the game before i lieave to make sure its ok!!

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

shouldn't it be in a case.. sealed..?expanded

Yes, it should be; but I've encountered it in certain stores. It's damn annoying. It should be illegal to sell games like that and claim they're new if it isn't already.

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlphaRail

sorry man to here that. Just make sure next time.coolguy681

Could've been sold out, or the store could've been hours away. :)

TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TurninTricks
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
OMG that is a PERFECT SCHEME! you say the thing was sealed or what? I keep a game and return to the store with just a case and Ill get another copy.... GENIUS!
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AlphaRail

OMG that is a PERFECT SCHEME! you say the thing was sealed or what? I keep a game and return to the store with just a case and Ill get another copy.... GENIUS!TurninTricks

I didn't say it was sealed, it SHOULD be sealed, the guy was new didn'tknow what to do, and why would I ever make a lie about that???? I don't want to get attention from agaming site, that's just stupid, I thought I'd just say something about it, kind of amusing for other people, and even kind of funny to me I could of been so dumb not to check even though it's a hassle to go back...

fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

I just went to buy UT3 thinking I'd be one of the first to play, low and behold the stupid guy doesn't put in the disk and now I have to go back, wasting another hour of play, why this day?? :|AlphaRail

same kind of thing happened to me went to hmv to buy a game when it came out. the guy went into the back got the "disc" and i left happily till i got on the train home opened it and realised instead of getting my ps2 game i got the xbox 360 version lol marketing at its finest shame the game wasn't very good so the game wassame price when i returned it the guy asked me did you go to block busters rent it out and change the disc's not sure if he was joking though

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
It's called a "gut" copy. they give you one if its the last title, or if the case has been getting handled too much. I hate this BS and I hope Gamestop stops using gut copies in the future. They are just as good as used, and they charge you full price. I refuse gut copies of anything unless I absolutely have to have the product. They always look at me like I'm out of my mind not taking ther used crap. If I wanted to buy the game already opened, I would have shopped in the pre-owned section.
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AlphaRail

same kind of thing happened to me went to hmv to buy a game when it came out. the guy went into the back got the "disc" and i left happily till i got on the train home opened it and realised instead of getting my ps2 game i got the xbox 360 version lol marketing at its finest shame the game wasn't very good so the game wassame price when i returned it the guy asked me did you go to block busters rent it out and change the disc's not sure if he was joking though

fastgamer01

Ah that sucks seeing that you were on a train, i'mthinking it was far away, guessing you don't mean the subway.

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AlphaRail
It's called a "gut" copy. they give you one if its the last title, or if the case has been getting handled too much. I hate this BS and I hope Gamestop stops using gut copies in the future. They are just as good as used, and they charge you full price. I refuse gut copies of anything unless I absolutely have to have the product. They always look at me like I'm out of my mind not taking ther used crap. If I wanted to buy the game already opened, I would have shopped in the pre-owned section. motherboop
Personally I don't care if it's a "gut" copy, especially since the blu ray discs seem to be able to take a beating, compared to PS2 games I used to have and 360.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Im still confusedNuKkU
In Gamestop they put empty game cases on the open shelves and you bring the case up and they put the disc from behind the counter in the case and give it to you. Get it?
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AlphaRail
Well I got it, cya there :D
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

[QUOTE="expanded"]shouldn't it be in a case.. sealed..?AnFangs_Endes

Yes, it should be; but I've encountered it in certain stores. It's damn annoying. It should be illegal to sell games like that and claim they're new if it isn't already.

Yea, they should at least give you a discount. Since you don't get the satisfaction of ripping the cellophane.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Maybe you should have checked before leaving the store. Lucky thing they don't that where I live. They keep the originals at the back of the counter and use a display box.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts

[QUOTE="NuKkU"]Im still confusedAlphaRail

Ok I went to gamestop, went to purchase UT3, the guy is new and doesn't know what to do, just gives the box, the actual game is stored behind the counter in a file, they then take the disc put it in and put a small seal on the case. This guy didn't and not thinking about it I just went home and opened it to find no game

LOL you paid full price for a brand new game and it wasn't factory sealed?! Wow, I would never let someone screw me over like that. Guess that's why I never step foot in Gamestop, unless as a last resort.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 expanded
yeah.. its a shame they reseal it..
i know someone who would open games for steam that has cdkeys.. take em.. and reseal em.. its really bad.. i don't trust things like that..
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
lol gamestop just has empty game boxes on the shelves and when you want to buy a game they open their drawers or glass shelves which are always locked and take out an unopened, unsealed, unused box with the game inside never used lol, so whoever served you at the time never even did that and just gave you the empty box, they cant do that where they already open the box and have the games in the drawers or whatever, it just sounds either really stupid or the guy was trying to mess with you
CoolGuy6654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 CoolGuy6654
Member since 2004 • 411 Posts
at my gamestop they take all the next-gen games out of the case and keep the discs in a file im guessing incase of theft
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

Run...

nyc05

Agreed, my Gamestop does the same thing. I bought the last copy of God of War 2 when it came out and the employee had me grab the display case and then put the game in. You should've watched what he was doing! Damn dude, how'd u miss that??

ms_hijikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ms_hijikata
Member since 2006 • 4012 Posts
My Gamestop does that too. I wouldn't trust them with it, but my best friend works there...and I usually only ever buy games from him. The rest of the staff is pretty trustworthy, except for the manager, who is extremly distracted....
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
My local GameStop sold me used games as a brand new price. without wrapper plastic. a bunch of times..... I finally dont go shop at GameStop anymore. ever. I hate GameStop! Hate it!
Super-Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Super-Penguin
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts
isn't it not in the box when it is a used disc that someone returned