would you have liked Final fantasy x-3 instead of xlll-3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garydbz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Garydbz25
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts
As most of us know Final fantasy x is a fantastic game and was one of the best ps2 games in my opinion. Yes they released x-2 which was know where near as good as the original but still half decent in its own right. I did not mind the ff xlll series but it doesn't feel like final fantasy at all. If it was up to me I would rather see another sequel to the final fantasy x series. Let me know what you would prefer and why.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

A third X would have been better than a third XIII.  ...I think.

I heard people say that Square is only making a third 13 because it allows them to use resources from previous games.  That's why they made FFX-2 on the PS2, I remember.  So I don't see Square going to all that hard work of making another big entry into an older iteration of the series right now, when they have these FFXIII resources to make development easier.

I also heard people say that this game is going to be called 'Lightning Returns', without the title 'Final Fantasy', and that this was to help show that this game is set in the same universe as FFXIII, but is not a Final Fantasy game.  They did something similar with that 'Bravely Default' game.  If I had to guess, I'd say that it's Square's way of seperating themselves from a series that has become so popular that it's become difficult to make a game that will appeal to the masses without angering a bunch of their fans.

Eddie-Murphy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Eddie-Murphy48
Member since 2013 • 939 Posts

A third X would have been better than a third XIII.  ...I think.

I heard people say that Square is only making a third 13 because it allows them to use resources from previous games.  That's why they made FFX-2 on the PS2, I remember.  So I don't see Square going to all that hard work of making another big entry into an older iteration of the series right now, when they have these FFXIII resources to make development easier.

I also heard people say that this game is going to be called 'Lightning Returns', without the title 'Final Fantasy', and that this was to help show that this game is set in the same universe as FFXIII, but is not a Final Fantasy game.  They did something similar with that 'Bravely Default' game.  If I had to guess, I'd say that it's Square's way of seperating themselves from a series that has become so popular that it's become difficult to make a game that will appeal to the masses without angering a bunch of their fans.

Ovirew

No they are making Xiii-3 because the plot left several holes and a large cvliff hanger in XIII-2.

They also did that with x-2 but not nearly as bad.

cloudstrife75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cloudstrife75
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

I just want a proper turn based final fantasy period. I HATE these action- rpgs

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I just want a proper turn based final fantasy period. I HATE these action- rpgs

cloudstrife75
I concur. Well, maybe not hate, but I don't like what they did with 12 and 13. If they made a good action/turn-based hybrid or something that might be ok, but idk. It would be nice to get back to the basics a bit.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

FFX and X-2 had plenty of closure. Outside of unnecessarily creating some external conflict there isn't anything left to go back to Spira for.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
FFX is my all time favorite game, and despite it's flaws I still loved FFX-2. That being said, I'm happier that they're making a 3rd FFXIII title instead just for the simple fact that FFXIII-2 ended with a giant slap in the nuts of 'To Be Continued', and I wanna see what the hell happens next. FFX and X-2 felt like they had adequate closure, so I'm fine if they never revisit that universe. I'd actually rather them leave it alone so they oversaturate things and bog it down like they've done with the countless FFVII spinoffs.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
as Ovirew said, a 3rd X would be better than XIII.. but to be honest X-2 was horrible in comparison to X
wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

No hell no. In fact don't make any more sequals they all suck. FFX isn't a bad game I like the ones before it more but still a good game. Then x-2 came along and they started going down hill with their games. I haven't like a single final fantasy game since 10 and it used to be my favorite series.  12 I didn't mind but it was no where near as good as say 8-9- or even 7. Hell even 6 aND 5 ARE BETER.

I also don't get why they are making a trilogy out of 13.  The story makes zero sense and you have to constantly look at a encyclopedia thing in game to understand wtf they are even talking about. The story literally makes zero sense and is so all over the place and unrelatable it earns worst final fantasy i've played ever. So I don't understand the business decisions to make to more **** games added on to it... Especually when they only sodl a few million copies each.

Ardazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Ardazu
Member since 2004 • 485 Posts

I go with X-3 over XIII-3, but a restructured Final Fantasy game with a new fresh story is my top choice.

Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

I would prefer that if...

1) it wasn't like X-2

2) character development on the sphere grid again.  A proper grid, not that thing that was passed off as a grid on XIII.

...Perhaps bring Tidus/Yuna's kid into it.

Or I'd rather have XIV, XV or Versus.

@cloudstrife75

Isn't that what we all want?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I don't want FFX to be ruined honestly, so I'm content they left it alone. FFX-2 was a good game, but I can see how it can be viewed as silly. FFXIII is already lame, so I could care less if they want to butcher it some more.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Nope. I'm tired of sequels to games that don't need sequels.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
FFX is my all time favorite game, and despite it's flaws I still loved FFX-2. That being said, I'm happier that they're making a 3rd FFXIII title instead just for the simple fact that FFXIII-2 ended with a giant slap in the nuts of 'To Be Continued', and I wanna see what the hell happens next. FFX and X-2 felt like they had adequate closure, so I'm fine if they never revisit that universe. I'd actually rather them leave it alone so they oversaturate things and bog it down like they've done with the countless FFVII spinoffs.Texas2089
Whoa whoa whoa. Final Fantasy X-2 had 3 different endings bro.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]FFX is my all time favorite game, and despite it's flaws I still loved FFX-2. That being said, I'm happier that they're making a 3rd FFXIII title instead just for the simple fact that FFXIII-2 ended with a giant slap in the nuts of 'To Be Continued', and I wanna see what the hell happens next. FFX and X-2 felt like they had adequate closure, so I'm fine if they never revisit that universe. I'd actually rather them leave it alone so they oversaturate things and bog it down like they've done with the countless FFVII spinoffs.Young_Charter
Whoa whoa whoa. Final Fantasy X-2 had 3 different endings bro.

Well if you get the true ending you get the good ending and the normal ending too. It doesn't offer 3 vastly different outcomes. It's just additional scenes added onto the ending you already get. And even so, the point was that the game felt like it came to a close. FFXIII-2 obviously didn't with a TBC ending.
hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 hellangel_boy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

I don't know why some people hate FFXII it was a great game in my opinion and felt unique. Anyway, I still haven't played FFXIII-2, I have but it still didn't go with it. FFXIII wasn't bad but it wasn't great and I had much fun with it, but it didn't feel like it needed a sequel, anyway, I'll just wait till I play FFXIII-2 to judge.

Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
I'm actually very excited for Lightning Returns. Final Fantasy XIII-2 left off on a cliffhanger, so I need to know what happens next. Final Fantasy X and X-2 had plenty of closure, especially the perfect ending for X-2. There's really no need for a X-3.