Worth the money???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bloodshot_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bloodshot_99
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

So now that people have had time with the PS4, I was wondering if it would be worth the money to buy one. A couple of my friends love theirs.

I have a PS3 (many games) with a few of the next-gen games (Ghosts, BF4, AC4) The only problem is that I am a poor college student....but I can probably make it all work out financially if I don't spend money on anything else!!!

I just want to know if its worth the buy, I mean, $400+ is a lot of money!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

although i love my ps4, i recommend sticking with the ps3 at least for a few more months. there aren't that many good exclusives out right now for the ps4 and the good multi-platform games don't start releasing until the summer or fall.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

You already have most of the next gen games on your ps3.

If you want Infamous ss than get your ps4 next month, or wait a few months till even more games come out.

perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 perphekt
Member since 2009 • 1096 Posts

I've made it thus long without getting a ps4. I want to wait at least a good solid year for them to figure out any kinks they need to work out. That also gives a good solid year to get more statistics on the console. I have my ps3 with my games that i'm enjoying and playing when i get the time.

I'd wait, personally. The 400 will be worth it when more games come out for the system itself. AND come next year xmas time the amount of games will have doubled, kinks will have been acknowledged and fixed alllsooooo you will have more a chance to get a bundle deal with games or eyes or cameras and what not.The 400 will go further in the future for the console.

I waited 3 years or so before i even got a ps3 after it's launch and was completely happy just playing my playstation 2 that whole time.

Maybe i just have more patience.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

You could buy it now & not expect to be blown away with the game library, or you could wait 3-6 months & PS Now in June will allow you to play PS3 games on it & more PS4 games will be out. I didn't buy it at launch because it would have lots of games. I'm patient & still play my PS3 also.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Although I think ps4 is a great system I would wait until middle of the yr if I am a poor student. Ps3 gets way more weekly Psn + updates compared to ps4. This has been my biggest gripe with the system. Once a month f or a free demo is no excuse. Ps4 should have come out with driveclub demo and other potential great game demos to peak our interest in these up and coming games. Not to mention just add ons to the camera would be nice. I believe Sony will come out hard with games soon but if I were u I would wait

I read ps4 will have 100 games released this yr but I only see 25 or so releases per gamestop. So Sony must be going to bring out a lot of surprised announced games soon.

Natalie445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Natalie445
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts

I bought it knowing that there was probably not going to be much to do on it, since I have money to spare anyway. That being said, if you don't have a lot of money to spare, don't buy it. There isn't much that the ps3 isn't already giving you, and chances are that you'll have more of your friends to play with if you buy the ps3 version of games anyway.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

nothing is worth not having fun at school by micro-budgeting throughout the year... don't buy a next-gen console yet and spend your money on your extra-curricular activities, this console generation will continue for five - seven years, you'll catch it eventually... :)

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I've gone from waiting till March when I get my big bonus, to waiting maybe into 2015. Kind of miffed the system is so bare bones. To be expected to some degree.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm more then happy with the system and it was worth it to me! My only complaint is that they stripped away some of the core multimedia functions, but hopefully they will bring them back via firmware updates.

But in your situation I would say wait if you gotta sell a body part to get one. Now, if you can get one but don't have a lot of cash for games I think the free games that sony has to offer are pretty good.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@MondasM said:

nothing is worth not having fun at school by micro-budgeting throughout the year... don't buy a next-gen console yet and spend your money on your extra-curricular activities, this console generation will continue for five - seven years, you'll catch it eventually... :)

Totally agree!!

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

I would wait a few more months. I was going to get one at launch but I decided to wait a year so they have more games out and have worked out the kinks. Plus you could get a bundle if you wait a little longer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Wait for PS Now since you have most of the games and then get it. It's a great console

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

To be honest there isn't many games released for the PS4 yet but that will change by the end of this year.